Apparently, the impedance of inserting this meter into the line does not change much because I do not see any noticeable loss in received signal when this meter is inserted.
This is a simple test meter that can be built for less than twenty dollars, and I find that it works exceptionally well. I do not see the rf having any real negative effect on this meter either. Granted, it is not a 10,000 dollar piece of test equipment, but the milliamp values this meter shows closely agree with the readings of other amp meters. The test meter may also be easily removed if any problems arise.

The line between the receiver and lnb is also highly amplified because there is no other real choice besdies line amplification except to use a very large feed line. Each switch that is inserted between a receiver and lnb has a multitude of electronic parts in it, and the switch also hasa few db of insertion loss. Next, add the loss of 10-20 db in the 100-200 feet of low grade coax cable, and add the loss of the connectors. So the line amplification between the receiver and lnb has no choice but to be very large in db.