Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Blind scans
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The blind scans don't always come up with channels when channels are there.
    what I have to do is send my scan xml to the computer then add the found new tp's with TS-Satellite editor and go to signal finder and see if I have SNR/AGC on the newly added tp if I have signal I Then press the green button to scan and the channels are found.
    It seems to find the tp's great just not the channels all the time.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some examples would help. What satellite and what transponders have this problem?
    Are you blindscanning for free channels Only?

3. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tonight I was scanning 91w ku. some blind scans was missing some of the regular channels that are usually there like news one feeds and other channels it would find. not really any one transponder just seems to randomly miss the channels because when I look at the scan xml it seen or found the transponder just did not scan any channels on that transponder. But if I try to blind scan again the channels it missed the first time would be found. some blind scans seem to be perfect where others would not be. I have tried it both ways free channels or all and it will miss channels some times, other times not.

5. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blind scanning with DiSEqC switch.
    Took swich out of line and did 3 back to back blind scans of 91w Ku. all 3 scans were good found transponders along with the channels.
    Put a different brand switch back on "Pansat" going to see how it works out.

7. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The different diseqc has been working great with the blind scan plugin.
    If I knew it was that I would have never started this thead but if anyone else has this problem maybe this thread will help.
    Also wanted to say thanks to those on this forum for all the great information in old post, been reading and learning alot.
    Today I got a hauppauge 950q that I ordered preowned off of ebay for under $20
    Got It set up very easy from reading this forum.
    Thanks!

9. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are some problems in the blindscan that should be fixed. But I agree that it does work pretty good as is. I will try to post some examples of blindscan problems later today or tomorrow.

11. Thanks ViP3R, Megatron817 thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It does not happen often, but I have noticed that the Zero 4K will log a transponder, then delete it. I am familiar with the enigma2 blindscan plugin, and the enigma2 Service scan python files. I modified the blindscan plugin to print the transponders it finds to the telnet screen. I did not find any good transponders being deleted in the blindscan, so I modified the service scan files to print the transponders to be scanned in the telnet screen, plus count the transponders it scans. The Service scan is receiving the same number of transponders that are found in blindscan, so no transponders are being lost in the blindscan or in the Service scan.

Where are the transponders being deleted???
    I dunno.
    There are parts of enigma2 that I cannot see, and then there is the blindscan binary file that is located in usr/bin. The blindscan binary file is closed source and is controlled by Vu+. I suspect that there is a duplicate routine being ran in this blindscan binary that is deleting transponders that are possible duplicates. This is the only explanation that makes sense to me as I have never seen this problem in enigma2 before. The transponder that is being deleted at 101W C band is usually Heroes or Decades. These transponders are 3-4 MHZ apart, and they have about the same symbol rate. Other transponders that are being deleted appear to have a similar pattern.

Getting the Service scan to show the total number of transponders that is supposed to be scanned, then comparing that number to how many transponders are actually scanned shows how many transponders are being missed. An example is in the screencaps.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

13. Thanks eastof111, Megatron817 thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another problem is the start frequency in the blind scan .xml shows 11550 even though 11700 was entered as the start frequency. The stop frequency works fine I enter 12200 instead of 12750. I Use a standard lnb with a range of 11700 -12200 . That would speed blind scans up a bit I would think to get the start frequency correct.
    Last edited by Megatron817; 06-10-2018 at 11:40 AM.

15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have to understand what is going on. Circular or 10750 lnb l.o. blindscan in enigma2 with Vu+ is a hack, similar to the 5150 C band l.o.

Enigma2 only knows one type of lnb for blindscan, which is universal, 9750-10600 l.o. frequencies. To make the Circular or 10750 l.o. work, you have to start it 150 MHz lower. If this is not done, then the first 150 MHz of the blindscan will be missed when using a 10750 lnb. The receiver is not actually scanning 11550 MHZ because the 10750 lnb is not capable of going that low.

16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is part of the blindscan plugin where the lnb frequencies are corrected.
    def correctBugsCausedByDriver(self, tplist) :
    if self.is_c_band_scan: # for some reason a c-band scan (with a Vu+) returns the transponder frequencies in Ku band format so they have to be converted back to c-band numbers before the subsequent service search
    x = 0
    for transponders in tplist:
    if tplist[x].frequency > (4200*1000) :
    tplist[x].frequency = (5150*1000) - (tplist[x].frequency - (9750*1000))
    x += 1

elif self.is_circular_band_scan: # Add Standard 10750 L.O. LNB
    x = 0
    for transponders in tplist:
    tplist[x].frequency = (150*1000) + tplist[x].frequency
    x += 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast