[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The enigma2 blindscan could be thought of as an user interface for the blndscan bin file that is provided by the receiver manufacturer. The blindscan plugin allows us to set or control some variables such as scan start - scan stop frequencies, or upper and lower symbol rate parameters. The actual blindscan process is mainly controlled by the manufactures blindscan bin file

Actual blindscan speed, or the speed of finding transponders goes pretty quick in enigma2. Problems with overall blindscan speed usually begin when the transponders that are found during the blindscan transponder search are scanned for channels. The Service scan that searches for channels may be extremely fast, or extremely slow. The Service scan was probably designed based on Dreambox receivers that were in production several years ago. The Service scan also has to work for many different brands of receivers.

We may not be able to adjust the Service scan speed in this forum, but we can add features or scan filters to the blindscan plugin to help speed the overall scan time up.Transponders for the satellites are normally stored in the satellies.xml file located in the "etc/tuxbox" folder. When a channel is scanned, transponder information for the channel is stored in the lamedb file located in the "etc/enigma2" folder. Filters may be added in the blindscan plugin to delete the transponders from the blindscan that are found at either of these locations. I see very little need to rescan a transponder that already has channels stored in the receiver for most scans, and fewer transponders that need a Service scan will result in a faster blindscan time.

We may also customize what we search for. Several enigma2 receivers now have 16/32 apsk capabilities, and we can add a filter to blindscan only for 16/32 apsk transponders. Filters are also available that compare the stored transponders for satellites up to 3 degrees away, and delete any duplicate transponders that are in neighboring satellites from the blindscan transponder list.

A while back or a year or two ago, lnbs that have a l.o. of 10750 were added to the blindscan plugin. A few math calculations were needed to do this, along with starting the scan in the blindscan plugin at 11550 MHz so transponders at or near 11700MHz would be found. To use this feature, Circular lnb type must be selected in antenna setup.

Changes to the blidnscan plugin are being made regularly by the developers. Some of the changes help us in North America, while other changes may not really benefit us. As an example, recently all default blndscans except those using the Universal lnb type are set to circular output in the blindscan plugin. Using circular settings in the blindscan plugin for linear satellites will cause scanning issues!

In the past, I have modified the blindscan plugin with features designed for use in North America. However, I see little need to do this now unless the features that I add will be used. I also adjust settings and defaults of the blindscan plugin to my personal wants or likes. I will be glad to help anyone that would like more or different features.

I have uploaded a couple of videos to demonstrate the blindscan. in enigma2 receivers. The first video in the link below shows a blindscan of 97 West Ku, and shows how to properly set the 10750 l.o. in enigma2.
The second video is around 17-18 minutes long and shows the enigma2 blindscan of 105 West C band that yields over 2500 tv and radio services. Enigmna2 is the only system I know of that is capable of blind scanning the 105W satellite and returning this amount of channels in a single scan.

97W_Ku_BS-10750_20170409_0342.ts

105W_BS_20170408_1956.ts (522.0 MB)

The purpose of this thread is to discuss the use of the blindscan plugin. Anyone that has suggestions, questions, or comments about the blindscan plugin is welcome to post in this thread. EB