Thread: Edison mio 4K

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Make sure the mount is set to active, and also try setting as HDD replacement.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

A working and active mount will have a slight green illumination to it as seen here:

2. Thanks MikeB thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    They show up as mounted and active in Network Neighborhood, and I've even tried setting them as "HDD Replacement", but I still can't find a way to actually get to any of the files that are on the drives and play them.

As I said earlier, I can access them from other devices just fine, and they aren't password protected, so I'm not sure what's going on here.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Thanks! That has me closer.

Ok, I was able to scan the network, and mount the found 4 drives as NFS that are hanging off the WDTV Live. However, I can't seem to find a way to bring them up and actually see the media files on them. I see an option for "NET" has appeared in the PVR under "DIRECTORY", however after clicking on it, nothing appears. It just blinks. Going into Plugins and clicking on MEDIA SCANNER, doesn't bring up the network drives for scanning either.

I don't see anyway to get into them using the default Media Player either.

Do I need to install the KODI plugin or something, or am I still missing something?
    I got Kodi installed on open atv 6.3 but I don't have any media devices to test it. Just have to try it out and see what happens. Maybe it will work.

5. Thanks MikeB, Titanium thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll try installing Kodi tomorrow, and see what happens. It's not absolutely critical to get this working with the MIO, but it sure would be handy to do so.
    My name is Mike.

7. Thanks Titanium, el bandido thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OpenVix is a good OE Alliance image to use in North America.

There should be a Dreamexplorer plugin. You might try using it to see if the contents of what you are wanting to use can be viewed. I do not know enough about the WDTV Live device to give instructions on setting it up. A link to a .pdf owners manual for the WDTV Live might help.

9. Likes MikeB liked this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a link to the owners manual. I'm going to dig through it tomorrow, and see what I can see. I tried the Dreamexplorer plugin, and got nowhere so far. I'm thinking it might be some setting on the WDTV device, but it works as-is for my tv and Win7 Pro pc, so I figured it should work as default for the MIO. But I guess not. I can tell you that the shares on it are SMB/CIFS types, so I've even tried both CIFS and NFS on the Mio to no avail.

My name is Mike.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the MIO mount manager, try changing the file share from CIFS to NFS and reboot.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    In the MIO mount manager, try changing the file share from CIFS to NFS and reboot.
    Just tried that and it didn't work. It just can't see the network shares for some reason.

WAIT! I just found a hidden menu option on the WDTV for "Linux Share (NFS) Support" and it's turned OFF. I'm going to turn it on, and try again. Give me a few minutes...

P.S. Nope, changing that setting didn't work. I've rebooted the WDTV after changing that setting, I re-scanned and re-set up the mount points on the MIO (and it CAN scan and at least find the drives hanging off the WDTV so they can be set as mount points) both in turn as CIFS "use as harddrive" and then NFS with reboots in-between, and it just can't see any of the media ON the drives. There's no passwords set to access the WDTV device. One drive hanging off it is full of .ts files from my old MicroHD receiver, so at a minimum I'd think it should be able to see those, but it just can't so far.

I must be missing something, somewhere...

P.P.S. That's interesting, my WDTV can see the usb drive on the MIO! It can also play media files from it. So, why can't the MIO do the reverse?
    Last edited by MikeB; 02-18-2019 at 09:51 PM.
    My name is Mike.

13. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm giving up for now on figuring out why the Mio can't find the media in the drives hanging off my WDTV device. At least until I have everything else satellite-wise locked down and configured completely.

For some reason after all I did to try to get it to work with the WDTV today the clock on the Mio (that I have set to get time from an NTP service, and sync once per hour) was OFF proper time by over 4 hours, and I didn't catch it in time for it to do a recording starting at 13:00. Once I noticed it was off, I went into the clock settings and manually synced it to the NTP server. I'm not sure why it stopped working right in the first place, but I'm wondering if the bunch of reboots I did caused it somehow.

Should the "NTP Cold Start" setting in System Time be turned ON?
    Last edited by MikeB; 02-19-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    My name is Mike.

15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    For best results, I think System time should be set like this:

I sync every 5 minutes to use as a timer in debug. Other sync times will also work. 5 Minutes is just my preference.

16. Thanks MikeB, Titanium thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post