1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron817 View Post
    Well it appears it is working much better for you and The edision OSpro
    Vu zero 4k did not find no where near what you found.
    Signal finder showed 12160H 30002 was there at 98% snr scanned in Att primary sat
    I am using a 1.2 meter dish with a C120 feed and Inverto lnb. And the Nino Pro does better than the Zero 4K in a blindscan most of the time.

So it may be a combination of things. Plus blindscan is sort of a crapshoot to begin with.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like the new blindscan plugin is working OK for everyone. All the files that were posted by me were only test files. It is a good idea to wait a few days, and then do an online update, which should update the blindscan plugin correctly. I say wait a few days, so all the little bugs can be worked out.

Huevos of OE Alliance and the folks at OpenPLi/SatDreamGr have worked together on the blindscan plugin which explains why there may be some loose ends in the code right now. Also Huevos has suggested that we do not use Circular any longer for the 10750 L.O. because someone else has been writing code for that setting (Russians?). Circular works right now, but there were some lines of code in the blindscan that did not make any sense. The Circular 10750 addition to the blindscan plugin was started on this forum a few years ago, but someone else has decided to use it.

Now is the time to find any issues with the Blindscan plugin because of all the recent changes, it is still being looked at. We may not find support for this plugin later, so we need to make sure it is as good as it can be now. Please look for and report any errors or issues. Thanks!

4. Thanks Megatron817, eastof111, rayydio thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will explain the two new settings in OpenPLi blindscan.

(1) Disable Sync with know transponders
    There is a definition in the blindscan plugin named Sync with known transponders or syncWithKnownTransponders. This definition allows the transponders found in blindscan to be compared with the transponders in the ssatellite list which is the satellites.xml file.This comparison assumes that what is in satellites.xml is correct, and if things like FEC in the transponders that were found in blindscan do not match what is in satellites. xml, then what was found in blindscan is changed to what is in satellites.xml. This works great when the satellites.xml file is updated, but it is not so great when the satellites.xml is full of errors like ours is.

So in a nutshell, when you disable sync with known transponders, you disable the ability for the receiver to compare the transponders in satellites.xml to what was found in blindscan. There are other filters that run when sync with known transponders is enabled, and these other filters do not run when sync with known transponders is disabled.

(2) Disable Remove duplicates
    There is a definition in the blindscan plugin that checks the transponders that are found and removes the ones it thinks are duplicates. When Disable Remove duplicates is set to yes, the blindscan plugin Does Not check for duplicate transponders.

Question: Do I need to use these two settings?
    I guess that answer depends on several things. I think Huevos wrote those filters, and they were definitely needed for the older receivers. My Duo2 will return some trash or incorrect transponders with those filters disabled, but my Os Nino Pro normally does not. The newer receivers I think have filters built into the drivers, so the filters in the blindscan plugin do not matter as much.

But remember, even the Os Nino Pro can return trash for transponders when the filters are disabled. The Nino Pro will do this when a small Ku dish is used that allows cross scanning from other nearby satellites. So it will be trial and error. On some occasions, you may get more transponders and channels with the filters disabled, but my guess is this will not be the normal thing for most antenna systems. Try it both ways and see what works best for your system: Blindscan with filters On, then turn around and blindscan with them Off. Then compare the outputs.

It is nice to have these features added. But whether they will actually help us or do nothing but cause confusion remains to be seen. At any rate, it is nice to have these folks trying to make the blindscan plugin work better! I appreciate their hard work!

6. Thanks Megatron817, rayydio, eastof111 thanked for this post
    Likes rayydio liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    I am using a 1.2 meter dish with a C120 feed and Inverto lnb. And the Nino Pro does better than the Zero 4K in a blindscan most of the time.

So it may be a combination of things. Plus blindscan is sort of a crapshoot to begin with.
    I am going to aim the slimline back at 91w and see what happens. I Know ever since I put up the old primestar I noticed not finding as many Horizontal as I use too. EB give me the model number for your feed and lnb, I have a channel master 1.2 meter but that is what I got to get to make it work and I want it to match the dish. Thank you

8. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The feed that came with the Channel Master originally will probably work best.
    Thread showing my 1.2 meter dish is Here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

10. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    91w ku is just a different beast for the VU+ zero 4k, maybe it's my location. All three smaller sat. dishes I use every satellite I point at I'm finding every channel I know of. It's not low signal that causes the issue and I don't believe it is the dish or lnb's. The low signal transponders are found on other satellites along with the vertical and horizontals. I'm not going to worry about it, very happy with the vu+ zero 4k and the blindscan plugin. I'v had trouble with 91w all along at first thought it was DiSEqC issues but I have ruled that out also.Thanks EB for sharing the updated plugin so I could test it.
    Last edited by Megatron817; 11-21-2018 at 09:18 PM.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is all about noise and signal interference. Look at what is around and on 91 West Ku. You will see there is some activity om adjacent satellites that could cause noise. Add that to the noise already on 91 and it can become a challenge for any blindscan receiver.
    Some receivers may do better at picking signals out of the noise than others, but the total antenna system noise that the fta receiver is connected to is also a factor. In general, Bigger dish = less noise from other satellites. A matched feed for the lnb means the dish is properly illuminated. Larger coaxes usually have a tad bit less noise. It all adds up, or subtracts from the noise floor.

You may also try blindscanning without any switches or anything at all installed between the receiver and lnb. Run a good cable straight from the back of the receiver to the lnb and test. Do several tests over a period of time so you will get a decent sampling.

13. Thanks Megatron817, rayydio thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EB, could the noise be causing not finding just the horizontal on 91w? I seem to find all vertical. I have a trick I use to find horizontal it is to blindscan using different symbol rates, 6-18 usually finds the horizontals in that range. I miss most horizontals in the higher symbol rate range. I sometimes find them using 18-30 but not always. Thanks

15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could be.
    Try changing the lnb if that is possible.

16. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are two screen grabs showing scan times for 89w Ku and 91w Ku. The scan of 91 took a lot less time to complete than the scan of 89. I would guess the noise on 89 is what makes the scan take longer.

To be serious about getting what is available on 91, you need at least a 1 meter dish that is designed for 1 lnb (measured on the short axis), a lnb that works well on the dish, a decent feed line from the receiver to the dish, and a decent switch (if any).

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

18. Thanks Megatron817, rayydio thanked for this post
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast