Thread: Edison mio 4K

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Changed the channel id's without any success.
    The best thing to do for now is make another satellite entry a few tenths of a degree away, and put the Movies channel entry in the new satellite.

2. Thanks MikeB thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Changed the channel id's without any success.
    The best thing to do for now is make another satellite entry a few tenths of a degree away, and put the Movies channel entry in the new satellite.
    Ok, thanks.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are steps to replicate this issue:
    (1) Delete ALL channels on satellite 101w c band.
    (2) Manually scan Start TV @ 3704V, 2734
    (3) Manually scan Movies @ 3961V, 2734
    (4) Verify both channels work
    (5) Switch to Movies channel @ 3961V, 2734
    (6) Select a channel on 97w c band and change to it.
    (7) Return to Movies channel 0n 101w c band, 3961V
    (8) Note that Start TV @ 3704V is now playing on Movies channel @ 3961V.
    (9) Change to Start TV @ 3704V and wait around 30 seconds.
    (10) Change to Movies @ 3961V. Note that Movies channel now displays Movies instead of Start TV.

After doing all of that, how can we say that the problem is because the transponders are 4 MHz apart?
    On another note, I can watch the horse race channels without issue on 95w c band using transponders that are 2 MHz apart.

Test video in link.
    MIO_101W_Movies_Start TV_20190319_1446.ts (211.2MB)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

5. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There appears to be a bug in Firefox Quantum 65.0.2 (64-bit) with using the Mio's Webif screen that I only nailed down a couple nights ago while working on the Movies!/Start channel issue. I brought this up here before, but wasn't catching on as to what was really going on. It doesn't always automatically refresh properly, and causes odd little 'ghosts' of channels and things that have been deleted or changed, but they don't refresh themselves without manually clearing the FF cache file on my pc.

IF I manually clear the FF cache for the IP address on my lan of the Mio after making channel changes and such, the "Timers" channel drop-down list screen in WebIF then reflects properly.

I also discovered that IF after doing a fresh channel scan, it automatically updates (or creates it if it doesn't exist) the "Last Scanned" channels bouquet Favorite folder that the Timers screen picks up in it's drop-down channel list screen and that's where it shows those channels in, instead of in the Favorites channel bouquet for the actual satellite that was scanned. My bouquets are named for the actual satellite position.

So, in other words, IF you do a new channel scan, channels first go into "Last Scanned" bouquet, then I can DELETE the "Last Scanned" bouquet, then those channels automagically appear into the bouquet for the actual satellite on my Timers list.

Now that I've got that all figured out, this process works flawlessly for me:

1: New channel scan
    2: Delete "Last Scanned" folder in Mio's Favorites bouquets
    3: Clear FF cache for WebIF IP address
    4: Bring up a fresh instance of the WebIF in a FF tab for Mio
    5: Timers channel list now reflects real-world, and I can set timers to my hearts desire.
    My name is Mike.

7. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817 thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent!
    Can you also try using a different web browser and see if the problem or bug is present in a different browser?

9. Likes MikeB liked this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I also have Google Chrome on my pc, to use for when I need to cast to a Chromecast device on my tv set. It just updated to the latest version:

'Version 73.0.3683.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)'

I will check it also a bit later, and see if I notice any issues with it, and let you know.

Oh, I also have the default IE 11 (11.0.9600.19266) but I never use it. I can also try that and see what happens.
    Last edited by MikeB; 03-19-2019 at 02:09 PM.
    My name is Mike.

11. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Yes, I also have Google Chrome on my pc, to use for when I need to cast to a Chromecast device on my tv set. It just updated to the latest version:

'Version 73.0.3683.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)'

I will check it also a bit later, and see if I notice any issues with it, and let you know.

Oh, I also have the default IE 11 (11.0.9600.19266) but I never use it. I can also try that and see what happens.
    Ok, the same problem exists in Google Chrome. However, it's not easy to clear the cache for a single "site" in Chrome, as it is in FF (in this case, the Mio's IP address). You have to clear the entire cache for "the last hour", even if you've only made a small change.

As for Internet Explorer 11, it does not work at ALL properly with the WebIF. You can bring it up, but the Bouquet Editor and such does not load channels from the satellites when you click on them. So, it's crippled in some way. Then again, I don't know anybody that's still using IE.

So, FireFox is by far the best solution, and my solution works fine.

Do all this below on FF when you do NOT have a live instance of the Mio's WebIF screen up and running in a tab. It's done much faster than it takes me to type it all out:

Tools - Options - click on "Privacy & Security" on the lefthand vertical menu, then scroll down to "Cookies and Site Data" and click on the button named: "Manage Data". In the "Search websites" searchbox type the IP address of your Mio's Webif, and it'll bring up the IP address. Click on that to highlight it, then click the "Remove Selected" button. Then click the "Save Changes" button, and then "Ok" on the popup window.

It'll wipe the cache just for that specific "site", which is what we want. Then next time you bring up the WebIF screen, everything should be correct. You'll need to do this anytime you've made a change from within the WebIF, such as using the Bouquet Editor to move around channels.

They will then reflect properly in the Timers channel drop down list.
    Last edited by MikeB; 03-19-2019 at 05:21 PM.
    My name is Mike.

13. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817 thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just checked the Movies! and Start channel swapping issue in the OpenVIX image (ver: 5.2.030) that El Bandido gave me back a week or so ago that I have flashed to slot 3. It still has the exact same issue as the NA SatDreamGr image.

By the way, this OpenVIX image has slight overscan on my screen and cuts off stuff, even when it's set properly to my sets 1080p 60Hz. I can't find any screen controls to adjust the screens in slightly (shrink them a tad). They are probably in there somewhere. Does anybody here know how I can bring that up?
    My name is Mike.

15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mike
    The screen controls are under skin setup>OSD position.
    Regards.

Chewie

16. Thanks MikeB, el bandido thanked for this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    Hello Mike
    The screen controls are under skin setup>OSD position.
    Regards.

Chewie
    Thanks Chewie! After you posted where they were, I have now used those controls to adjust out the overscan on the OpenVIX image. I appreciate your help.
    My name is Mike.