Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    You may be right about the Quattro side, but how would enigma2 automatically know about that side? Unless like you say, the switch is 22KHz automatically on that side.

I think this switch could be viewed in enigma2 as TWO multi-switches tied together.
    Ports A thru H would be Switch One.
    Ports I thru P would be Switch Two.

(Two Ports assigned for each satellite, 1 for vertical, 1 for horizontal)

If this line of thinking is correct, then try:
    Assign switch One the proper diseqc switch number (1-4 or A-D), and also use ToneBurst A
    Assign switch Two the proper diseqc switch number (1-4 or A-D), and also use ToneBurst B

Is it possible to test this configuration on a satellite or two?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OR is it possible to move the three Universal lnbs to the quattro side If they are not there already.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are the stacked lnbs the only ones giving problems???
    It might help to have the make/model of the stacked lnbs.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are the dish network KU stacked lnbs...used for 121 on the old super dishes I think.
    the one cband stacked lnb I have to look at tonight.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think I will try the following...
    1 your suggestion

2. Move all stacked lnb's to commands 1 and 2 ports 1-8 and all non stacked to 3 and 4 ports 9-16. If the switch (3 and 4 ports 9-16) doesn't detect an expanded range then maybe it will allow the receivers to control the 22.

I use stacked lnbs to receive both polarities on one polarity...thus I get all of Cband on 103, all of KU on 103, 95, 91, 121, and 97. ..... each with one single coax respectively.

This switch does not "PASS THROUGH" anything to lnbs......22 , diseqc and usals do not make it past this switch. The switch does have 4 DIP switches at the bottom of it to allow for a continuous transmission of 22 tone from switch to lnbs for ports 3,4,7,8...Each individually controlled by a dip switch. That is why the universal 125, 87, and moveable KU ...... ku lnbs have to stay on switch commands 1 and or 2 in the 22 on ports so they will have a LO of 10600. The commands 3 and 4 do not transmit 22 tone so I think that may be where the probelm is at..it thinks there are quatro lnbs there and is trying to collect all of the range that a quatro has and get it to the receivers.

Commands, tones, and voltages from receivers do nothing but operate the switches and select ports...nothing from the receivers makes it past the switch...it powers the lnbs as well.

Hope this all makes sense.

6. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The L frequency or Line frequency for the satellite receiver is about 950 MHz to 2150 MHz. A bandstacked lnb uses all of this frequency range while most other lnbs only use a segment of it. Enigma2 is not really designed to operate across the whole 950-2150 MHz range at one time. This tidbit is also probably part of your problem.

What is the make/model of your Ku band stacked lnb?

We may be able to make changes in the NimManager file and get something to work. Really dunno...The problem with this is you would then have a "Custom" enigma2 image, and you would need to install your custom NimManager file after an update. The NimManager file may also vary with different image groups. Still, I think it would be worth testing and see if we can get it to work correctly.

8. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dish Network KU band stacked FSS for use on super dishes to receive 105 or 121 ku

From : [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

DP FSS

This is a bandstacked LNB which receives 11.7-12.2 GHz, the standard FSS frequency range. It was most commonly used with all types of Super Dishes, paired with a standard Ku band feedhorn attached via a standard 20mm flange fitting. When used with the type I Super Dish it received 105°, where it was attached to an unusual double feedhorn. The type II Super Dish used one for 121°, in the steel version it was connected to a standard round feedhorn, in the fiberglass version it was used with an elliptical feedhorn with a depolarizing collar that could be rotated to accept either circular or linear signals. The DP FSS is compatible with all Dish Pro and Dish Pro Plus switches, it shows up as "DP Feed" in a check switch. It can also be used in conjuction with a Super Dish or any other dish/feed with any non-Dish Network satellite receiver that supports bandstacked LNBs to receive any Ku band FSS satellite.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

10. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks to me like you are missing a l.o. frequency for the band stacked lnb.
    DP FSS
    This is a bandstacked LNB which receives 11.7-12.2 GHz, the standard FSS frequency range.
    To do this would require two l.o. frequencies.
    L.o. = 13850
    L.o = 14350

12. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried both of our suggestions and neither worked.

When I moved the stacked lnbs to switch 1 and 2 they deactivated 22 settings in the switch just like when they were on 3 and 4. 3 and 4 with no stacked lnbs worked fine then. So I changed everything back and tried the toneburst but nothing. So it is the stacked lnbs confusing the switch to change and alter the 22 settings it responds to.

Its ok...I have it pretty much like I want it...but it is interesting to say the least

14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not see any way that a bandstacked lnb like yours will work Correctly with one l.o. frequency. It has got to have two l.o.'s

15. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast