Threaded View

1. Collapse Details
    Octagon SF-4008(4K) Bugs, Issues, and Problems
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Octagon SF-4008 is a dual DVB-S2(x) receiver that was released a few months ago. The chipset for tis receiver is on a different platform or architecture as compared to most other fta receivers. Most of the plugins and other addons are being rewritten to take advantage or to work with this chipset design.

Here are a few problems or issues that I have noticed during my first few hours of using this receiver:
    No Blindscan
    Incomplete ATSC support (Hauppauge 850)
    Receiver hangs when loading images
    Some images do not support ACM/VCM transponders
    The receiver has the feel of being "Under Construction" or "Incomplete" (What do we expect? It is new.)

The Good stuff:
    Will play ACM/VCM transponder at 125 West
    Will play UHD and 4K channels (No stutters or other issues s far)
    Fast Boot time (about 30 seconds)
    Fast Chanel Changes
    Great picture (can only test up to 1080 resolution on my tv)
    Easy to share lamedb files from other receivers
    Has a ton of potential or possibilities

This thread was started with the intention of helping the ones that already have this receiver and to inform those who may want to purchase this receiver. I expect most of the problems I listed to be fixed over a period of time, and I expect this receiver to have blindscan at some point in the future.

The main thing that bothers me right now is the loading of different images. Open Eight is supposed to be an image designed strictly or only for Octagon, but all this image has done so far is lock the receiver up when I try to load it. A recovery file is available that corrects this, but to me, this problem or issue needs to be fixed asap.

I will add more comments to this thread as I get more familiar with this new receiver. Other questions or comments are welcomed. EB

Edit(s):
    16 ASPK transponder reception confirmed 4-2-17
    Last edited by el bandido; 04-02-2017 at 03:34 PM.

2. Thanks DaveLH, eastof111, ViP3R, rrob311, madmadworld thanked for this post