Thread: Edison mio 4K

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hell didn't think of using backup suite plugin. That did the trick, as a test went back to openatv.
    Thanks

2. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had to make a new transparent picon default for the Glamour aura skin i'm using on the os mio4k.
    Has to be renamed picon_default if anyone wants to use it. It is screensaver as is.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Thanks mountaineer, el bandido thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    I have purchased a MIO from Titanium Satellite. The box has a great blindscan for me using SatDreamGr image.
    Good to see this receiver being sold in North America.
    Very good EB, I play with a few images today and I think the SatDreamGr image is the best so far, it has better colors than the ATV and PLI. I also noticed that the SatDreamGr image file has an extension at the end call_ multiboot and also one without it, I been trying to make the build in multiboot to work but on other images but no cigar. also noticed that the signal level is low the highest I can get is about 65%, are you seen higher signal levels ?

6. Thanks rayydio, mountaineer thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks to be worthy, so new forum created for Edision OS mio 4K.

click click b00m

8. Thanks Megatron817, el bandido, rayydio, MikeB thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Edision does a good job with the signal meters. The signal in percent (%) is designed so you will never get to 100%, or at least it is doubtful you will get it to 100%. The reason for this is simple: You can no longer peak the signal if it reaches 100%.
    A signal reading in DB is also available, which seems to be aligned or calibrated with the charts that tell us how much signal in DB (DB CNR) is needed to open a picture on a given transponder.

So I see the Edision signal levels in % and in db working correctly.

Many receiver makers have played games with the signal levels- especially the ones that have the Quality levels. Here are some examples:
    Receiver A sets the quality level to be 100% at 15 db(snr)
    Receiver B sets the quality level to be 100% at 10 db(snr)
    Many people will think receiver B is better because the quality level is higher than receiver A.

There is nothing more frustrating to me than trying to peak a dish and have the signal meter hit 100% and stop!
    For the Edision receivers, it is a good idea to pay attention to the db signal, and not worry too much about the percent. The signal level in % or db as seen in the infobar can be set by the user. Most images default to db, but a few use or default to % for the signal level in the infobar.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

We need a bit more information on multiboot, and there is a multiboot menu that can be seen when the receiver boots. You can see this menu by pressing the Menu Button on the remote when the receiver first starts and right when the word boot appears. You may have to press the Menu Button a few times for it to display, but it is there as seen below.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

10. Thanks Megatron817, chewie, rayydio thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about the IR extender sensor cable? Anyone use that and did it work? Mine does not. Have to point the remote at the receiver, can't hide the receiver behind the tv.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a note about usb tuners in the MIO:
    The MIO has a recent kernel of 4.19.4.
    Most usb tuners will not work with kernel 4.19.4 until patches or software upgrades are made for these products. Currently TBS 5925 and SUndtek ATSC does not work in the MIO. Updates will have to be made for these and some other usb devices before they will work with this kernel.
    The MIO has slots for 12 usb tuners. I expect we will get updates for these and other usb devices, or else it would be useless to have this many usb tuner slots.
    Hauppauge ATSC 850 and 955 work in the MIO. The Hauppauge 950 is also supported, but I do not have one of those to test.

13. Thanks Megatron817, rayydio thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Here is a note about usb tuners in the MIO:
    The MIO has a recent kernel of 4.19.4.
    Most usb tuners will not work with kernel 4.19.4 until patches or software upgrades are made for these products. Currently TBS 5925 and SUndtek ATSC does not work in the MIO. Updates will have to be made for these and some other usb devices before they will work with this kernel.
    The MIO has slots for 12 usb tuners. I expect we will get updates for these and other usb devices, or else it would be useless to have this many usb tuner slots.
    Hauppauge ATSC 850 and 955 work in the MIO. The Hauppauge 950 is also supported, but I do not have one of those to test.
    The Hauppauge 950Q works.

15. Thanks rayydio, el bandido, mountaineer, MikeB thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay.
    So Hauppauge 850,950,955 ATSC devices are confirmed to work in the MIO! This is good.
    A patch is needed for TBS 5925 which is not easy to do. Athoik says this will be done as time permits, which may be a month or two. I appreciate his work very much!
    It looks like Sundtek will have to update his ATSC usb device. I would expect this to be done because the receiver sees his device as DVB-T, which probably means his DVB-T devices are not working either.

17. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The radio channels on 105 c band play. I tested the one a SF8008 user was complaining about not working, plus a few more that do not work for me on other enigma2 receivers. So I find the Problematic Radio Channels on 105W C band to work! I also got some of the radio mux to work at 91 W ku, and find that some of them played. So I assume the whole mux would play if active.

It should be noted that there may be streaming and recording issues with these radio channels. This will need work.

Here is a link to a video test of the radio channels at 105W. Please excuse the audio pops as that is a defect either in my cabling or a defect in the recording device. There are no pops or hiccups in the audio when these channels are played using the MIO receiver.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

19. Thanks mountaineer, rayydio, Megatron817, chewie thanked for this post
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast