Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Enigma2 Blindscan Plugin Updated by Huevos
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Huevos started updating the blindscan plugin a few days ago. He was nice enough to take some input and give us some things we really need in the blindscan plugin for North America. I will review what has changed and what is updated or added in this thread.

Older receivers had trouble with blindscan and the drivers for the tuners that control blindscan were poorly written. Any receiver after about 2014 usually had improved drivers except for Vu+ and maybe a few others. The Vu+ Duo2 needs some filtering of the blindscan data or you will get garbage, such as transponders with the same frequency and polarization but with different symbol rates.

A filter has been in the blindscan for a long time. This filter looks at the transponders in satellites.xml and makes corrections to the transponders found in blindscan. North America does not have a good satellites.xml as compared to most of Europe for many reasons. So the blindscan transponder filter has never worked as good in North America as it does in Europe.

We also use a Standard lnb with a 10750 l.o. while most of Europe would use the Universal lnb. When the blindscan plugin was originally built, it only worked for one type of lnb which was universal. Huevos added the C band lnb to the blindscan, and now has correctly added the 10750 lnb, Huevos also added Ka lnbs and other features to the blindscan plugin.

Please remember when you use these features who made them possible, and Thank Huevos for them. Correctly installing the 10750 lnb and adding other features took a considerable amount of time, and a lot of it was done for North America.

2. Thanks Megatron817, rayydio, ViP3R, MikeB thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Disable sync with known transponders
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This feature will disable the blindscan filters and allow what the receiver actually finds to be scanned, including any errors. The OS Nino Pro seems to work fine with this filter disabled. The Vu+ Duo2 will return some garbage when this filter is disabled.
    (Default = OFF)

4. Thanks Megatron817, rayydio thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    User Defined LNB Settings
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Many different User Defined lnb settings may now be used. The math is automatic, and should work for most lnbs that have l.o.'s above 9750. Shown in the above screen grab is the universal lnb set for the 10600 l.o. This was done so I do not have a 4 step blindscan when only two steps is really needed.

10750 L.o. lnbs should also now use the User Defined setting instead of the old Circular setting.

Ka L.o.'s were also added to User Defined. I do not think we have any Ka satellites active at this time, but Europe does.

Error messages and other safeguards have been added in order to help keep the receiver working correctly.

Attached is a test plugin that works for the OpenVix (OE Alliance) Image. Feel free to test and report what you find. Be sure to ask questions on anything you are not sure about. For those that cannot install this plugin, a version of this plugin will be in OpenVix images soon.
    Attached Files Attached Files

6. Thanks Megatron817, ViP3R, rayydio thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey EB where are plugin stored?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Path to blindscan plugin is: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan

Backup the whole Image before installing anything like this. A Backup is not mandatory, but it is a good idea.

The OE Alliance blindscan plugin will not work in OpenPLi images. I am running this blindscan plugin in SatDreamGr which is part OpenPLi, but I had to make a few changes to get working.

9. Thanks rayydio, Megatron817 thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got the blind scan folder and box branding for the OEA core after adding the new plugin.py and reflashed Openpli 7.0rc, transfered files. Got it working on openpli. Thanks EB!

11. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 150mhz Off stop Freq. issue is fixed too. Fantastic Job Huevos! Thank you!

13. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Set "Disable sync with known transponders" to Yes. See if you scan more transponders like that. I do not think the Zero 4K needs that filter.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

15. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't see no difference on 91w picked up the same amount of channels. I'll keep testing. Thanks

17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Setting "Disable sync with known transponders" to yes caused it to scan a differnt frequency and I got duplicate channels. Say my known transponder was 11842 and the blind scan found 11843 you get the same channel on both frequencies so I think it is probably best to leave it set"no".

18. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast