Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    More of the blind leading the blind. Where do these guys get their setup information from? Maybe ask Huevos since he wrote the code for the blindscan plugin?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here is what user Defined Settings for a 10750 lnb should look like:
    LOF/L = 10750
    LOF/H =10750
    Treshold = 10750
    22KHz tone = OFF

Other settings may work, but the person who wrote the code says what is listed above should be used.
    I'm not a member so I can't tell them to try the Satdreamgr-6 image for the sf8008. If the Octagon is anything like the vu+ zero 4k in my opinion Openpli and Satdreamgr has a faster blindscan and more stable picture than the OE images. I don't think any one here has an sf8008 to see the difference.

2. Thanks eastof111, ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few months back one of our current members posted some good advice regarding an Octagon receiver which he owned and his post initially went right over their heads. It seems that if you are not a well known member, your post will just remain a post.

Some members there have even used some of EB's suggestions and files and hardly anyone have acknowledged his existence or for that matter Legitfta.
    Last edited by eastof111; 12-16-2018 at 09:37 PM.

4. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido, Megatron817 liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Where do these guys get their setup information from?"
    Or, maybe log in to Legitfta.... LOL.

6. Thanks ViP3R, Megatron817 thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    More of the blind leading the blind. Where do these guys get their setup information from? Maybe ask Huevos since he wrote the code for the blindscan plugin?

Here is what user Defined Settings for a 10750 lnb should look like:
    LOF/L = 10750
    LOF/H =10750
    Treshold = 10750
    22KHz tone = OFF

Other settings may work, but the person who wrote the code says what is listed above should be used.
    Hello EB
    with these settings or when KU BAND is set to circular, do you get duplicate channels?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not think either setting should give duplicates. I do not have a 10750 lnb on the dish right now.

To be clear, the Cicrular lnb setting has a l.o. of 10750, but someone has been writing code for that lnb. So it is suggested not to use Circular setting and use this instead:

LOF/L = 10750
    LOF/H =10750
    Treshold = 10750
    22KHz tone = OFF

There should not be any duplicates if those settings are used in a Healthy antenna system. Please let me know if you are having trouble with duplicate transponders.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not think either setting should give duplicates. I do not have a 10750 lnb on the dish right now.

To be clear, the Cicrular lnb setting has a l.o. of 10750, but someone has been writing code for that lnb. So it is suggested not to use Circular setting and use this instead:

LOF/L = 10750
    LOF/H =10750
    Treshold = 10750
    22KHz tone = OFF

There should not be any duplicates if those settings are used in a Healthy antenna system. Please let me know if you are having trouble with duplicate transponders.
    Thanks EB, I get duplicates in every setting. I change my orthmode cables when I was setting my Zero 4k and most like is not set correct for the KU band, I had it right before, but I screw something up, I'll fix it.
    Regards.
    Chewie

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post your settings file located in etc/enigma2 if you cannot figure it out. Just remember the settings file will contain Facebook or other internet site passwords, so check it first before posting it!

11. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems the SF8008 has some motorized dish issues in blindscan.

uclan and sf8008 update drivers

Blindscan issues:
    - fixed diseqc1.1/1.2
    - USALS control for blindscan
    - add correct fec, inversion, system, modulation, rolloff, pilot for blindscan tp

Some Users in Europe are reporting blindscan motor control issues continue after this update, but I do not see anything about the SF8008 motor problem at Ricks. Go figure...

Octagon should quit using its customers as beta testers for drivers. Octagon should have learned this was not a good idea when they bootlooped the Sf4008 receivers with a driver update.

13. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fixed today.

Blindscan:
    - diseqc 1.1 fix.
    - c band circular & liniear fix.
    - diseqc motor fix.
    - switch correctly OK
    - diseqc command fix.

Getestet mit OpenATV und OpenVix Images!

Image Datum sollte Neu sein.
    octagon-blindscan per ftp zu /usr/bin/ kopieren, box neustarten.

15. Thanks ViP3R, mountaineer thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    AAC audio does not work in the SF8008 on some of the thousands of radio channels on 105 West, C band. Seems Octagon and the folks at Rick's are blaming enigma2 out of ignorance. Of course enigma2 could be the problem or the reason these channels will not play. But these channels play on the Edision MIO, so how can that be possible if enigma2 is the problem?

Funny to see the drama of getting a .TS file made for these AAC radio channels, especially when instructions to do that task have been posted here, and in the WOS thread in the link. Wonder why Octagon cannot produce a German station to test as mentioned in the WOS thread???

We already know Octagon likes to blame others when there are problems, so having them say enigma 2 is the problem really does not surprise me. Seems at least Octagon could do what is needed to get OpenPLi support.?

For the record, I have no idea why these AAC radio channels will play on a few enigma2 receivers, but not the rest. I would allow the problem or issue may be in enigma2, but hate to see the blame for these channels placed on the operating system without any evidence to support it. Maybe it will be fixed, regardless of where the problem is. I do expect the solution to be a driver update for the receiver instead of an enigma2 update. We will see...

17. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast