Thread: Edison mio 4K

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    See my edit in my post right above yours. I made some changes just before you posted.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does the spacing in MHz have to do with this issue?

Maybe try this first:
    In the Customize menu, Menu--->Setup--->System--->Customize,
    Set Ignore DVB-S namespace sub network to no. Default for this setting is yes.
    Then delete satellite 101w c band and satellite 101w c band bouquet (if one exists). Rescan for channels. Hopefully that will fix your issue.

4. Thanks MikeB thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post

Maybe try this first:
    Then delete satellite 101w c band and satellite 101w c band bouquet (if one exists). Rescan for channels. Hopefully that will fix your issue.
    Figured that the transponder frequencies are so close together, maybe the AFT setting in the receiver might search a bit before locking in, and get the wrong channel when they are so close together but all the rest of the channel info is the same.

I'll try your suggestion, and see what happens then let you know.
    My name is Mike.

6. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try looking at the namespace and sub network of the channels on 101w. It might make more sense after that. Dunno if it will fix it. We will see...

8. Thanks MikeB thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Is there a way to manually edit JUST the SID or Service Id of a particular channel through the remote control? Or what file in (/root/etc/enigma2)? or elsewhere has the file for the actual scanned-in channels info for frequency, side, etc? Can that be edited with Notepad ++ ?

I just haven't figured out the best way to use Dreamboxedit as of yet, and I'm a little scared to use it to simply change a SID for one channel on one sat. I don't want to possibly cause a cascade of odd issues.

Not sure if it'll fix it to change the SID, but I've noticed that when on another sat and moving/zapping to 101w to Movies! channel, it brings up the Start channel instead. They are only 4Mhz apart, and all their other info is pretty much the same. I tried changing the frequency so they were a bit further apart, and it made no difference.

If I'm already on 101w and Zap to Movies! that works perfectly every time.
    With 4 Mhz apart they should have a different namespace. Haven't seen this issue but if the ignore DVB-S namespace does not work then maybe using PID's might work for those services. Can't test that I don't have C band.

10. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not see how Namespace has anything to do with 4 MHz or any other MHz of separation.

The ignore namespace settings located in the Customize menu came about in part due to ATSC transponders having the same Transport Stream Identification or TSID. Low power ATSC stations are not required to transmit a TSID, and this tidbit was making a mess out of my ATSC channels because I can receive sever low power ATSC stations on different transponders or frequencies.

Looking at the namespace in the 101w c band channels, I see a lot of similarities in the 101w channels , and the low powered ATSC channels. Hopefully changing the DVB-S setting in Customize menu and rescanning will fix it. We will see...

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post

Maybe try this first:
    I did all the above, and rebooted, recreated the satellite, rebooted, blindscanned the channels, created a new 101w user bouquet and added the channels to it, and it still has the problem. IF you are on another sat and then Zap to Movies! on 101w, it'll instead tune in Start, but if you hit the OK button, it shows all the info for Movies! channel. If you then go into 101w user bouquet and select Start, then Movies!, it'll Zap to Movies (still showing the stats/info for Movies!

So something is confused here. However, I'm going off to bed for tonight. I do have a workaround that works:

1: IF it's already on sat 101w when a timer is set for recording something on Movies! it works perfectly every time. So I can do that manually if I' around.

or:

2: IF I know that due to another earlier timer it's going to stay on a different sat afterwards, I can set a short timer to just Zap to another channel (such as MeTV) on 101w FIRST, then a bit later since it's already on 101w, the timer for Zap & Record on Movies! channel will work perfectly.

It's messy, but it works until we can figure out why it gets confused between those two channels.
    My name is Mike.

13. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try uploading the enigma2 folder again. Providing of course, no facebook logins or other internet site logins using the receiver. Sounds like something is corrupted or not set right. Would like to try the timers and some of the other things you have in that folder.

15. Thanks MikeB thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, here's the latest Enigma2 folder:

Oh, and SPECIAL thanks to you, El Bandido for your patience and help with all the odd issues I seem to come up with!
    Last edited by MikeB; 04-20-2019 at 06:59 AM.
    My name is Mike.

17. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is easy to duplicate:
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Not sure if it'll fix it to change the SID, but I've noticed that when on another sat and moving/zapping to 101w to Movies! channel, it brings up the Start channel instead. They are only 4Mhz apart, and all their other info is pretty much the same. I tried changing the frequency so they were a bit further apart, and it made no difference.

If I'm already on 101w and Zap to Movies! that works perfectly every time.
    I am watching Movies, then change to a channel on 97W, then return to Movies and I get Start TV instead.

Currently there are two Start TV channels on different transponders. Eliminating the Start TV on 3965MHz does not keep this from happening in my system. The Start TV at 3708MHz takes the place of Movies(3961MHz). You can throw the problem of the 4 MHz spacing out the window, or so it would seem.

Now let's see if we can find some sort of a way to keep this from happening.

19. Thanks MikeB thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post