Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    There are not different versions of this H7 receiver which allow internal tuner satellite blindscan while other H7 versions do not. It looks like several people just do not know what satellite blindscan is or else they are just trying to fool people into buying the box by claiming it has internal tuner satellite blindscan.

2. Thanks eastof111, iccoldbeer, ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Tek2000 is also selling the Zgemma H5.AC. The H5 is a nice little receiver, and even has a lot for a microSD card. The Zgemma H5 Does Not do the 16 and 32 APSK type modulations.

Tek2000 lists the Zgemma H5.AC as being capable of 16/32 APSK modulations. This is FALSE!

Review of the Zgemma H5.AC is here:

The Zgemma H5.AC does not currently have DVB-S/S2 blindscan using internal tuners. This feature was asked for about 1 year ago and has yet to be added.

ZGemma H5 HD

DESCRIPTION
    The ZGemma H5 (North American Edition) is our newest HD receiver and the little brother of the ZGemma H7!

This receiver will decode DVB-S and DVB-S2 satellite signals, ATSC terrestrial and digital cable signals and supports all major video compression codecs like MPEG2, MPEG4, and H.265 (hevc) and can demodulate QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK modulation.

This receiver will decode everything except 4K broadcasts and makes an excellent 2nd FTA receiver in the house!

Note: Future EPG satellite support will only work if you purchase from us. It will NOT work with the European edition or any clones.

Note: We are the exclusive dealer for the North American Edition of the ZGemma H5 receiver.

Note: For available 4K channels, please visit Satellite Charts and search for FTA channels.

Note: To learn how to use your ZGemma H5 receiver, please see the ZGemma Receiver Guide.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Thanks eastof111, mountaineer thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol
    The latest openPLI firmware for this receiver can handle 4:2:2 / MPEG4. Unfortunately, CBS seems to be the only channel using this format and they have now encrypted with Irdeto. I guess they heard about our new 4K receiver.
    (1) OpenPLi makes no mention of 4:2:2 / MPEG4.being added to any receiver.
    (2) Neither CBS or CW has encrypted with Irdeto on the channels I checked. (See Screenshot).
    (3) No mention of blindscan.

6. Thanks iccoldbeer, skink, mountaineer, eastof111 thanked for this post
    Likes mountaineer liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do not believe anything Tek2000 says about his North American Zgemma receivers.

We are not initially releasing the 4:2:2 mpeg4 firmware because of some technical problems and until the manufacturer gets permission to use this commercial codec legally. You guys made such a fuss about 4:2:2 that it went around the world all the way to the chip maker! If the firmware with the 4:2:2 supports gets leaked, you can use it, but it does have some problems. I wish there were more signals with this particular profile so we could send more transport stream logs to the engineers to work with, but unencrypted CBS and random wild feeds is all we got. I think CBS is unencrypted full time on 114.9 west, but I am outside the satellite footprint and can't confirm it. Anyhow, just waiting on the ATSC tuners and shipping of these 4K receivers will begin.
    Funny he still Advertises 4.2.2 / MPEG 4 / H.265 processing after admitting it does not Legally have this feature. Again, no mention from OpenPLi or any other image group that I know of about 4.2.2 MPEG 4 being available. Most likely, the tuner driver would at least need to be modified, and image groups such as OpenPLi or OpenATV do not have access to modify the tuner driver because it is closed source.

The price for the Zgemma H7 from Tek2000 is now $300.00 ($299 listed) U.S. dollars

8. Thanks ViP3R, iccoldbeer, eastof111 thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only a driver update is needed....
    Here is the latest posted by Tek2000, which is supposed to be a message from Zgemma:
    Dear,

Thanks for CBS transport files.

Now our zgemma h7 north america can't work properly on this 4:2:2 file, it's the softwarehouse problem, we need modify the driver frist.
    don't worry h7 will support your special 4:2:2 in the future.
    LOL
    It could happen. But this is the same line of trash we have been hearing since 2010, and it has not happened yet! I have no respect for someone that advertises like this.

10. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes 172, tesla420 liked this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This one does not do 4:2:2 folks, But the next one will! LOL
    The Chinese know how to spell Broadcom.

Here is the latest from Tek2000:
    Regarding 4:2:2 issue, I received this in my inbox this morning:

Dear,

about the 4:2:2 problem I'm so sorry that it really cause all problems with your H7 series.
    the problem is this BOCOM chippset can't support your special 4:2:2,
    But don't worry next production run we'll release the other chippset model which can support your cbs 4:2:2.

I have asked them to start production with the new chip and we're looking at a delivery date of January 2018. My question to you all is this: are you all behind this receiver? I don't want to take possession of 500 of these receivers only to have them take up space in my warehouse. I can get the retail price under $200 by ordering 500, but I need some confirmation from anyone who intends to make purchase. Please register on this forum and let us know.

One more thing. Some c-band enthusiasts have emailed me about their intentions of running an epg server for North American programming. They sounded sincere, so I sent them a couple of boxes for testing. If they deliver as promised, we will have a working epg (like dish/directv).

Good luck with that satellite EPG for North America. Looks like he wants to blame someone else for that not working? Nothing but excuses.

Hey Tek2000, What about offering a refund to anyone that bought the Zgemma H7 from you? Your specs in advertisement clearly said 4:2:2 mpeg4.

12. Thanks ViP3R, eastof111, mountaineer thanked for this post
    Likes 172, iccoldbeer, filister, tesla420, ftaal liked this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank God for them, I got a good laugh today reading this!!!
    Just a reminder Broadcom has NO PLANS supporting 4:2:2 in their SOCs, so the only way we're gonna see 4:2:2 in an E2 box using their SoCs is when the CPUs will be as powerful as to permit software based decoding like a PC. It will happen, we just don't know when. Maybe on SF5008 (unlikely), maybe on SF9008, maybe on H25, maybe on DM 1 million+, but it will.
    Unless SH4 based receivers running E2 decide to make a serious entry in the game...

14. Thanks ViP3R, el bandido, eastof111, mountaineer thanked for this post
    Likes iccoldbeer liked this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure there are some here who recall a scam at the late & not so great sad testers. Lots of unfulfilled DM500HD stbs & daughter cards.
    Cisco fixed them but good. Hmm, could there be a similarity here?

16. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R, mountaineer thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido, iccoldbeer liked this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sold by the hot air Tek2000 blows.

18. Thanks el bandido, mountaineer, ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes filister liked this post
  19. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tek2000 still promotes that Zgemma H7s as if its the Holy Grail box of the decade, but we know differently don't we.
    Man has that guy gone over the edge or what? Deleting posts and banning members without notice - just as before IIRC.
    Wow.

Think I'll look to some other E2 stb for new satellite hobby experience. Perhaps from a euro vendor.

20. Thanks mountaineer, ViP3R, el bandido, ftaal thanked for this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast