Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    The radio channels on 105 c band play. I tested the one a SF8008 user was complaining about not working, plus a few more that do not work for me on other enigma2 receivers. So I find the Problematic Radio Channels on 105W C band to work! I also got some of the radio mux to work at 91 W ku, and find that some of them played. So I assume the whole mux would play if active.

It should be noted that there may be streaming and recording issues with these radio channels. This will need work.

Here is a link to a video test of the radio channels at 105W. Please excuse the audio pops as that is a defect either in my cabling or a defect in the recording device. There are no pops or hiccups in the audio when these channels are played using the MIO receiver.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    OK EB glad to hear that you received the NPR MUX using the MIO and the satdreamgr image. For some reason I cannot get a lock on the NPR transponder on the MIO. I get a solid 60% lock with the VU+ but not a blip on the MIO - strange. Also using satdreamgr 6.2 on the mio.
    Last edited by rayydio; 12-30-2018 at 12:32 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That transponder at 91W Ku for the raido channels is very difficult to lock. The MIO does not like it for some reason. To get it working, I just tune the radio channel or the transponder frequency and wait for it to open. Sometimes this takes 5 minutes or more. Other times, it will open in a few seconds. Go figure...

Here is a link to a video test of the 91W ku channels. I only found 2 with audio during this test.

3. Thanks rayydio thanked for this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Found a screen where it says the tuner in the Mio4k is good for symbol rates 0-60. Looked at the vu+4k and it was only good for 1-45
    To see the screen be in tuner configuration and have tuner A highlighted then press epg button. What ever tuner is highlighted when epg is pressed it shows some information. Ran the the blindscan plugin with 0-60 and it did good on 67w,Found and scanned in the 49000 symbol rate transponders. Did not find them using 2-49. I keep pressing epg for exit, it is backward from the vu+ zero 4k. Got to get use to that.

5. Thanks el bandido, rayydio thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Edision does a good job with the signal meters. The signal in percent (%) is designed so you will never get to 100%, or at least it is doubtful you will get it to 100%. The reason for this is simple: You can no longer peak the signal if it reaches 100%.
    A signal reading in DB is also available, which seems to be aligned or calibrated with the charts that tell us how much signal in DB (DB CNR) is needed to open a picture on a given transponder.

So I see the Edision signal levels in % and in db working correctly.

Many receiver makers have played games with the signal levels- especially the ones that have the Quality levels. Here are some examples:
    Receiver A sets the quality level to be 100% at 15 db(snr)
    Receiver B sets the quality level to be 100% at 10 db(snr)
    Many people will think receiver B is better because the quality level is higher than receiver A.

There is nothing more frustrating to me than trying to peak a dish and have the signal meter hit 100% and stop!
    For the Edision receivers, it is a good idea to pay attention to the db signal, and not worry too much about the percent. The signal level in % or db as seen in the infobar can be set by the user. Most images default to db, but a few use or default to % for the signal level in the infobar.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

We need a bit more information on multiboot, and there is a multiboot menu that can be seen when the receiver boots. You can see this menu by pressing the Menu Button on the remote when the receiver first starts and right when the word boot appears. You may have to press the Menu Button a few times for it to display, but it is there as seen below.
    Here is this link regarding Multiboot:

7. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have my blindscan plugin set to 60 or 60,000 for the top symbol rate.
    I do not understand what the epg problem is or why you have to press epg to exit. Never heard of that.

DVBSnoop is also good for tuner information, plus it will show you the line frequency that is being used to send the signal from your lnb to the receiver. Here is an example:
    root@osmio4k:~# dvbsnoop -s feinfo
    dvbsnoop V1.4.55 -- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

---------------------------------------------------------
    FrontEnd Info...
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Device: /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0

Basic capabilities:
    Name: "Availink AVL6261"
    Frontend-type: QPSK (DVB-S)
    Frequency (min): 950.000 MHz
    Frequency (max): 2150.000 MHz
    Frequency stepsiz: 1.011 MHz
    Frequency tolerance: 5.000 MHz
    Symbol rate (min): 0.000000 MSym/s
    Symbol rate (max): 60.000000 MSym/s
    Symbol rate tolerance: 0 ppm
    Notifier delay: 0 ms
    Frontend capabilities:
    auto inversion
    FEC 1/2
    FEC 2/3
    FEC 3/4
    FEC 4/5
    FEC 5/6
    FEC 6/7
    FEC 7/8
    FEC 8/9
    FEC AUTO
    QPSK
    auto transmission mode
    auto guard interval
    auto hierarchy
    FE_CAN_2G_MODULATION
    FE_CAN_RECOVER

Current parameters:
    Frequency: 1750.000 MHz
    Inversion: OFF
    Symbol rate: 0.000000 MSym/s
    FEC: FEC 2/3

root@osmio4k:~#

9. Thanks Megatron817, rayydio thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The buttons are backwards for the remotes. I'm use to the Vu+ remote. I think i'm pressing exit, but on the mio remote i'm pressing epg. The menu button is on the opposite side also. Just have to get use to it.

11. Thanks el bandido, rayydio thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That transponder at 91W Ku for the raido channels is very difficult to lock. The MIO does not like it for some reason. To get it working, I just tune the radio channel or the transponder frequency and wait for it to open. Sometimes this takes 5 minutes or more. Other times, it will open in a few seconds. Go figure...

Here is a link to a video test of the 91W ku channels. I only found 2 with audio during this test.
    I found that changing the frequency from say 11912 to 11908 did the trick for me. It locks quickly every time and blindscan finds the transponder now. Service scan still won't find the channels and I still have to scan manually.

13. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817, ViP3R thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same results here. Someone has a lnb that is drifting or is off looks like. No wonder the MIO was having difficulties locking this transponder. Thanks for the solution!

15. Thanks rayydio thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rayydio View Post
    I found that changing the frequency from say 11912 to 11908 did the trick for me. It locks quickly every time and blindscan finds the transponder now. Service scan still won't find the channels and I still have to scan manually.
    11906 locks even better here 11908 is slow to come in. That's strange though the vuzero4k always found it at 11911. Same dish same lnb.

17. Thanks rayydio thanked for this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron817 View Post
    11906 locks even better here 11908 is slow to come in. That's strange though the vuzero4k always found it at 11911. Same dish same lnb.
    Yep I thought it was strange as well and my VU+Zero4K found it on freq too. So there is something with the mio and this transponder. All other transponders that I have scanned with the mio are on frequency.

19. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast