1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    I do not use channel editors much.
    You guys probably know this, but I will say it anyway.

Editing is easier if you make a bouquet for each scanned satellite in Favorites. These bouquets should be made immediately when a new satellite is scanned.
    Any channel edited or modified in favorites (bouquets) will maintain or keep the edits - even if the satellite is erased and rescanned. This assumes of course, that the unedited or original channel was found again during the rescan.

Try this for yourself if you have not already.
    Yes EB I have not tied this but did this morning. What I want to do is edit APID's on a 103W transponder for music channels. I don't see how I can do this without using a channel editor.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A channel Editor is probably easier for that, but you can also edit the file that contains the channel information.

It is a very good idea to back up the whole image after making manual edits. This saves a ton of time and aggravation if you ever need to restore or move the edited channels.

3. Thanks rayydio thanked for this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    A channel Editor is probably easier for that, but you can also edit the file that contains the channel information.

It is a very good idea to back up the whole image after making manual edits. This saves a ton of time and aggravation if you ever need to restore or move the edited channels.
    And the file that contains the channel information is located where? Have not found it yet - thanks

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's how I did mine. The three in front of the Apid for the service Id keeps the channels in order but you can do it what ever works for you. The provider can be left blank too.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. Thanks rayydio, el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes rayydio, el bandido liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The channel file is called lamedb, and it is located in etc/enigma2. There is also a lamedb5 in the same location that needs to be transferred out of the box and have all the information in the file erased. Then reinstall the empty lamedb5 back into the box along with your modified lamedb file. More information on doing that is here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

What is posted above will be easier, especially for someone new to the enigma2 operating system.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

8. Thanks Megatron817, rayydio thanked for this post
    Likes rayydio liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234