Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    New Mio Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Just thought I'd start a new thread concerning the learning curve of the EČOS as 13 pages on the only thread takes a little time to read and remember.
    Some different threads on tips and tricks for the remote would be useful.
    Some resources for home pages of images.
    Even some links to instructional techniques helpful to the use of EnigmaČ.
    Sticky's are great and should be used often.

I know I'll be asking a lot of questions when my receiver comes. Yes. Google is your friend and a lot of this info is readily available but, a one stop shop is much more informative than multiple searches.

Well, that's my rant of the day and hope everyone takes it with a grain of salt.

PS
    The method for getting the squared character to show is with the ASCII codes, press ALT and the numerical code from the ascii chart. ie ALT 253 for squared, degrees are either ALT 167 or 242.

Happy Testing!!!
    XČ HD Premium 36" 87 - 125 Ku
    10' Unimesh 741 lnbf 97 C

2. Thanks el bandido, MikeB, chewie, mountaineer, easily confused thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido, MikeB, Titanium liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catthepatch View Post
    Just thought I'd start a new thread concerning the learning curve of the EČOS as 13 pages on the only thread takes a little time to read and remember.

I know I'll be asking a lot of questions when my receiver comes. Yes. Google is your friend and a lot of this info is readily available but, a one stop shop is much more informative than multiple searches.

Well, that's my rant of the day and hope everyone takes it with a grain of salt.

PS
    The method for getting the squared character to show is with the ASCII codes, press ALT and the numerical code from the ascii chart. ie ALT 253 for squared, degrees are either ALT 167 or 242.

Happy Testing!!!
    No worries cattlepatch my fellow Albertan,

We have a great team working on a North American modded image that will help all new e2 users like you and me..work is in progress.
    We do have numerous members here to help you get set up.

I'm glad you decided to take the dive to E2. You won't regret it.

click click b00m

4. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB, Titanium liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catthepatch View Post

PS

Happy Testing!!!
    You sure won't be sorry you bought one of these!

Mine's been alive just since this past Saturday, and the help from this forum and especially El Bandido made a BIG difference to me getting it up and running. I've had plenty of older receivers over 34 years, but NEVER an Enigma2. Things are much more settled in my brain since that day, and it's already starting to get more "familiar" to me.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

6. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R, mountaineer thanked for this post
    Likes Titanium liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I'm presently running the SatDreamGR image in slot #2 that I was given by El Bandido, so I'm not sure if it's just an RC version, but it could be, so YMMV.

Anyway, I'm using the Mio with a Sadoun G-box positioner. I finally figured out that IF I want the G-box to power down and up automatically with the Mio when setting a timer (I DO), you MUST put the Mio in "Deep Standby" mode. That must be its true "OFF" mode. That of course is if a timer kicks off when you aren't actually using the receiver at the time.

If you just do a simple "power off" with the remotes red power button, it only goes into a low-power standby mode and shuts off the front led's, but the receiver is really live, and the external usb drive stays live also and doesn't sleep. That going in and out of standby mode does NOT automatically power the G-box on and off.

In other words, IF the Mio is in that remote control power button regular standby mode and you have set a timer, it won't also power up a shutdown G-box and move it to another sat when it comes out of standby for the timer kick-off, at least it won't for me. Maybe that function can be tweaked somewhere in the image to do so out of regular standby, but if so, I don't know as of yet.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This also has a Mon-Fri timer ability, unlike any ALI based receiver I've used! No more setting up multiple individual weekly timers for Mon-Fri only shows. Or using the ALI "daily" recording, which also records Saturday and Sunday when you don't need it to. That alone cuts way down on timer conflicts. Also the internet clock is absolutely dead on time, and doesn't drift as I have it set to re-sync once per hour. No more resyncing manually every two weeks or so for an older receiver that doesn't have internet ability.

So this receiver has been flawless up to now, in turning on both it and my G-box, moving to the proper sat, and tuning in and recording channels I want. If you aren't using it at the time though, it must be in "Deep Standby" mode to also power up/down the G-box and external hard drive when it comes on. Otherwise you MUST leave those devices turned ON all the time, and then the Mio can just be kept in NORMAL standby mode.

P.S. So, I'm watching a recording in "PVR" mode, but am sitting on sat 101W and I have a 'test' timer setup to go to 99W FETV at 1600 - 1700 to record Perry Mason. The G-box went to sleep (leds turned off on H-box) while I was watching the recording, and powered down. At 15 seconds before 1600~ the Mio powered up the G-box, moved the dish to 99w, tuned in FETV, and started recording Perry Mason. It did NOT throw me out of my recording I was watching at the time. It did it all in the background! The MicroHD always threw me out of a recording I was watching when a timer kicked off, which is quite annoying. In PVR mode, the 1,4,7 buttons jump BACK 15 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes. The 3,6,9 buttons jump FORWARD 15 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes. Those can be changed in Settings, Expert Mode.
    My name is Mike.

8. Thanks Megatron817, Titanium, el bandido, mountaineer thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    In other words, IF the Mio is in that remote control power button regular standby mode and you have set a timer, it won't also power up a shutdown G-box and move it to another sat when it comes out of standby for the timer kick-off, at least it won't for me.
    Do you have Startup to Standby set to yes?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

10. Thanks MikeB, mountaineer, Titanium thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Do you have Startup to Standby set to yes?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I just changed it to that, it was set to NO. Will that allow it to start up/shut down the G-box and USB harddrive when the Mio goes in or out of Standby now?
    My name is Mike.

12. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excuse the question Mike but why do you want your Vbox and Mio to go to sleep? Why not leave everything powered up and awake?

14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why leave it powered up at all times, if I'm not using it? It's true I had to do that with my older receiver just to keep the clock accurate, but I'm trying to figure out the capabilities of this receiver. I've never had an E2 receiver before this. If it's possible to auto power up and down the G-box and HD for recordings when I'm not using it, that's a bonus to me.

Just weighing my options. It's fine if it can't be done, but as I said above, it can be done for sure from Deep Standby (off).
    Last edited by MikeB; 02-13-2019 at 08:39 PM.
    My name is Mike.

15. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido, Titanium liked this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it's not like it's a real power sucker...to each their own -

17. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido, Titanium liked this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Changing the setting to Yes should allow the box to function in record as you are wanting. Let me know if it does not and we will try something else.

19. Thanks MikeB, mountaineer, Titanium thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast