Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Can't wait to see his high price for the SF8008.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    No seems to interested so far, 84 views and o comments.

click click b00m

2. Thanks eastof111, mengram thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe they are waiting for Chuckrcheese to release the SF4008 blindscan he claims to have? LOL

Anyone wanting to buy the SF8008 should read the long thread about it at the OpenATV site. Use a translator if needed, but read it & read ALL of it!

There are problems with the SF8008 because it is a new chipset in enigma2. Right now, all they are showing you is what they want you to see, which makes sense if you are on the sales end, but can be very frustrating if you are the consumer who pays the money for it.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Thanks ViP3R, Megatron817, eastof111, mengram thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the engineers are on vacation again. Same story we heard with the SF4008.

Quote Originally Posted by Octagon-Germany View Post
    we will check soon, may can fix next week, because engineers in national holiday now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Issue is being looked at, only problem engineers are on national holiday to fix the issue.
    Octagon does not seem to understand what customer support is. As an example, we asked for a rs232 recovery for the SX88. This should have been easy to do - especially since Denys uClan already had usb and rs232 recoveries. It took Octagon quite a bit of time, but they finally released a usb recovery for the SX88, and said that we did not need the rs232 recovery. We did not ask them what we needed. Instead, we told them what we wanted and they agreed to it. But then they never released what they agreed to, releasing something else instead.

I think the SF8008 will be better supported than the SF4008, but not by much. I do not think Octagon has learned anything about how to treat the customer. I will try the uClan Ustym if I get one these types of receivers.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello EB
    I wonder if the uClan Ustym would have the same issues like the Octagon, I contacted the company or someone that works for them and they claim they will ship to the states, they said this receiver is going to be available at the end of this month, I thing I will order one from them I need a GOOD xmas present.
    Regards
    Chewie

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are factories in China that can manufacture several thousand fta receivers in a short period of time. These receivers are made slightly different, and are given different names such as Octagon and Zgemma, but they are basically the same on the inside. These factories may also provide you with a "coder" or "engineer" for little or no money, depending on how many pieces you buy.

Overall, uClan seems to have better customer support than Octagon. The problems that are in the Octagon SF8008 will most likely also be in the uClan Ustym, but I suspect the Ustym will be better supported. We have already tried Octagon which turned out as a disappointment for most of us. The uClan Ustym has not been released yet, but we can expect them to work on the same problems Octagon SF8008 is having now, so if these problems are fixable, then they will probably be already fixed when the Ustym is released. In other words, the Ustym has about 1 month extra to make improvements before their version of the receiver is actually at retail.

There should also be some other new receivers on the market besides the SF8008 and the Ustym before 2018 is finished. Remember, whatever is seen or shown for blindscan in Europe is about the same as us blindscanning 97 West ku band: The results will always look good!
    I have yet to see a good blindscan test for the SF8008, and I expect there are blindscan problems that we have not seen yet. Some people in North America have already ordered the SF8008. and maybe they will post credible information about the receivers performance. I think the Ustym will be as good if not better than the SF8008. We will see...

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    someone at ricks received the Octagon SF8008 and they claim the blind scan works, but they can not install the internal hard drive, I thought you can only use a external Hard drive for this receiver.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    No internal hard drive.
    Blindscan works. But how well it works is unknown.
    The SF8008 is a new receiver using a chipset that is fairly new to enigma2. There will be problems and issues because of this. How well these problems and issues will be fixed or solved in the SF8008 remains to be seen. Octagon support to date has been poor. You cannot believe anything Octagon says.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see open pli is working on the Mutant HD60.
    Didn't find any for sale or price but found some specs.
    May be another alternative to Octagon sf8008.

HD60 4K DVB-S2X Quadcore 1.6Ghz with Transcoding H.265

ARM Cortex A53 (ARMv7)

Quadcore 15K DMIPS (4x 1.6Ghz)

DDR4-1GB

8GB eMMC Flash

Transcoding (H.264 or H.265)

4K@60 fps 10-bit Decoding

Picture in Picture ( 4K )

HDMI 2.0a

High Dynamic Range ( HDR/HDR10 )

AV Plug ( CVBS/ R-L Audio )

IR Extender ( InfraRed Remote Eye )

USB 3.0

USB 2.0

SD-cardreader ( Flash Extender)

10/100Mbit Ethernet

7segment 4digit Display

DVB-S2x tuner with fast Hardware Blindscan

Linux OS

Advanced Hiplayer for Kodi and Enigma2

QT Stalker, Ministra, HbbTV

Multiboot

USB boot (restore in every situation the box by USB) OpenGL ES 2.0/1.1 GPU Mali 450

11. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would be a great receiver to try IF it existed. The HD60 has been talked about since February of 2018.
    The specs are listed wrong too. Common to see that in FTA gear.

HD60 4K DVB-S2X Quadcore 1.6Ghz with Transcoding H.265

ARM Cortex A53 (ARMv7)

Quadcore 15K DMIPS (4x 1.6Ghz)

DDR4-1GB

8GB eMMC Flash
    ARM Cortex does not require eMMC Flash

13. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smoke & Mirrors again.
    So they opened up the blindscan plugin and set the low Symbol rate to zero and the high Symbol rate to 60,000? What is this supposed to do besides make Eye Candy?
    Last time I looked, Silabs FTA tuner only goes to 45, 000 max. Maybe....Just Maybe you might get the blindscan to look for transponders with a symbol rate below 500. But you would expect that the blindscan bin file would need to be modded for these changes, right?

Well....The blindscan binary has not changed since August. Lol

Funny things those Octagon dudes do. No wonder Rick likes them so well.

15. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
    Likes ViP3R liked this post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast