Thread: Edison mio 4K

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I never use webif much but a google search for webif and timers I saw some issues with browsers. Read it works best with Chrome or Firefox.
    The interface is part of the image not from the factory. It's a plugin.

2. Thanks MikeB thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hard Coded From the Factory really does not apply to this box. There are some things such as drivers that are provided by the manufacturer, but most everything else is Open Source.

A bit more on the webif is here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Thanks MikeB thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, thanks! That gives me hope it can be tweaked. I'm using it with FireFox Quantum 65.0.2 64bit on Windows 7 Pro.

It does work or function very well, but I set a lot of timers. It's extremely handy to do it through the Webif screen, rather than directly on the receiver itself. IF under the 'Add Timer' function, the 'Select an Option' (IE; Channel list dropdown) worked correctly, that is, I believe it should completely reflect the saved personal "user bouquet" lists, I wouldn't have a single other complaint about it. At least for now that is, lol.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

6. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems I remember seeing a Timer plugin somewhere. Will try to look and find it. I will try to have something tomorrow for the 97w bouquet issue.

8. Thanks MikeB, ViP3R thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try the OpenVix image that is attached. It will not hurt anything, plus it has your timers, channels, and antenna settings pre- loaded. It may ask you to restore something during install. Do Not restore anything. This will give you a different image to look at, and you can also see ho the OE Alliance webif works. I think the webif is the same, but you can check it. Put the new image on one of the empty slots that you have available.
    Last edited by ViP3R; 03-12-2019 at 02:40 PM.

10. Thanks MikeB thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Try the OpenVix image that is attached. It will not hurt anything, plus it has your timers, channels, and antenna settings pre- loaded. It may ask you to restore something during install. Do Not restore anything. This will give you a different image to look at, and you can also see ho the OE Alliance webif works. I think the webif is the same, but you can check it. Put the new image on one of the empty slots that you have available.
    Thanks!

I just loaded it in slot 3. Wow, it's certainly different (menu layouts) than SatDreamGR that's for sure! However, the Webif screen appears to be exactly the same, and the channels list in the Timers screen is the same. I'll play with it a bit more, and see how I like it. However, I'm already thinking I'll likely load SatDreamGR final into slot 1 by this afternoon, and stick with that.

I really like the NA RC version of SatDreamGR I've been running that you gave me a few weeks back, and I think the final will probably be all the better. It's far closer to "old-school" appliance receiver setup along with the GlamourAura skin, and I really like that!

P.S. IF any USA newbies to this MIO receiver read this, I HIGHLY recommend that you start with the NA SatDreamGr final image right off the bat. IMO, It's far easier to setup and get used to than the others I've tried if you've never had an Enigma2 receiver before. There's four multiboot slots anyway, so you have 4 chances to load what works best for you anyway without overwriting anything else.
    Last edited by MikeB; 03-12-2019 at 10:09 AM.
    My name is Mike.

12. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes norman881 liked this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really, the lack of a working epg is most of your problem.
    Record features in enigma2 are designed to be used through the epg guide. You simply scroll through the 7 day epg list and mark what you want to record. This explains why the timer plugins are primitive and do not offer many features as they are not really needed unless you have no epg!

I think once you understand how epg works in the timer.xml file, you may find it easier to simply edit the timer file instead of using the webif. We can probably alter the timer plugin and possibly the webif to make it a bit better, but editing the source directly may be easier in the long run.

we also need to look and see hat is being deleted in the Favourites bouquet during a blindscan. If the channel is found on a different transponder during the blindscan then the entry may be deleted from your stored bouquets??? We need to look and see exactly what is being deleted during a blindscan and why.

14. Thanks MikeB, ViP3R thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I didn't think about using EPG that much, as next to nothing in the US on FTA satellite has a working EPG, and I'm not using this with a usb ATSC tuner for local tv. So that's a very good point.

Not sure why the scanned satellite channels seem to have some sort of 'automatic link' to my saved user bouquet Favorites, but they do. Without that link that causes changes by itself, the present manual Timer setting screen in Webif is acceptable to me.
    Last edited by MikeB; 03-12-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    My name is Mike.

16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have The Magic-FHD skin selected on openvix. Looks alot like the Full-night skin on Openpli. 12 hour clock works with this skin and I have an xbox one Hauppauge ATSC same as 955Q, EPG works really good and loads fast for ATSC.

17. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a question. I've noticed that on a timer recording, the receiver comes on, then moves the c-band dish to another sat if need be, tunes in the channel and starts recording. That's all proper as it should be.

Afterwards however, say the receiver goes to normal standby right after finished recording, while still on the sat it recorded from. Later when I hit the red power button on the remote to turn it on to watch something, the MIO powers up all the way, and immediately automatically MOVES the dish back to the previous satellite and channel it was on BEFORE the recording.

How do I turn that OFF, or what setting do I change on the SatDreamGr image so it stays on the sat it recorded from when it's finished?

In other words, I don't want it to do this automatic 'return' function.
    My name is Mike.