Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The Chinese clone looks nice, but I sure hope their cloning skills are better than presenting their address as "Adress: 7rd Floor".

2. Thanks ViP3R, mengram thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    They all probably come from the same factory and even the same assembly line in China, so I doubt they are clones. Denys uClan was or is better supported than the Octagon SX88, and the uClan Ustym is supposed to be better supported than the SF8008. The Ustym will not be available until November so the SF8008 will have time to prove itself. I have seen the SF8008 selling for around $100.00 U.S. before shipping, so this receiver package and variants will probably be available in several different makes and models in a few months if it becomes popular and works as advertised. We will see...

4. Thanks ViP3R, mengram thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The SF8008 and the uClan Ustym have a slightly customized blindscan. I assume the box manufacturer did this because it is in more than one model. Anyway, this blindscan can be used on almost any enigma2 receiver that supports blindscan.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. Thanks eastof111, ViP3R, Megatron817 thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this the blind scan for the octagon?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. For the new Octagon SF8008 AND other models.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EB, the price looks pretty good, I hope uClan Ustym is around the same price and of course is better supported, I rather buy something else and not Octagon.
    Let us know what you hear.
    Regards.
    Chewie

10. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Ustym should be available sometime in November 2018. We will see...I do not see myself paying any money for the SF8008.

The SF8008 is a problem for Rick Caylor due to its price (see link above). The SF4008 could be bought in bulk for around $70.00 U.S. per unit. He is currently selling them for $284.00 U.S. which should yield him a decent profit of at least $150.00 per box sold.

The SF8008 is selling at retail for around $100.00 U.S. in Europe without shipping. Bulk price would of course be considerably cheaper. Rick may sell the SF8008 receiver, but it will cut his profit on the SF4008 because he will have a hard time selling them alongside the SF8008. Who wants the SF4008 when the SF8008 has blindscan and no 4K audio problem? Will be interesting to see what he does about this dilemma.

My guess is had Rick not been so greedy with the SF4008 price, he could have sold more of them and had little or no SF4008 stock at this time. Sometimes you make more money by selling for less.

12. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
    Likes ViP3R liked this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello EB
    I found this address where someone purchased the Ustym receiver , the price that I saw was 45.10 dollars, is in the Ukraine, I hope is the same receiver.
    Regards.
    Chewie

14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Ustym is not at retail yet. uClan has been contacted. We will see what they do in around 4 weeks. Other new receivers will be on the market soon, or at least they are supposed to be. We will see...

15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to see his high price for the SF8008.

Hi All,

We have ordered some of the new SF8008 Octagon Receivers and will have more details about them soon, including price and expected arrival time. Still a couple weeks away before we have them in stock.

A You Tube video is here showing the Blind Scan working: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Will add information here and at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] as it becomes available.

Thanks,

Rick

16. Likes ViP3R liked this post
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast