Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    ZGemma H7 UHD From Tek2000.com: Buyer Beware!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It is nice to see someone selling enigma2 receivers in North America, but it is not so nice to see things advertised as working when they are not. The Tek2000 ad posted in the link above has classic fta receiver claims in it, up to and including the elusive 4:2:2 video codec. Currently, the Zgemma H7 cannot do 4:2:2 / MPEG 4.

There is no blindscan for this receiver, and there is no DVB-S/S2 satellite epg, except on a few channels that almost any fta receiver can get. You also get $50.00 off retail price if you pre-order which is a Red Flag.

I have seen a lot of advertisements like this, and I think 100 percent of them could not produce everything they claimed. The 4:2:2 claim comes out almost every time a new receiver is introduced! Zgemma does not have DVB-S/S2 blindscan for internal tuners on any current receiver, or even on any receiver they have ever made. It is possible they will add it, and it is possible they will not!

The fta satellite epg claim for North America is pretty far fetched, but it can be done. It would take a lot of time and maintenance to make large scale fta satellite epg work in North America. I would be surprised to see over a handful or two of channels with supported epg. I would also expect the epg to be buggy and not last long. Again, fta satellite epg in North America can be done, but it would take motivation, time, and discipline. It would really need to be a group effort.

The Zgemma H7 could be a big upgrade for someone that has never owned an enigma2 box, but as is, the Zgemma H7 is not really capable of doing much in North America. It does have a lot of potential, but I would rather wait and pay the full $300.00 after all these advertised features are working correctly instead of getting a $50.00 discount now and hoping this stuff will work later. Features are always one update away from working, right? Good luck with that! EB

DESCRIPTION
    The ZGemma H7 (North American Edition) is our newest receiver capable of decoding 4K satellite tv broadcasts!

This receiver will decode DVB-S and DVB-S2 satellite signals, ATSC terrestrial and digital cable signals and supports all major video compression codecs like MPEG2, MPEG4, and H.265 (hevc) and can demodulate QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK modulation.

Get the most out of your TVRO satellite experience with a ZGemma H7 (North American) 4K digital satellite receiver today!

Note: A 4K television is required to view UHD tv channels.

Note: This 4K receiver will start shipping with all our dish packages starting in August, 2017.

Note: Future EPG satellite support will only work if you purchase from us. It will NOT work with the European edition or any clones.

Note: We are the exclusive dealer for the North American Edition of the ZGemma H7 4K receiver.

Note: For available 4K channels, please visit Satellite Charts and search for UHDTV channels.

Note: To learn how to use your 4K receiver, please see the 4K Receiver Guide.

Note: Now accepting pre-orders for $249 USD (regular price $299 USD). Item will ship August 15th, 2017.

FEATURES
    4K (UHD) resolution
    Front panel display
    Front CI and smart card slots
    DVB-S2 and ATSC tuners
    QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK demodulation
    MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264, H.265 SD, HD, UHD video decoding
    Internal SSD mount for PVR capability
    4.2.2 / MPEG 4 / H.265 processing
    Enigma 2 Open Source Operating System

INCLUDES
    ZGemma H7 (North American Edition)
    Remote Control
    120V/240V Power Supply
    HDMI Cable

Price: $249.00 USD
    Zgemma Clones? LOL
    No mention of a warranty.

2. Thanks eastof111, iccoldbeer, 172, mengram, askit, rrob311, ViP3R, sideswiper thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting, Rick Clayor has ordered a case of octagon sf4008 and the manufacturer has told him that they will have blind scan. He makes no promise of such and they are not on his retail store site.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Yes good to see E2 for NA

4. Thanks el bandido, mengram, rrob311, ViP3R, sideswiper thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tek2000 says this:
    I have been told this receiver can decode 4.2.2 / MPEG4 chroma profiles and is capable of blind scan, but needs another firmware update. As soon as I can confirm that these two features work and the CBS channels decode, I will let everyone know.
    His advertising shows 4.2.2 / MPEG4. I do not like seeing things like this, and pre-orders are not normally a good thing. The H7 may turn out to be the best receiver we have seen in years, but it is not that now. There really is not a Zgemma H7 North American Edition either because these receivers are designed to operate anywhere in the world. The Internal ATSC tuner will work in other places besides North America, but he does have the right to name it whatever he wants to.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

6. Thanks iccoldbeer, mengram, ViP3R, sideswiper thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reading between the lines but i think the so called N.A. version will pull N.A .xml epg data from location maintained by tek2000. I could be way off.

8. Thanks mengram, ViP3R thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are probably correct. The trick is getting the epg into a file that is usable for the channels we can view. It takes some work to do this, and it would be something one person would probably have a full time job of maintaining. FridgeFTA tried this same trick on Amiko. How long the imported epg will last and how well it will work remains to be seen. Where is a working demonstration of this satellite epg? I do not like seeing features advertised that cannot be demonstrated to work.

10. Thanks iccoldbeer, mengram, ViP3R thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes "If wishes were fishes" came to mind when reading the linked description.

12. Thanks mengram, ViP3R, sideswiper thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do think advertising: 4.2.2 / MPEG 4 / H.265 processing then saying they can not confirm it is a HUGE red flag!
    They should have done right and removed the 4:2:2 part till they were sure it was true.

14. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EPG for all satellites? LOL
    I did some research om epg in enigma2 receivers a couple of years ago. What Tek2000 is claiming to do is not easy, but to give benefit of doubt, I would say it might be possible. There was a company that would sell epg information, but they did not have everything I needed, plus I did not want to pay a monthly fee. Making this epg "exclusive" will be almost impossible to do with enigma2 receiver. Will have to see this working in order to be convinced it is real. Posting a few pictures of epg working or even a short video will not be enough to convince me. Many different things have to be correct in order for epg to populate and be displayed correctly.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Tek2000 is pleased to announce the debut of the ZGemma H7 (North America Edition) 4K satellite receiver. This receiver will demodulate QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK signals and decode MPEG2, MPEG4 and H.265 (HEVC) video with a maximum resolution of 2160p (UHDTV). The unit includes two DVB-S2 (pluggable) satellite tuners and one ATSC Terrestrial tuner. This will also be the only TVRO satellite receiver with real-time EPG satellite information available for all satellites! More information about this feature will be forthcoming.

There are currently several full-time 4K (UHD) channels broadcasting on c band satellite such as 4KUniverse, C4K360, SPI Funbox 4K, Nature Relaxation, Fashion One 4K, Nasa 4K, Fight Sport 4K and countless 4K sports wild feeds. All are FTA and this is the receiver you need to watch them!

We have a container full of these on the way and expect to start shipping out pre-orders by August 15th, 2017. We will also include this 4K receiver with all our dish package deals so new TVRO customers are ready to enjoy 4K content immediately!

We are the exclusive North American dealer for this product. Don’t delay, order your 4K receiver today!

16. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    TEK2000.COM----Has any member here ever ordered anything from this web site? Has anyone ever had any 'scam' or other problems from these people? I was wondering if they can be trusted! Thanks
    If you have any questions about our products or your order please feel free to contact us. Please don't hesitate to ask us about anything, including dish sizes, receiver capabilities, channels you want to receive, installation advice and anything else. We will do our best to answer all questions within 24hrs.

Mailing Address

Tek2000
    2400 Midland Ave
    Suite 112 - Box 111
    Scarborough, Ontario
    M1S-5C1
    Canada
    Last edited by terrer; 07-27-2017 at 04:46 PM.

18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Other ops on some other sites have purchased their dishes. The only complaints were misaligned screw holes and damages due to shipping along with a few other items. But, in general they seemed to be complacent with their dishes considering their experience. Bear in mind that these posts were from the middle of last year and I have not seen more recent posts regarding TEK2000.

19. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast