Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Telnet uses io to connect.

The terminal that is being referred to (putty) is connecting to the box using the serial or rs232 connection.

2. Collapse Details
    Possible End Of The Road For The Alien
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I have learned something that puts a new spin on things.. When a HDMI cable is connected to the receiver even open esi will not complete a boot process. Also I've noticed there is no output from the composite video output either. I can't comment about the SCART output. My guess is that I did have this receiver running in the shop not on a UPS when our power did it's usual on/off cycle 4 or 5 times in less than a minute. My equipment in the house is backed up on UPS for that very reason,I've scrapped numerous satellite receivers from Dish to Amiko because of this crap! I plan on looking at the HDMI output and see what voltages I see but no video output is certainly a shot to the heart as far as setup is concerned. Doesn't look like the power co has a good handle on the new solid state reclosers that they have been installing lately

Thanks for the help!

3. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you need a new receiver.
    I would suggest the dual DVB-S2 Edision OS Mini as a replacement.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure seems that way! I have SMT service equipment but not the eyes any longer. Plus many components are NLA and NOS somewhere exists but likely is expensive.

I'll sure look into the receiver you mentioned!

Thanks so much for everything!

EDIT:
    Stranger things have happened but I have it running Open ATV currently on composite output. HDMI is still a problem but by selecting SCART output on this thing it also outputs in composite video and audio. Picture doesn't look too bad and if it stays up it will be OK for the shop.. just something for noise and a glance now and then when I'm working. Maybe I can determine what's up with the HDMI port eventually. Strange that it halts the boot process when connected! Never heard or seen this one before.
    Other than a strange setup for running a dish mover the OpenAtv program is not too bad especially when you can see on screen how to complete the setup LOL!
    Last edited by sattech64; 12-07-2017 at 01:03 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345