Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Lost in MIO!!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Well, got the sucker unpacked and hooked up, didn't like the fact that I had to pay duty! Oh well, has the north american satdreamgr image, looks nice. Been playing around with the remote and have yet to figure out how to set up the lnb for cband and try out the blind scan. Got as far as trying a scan with Ku numbers for cband and having a reboot. May need a little direction from the folks here. Thanks!

Happy Testing!!!
    X² HD Premium 36" 87 - 125 Ku
    10' Unimesh 741 lnbf 97 C

2. Likes el bandido, Titanium liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It will be best if you describe your antenna setup. Furnish information such a switches, motor types, and lnb types.Also furnish any other setting you think is useful or needed, and we can help you set it up. Also need to know which image you are using.

4. Thanks Titanium thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got one! Was watching Bounce on 97°W thru the S9 and just came across the settings to blind scan somewhere in E2. Will take awhile to figure this out. Thanks for the patience.

6. Likes Titanium liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Using the loop out from my S9 straight to the Cband lnb, no switches, linear actuator, vbox 10. Have the webif running, have yet to figure steps to change into sub menus and such.

Image is Satdreamgr 6
    Build date 2019-01-21
    E2 Ver 2019-02-06 (develop)
    kernal 4.20.0
    GStreamer version 1.12.4
    Python ver 2.7.12

8. Thanks el bandido, Titanium thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Setup a c band lnb using the c band setting as shown in these screncaps.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Using the loop out will probably only give one polarity, which will be ythe same polarity as the Openbox has for the channel that is being viewed. Pretty much, enigma2 receiver sets up the same as any other fta receiver, but you have a few more selections, and names for the selections might be a bit different.

10. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Starting to get the hang of the MIO. Have Satdreamgr in slot 1, OpenATV on slot 2 w/bu and openPLI on slot3 w/bu. Have backed up satgr image a couple of times using the backupsuite, I can't remember if I installed the other images via usb or by flash image via internet, as the image files on the USB were still compressed in RAR? Some of the GUI's are quite different from each other as are the skins. The settings one makes in each image can sure change outcomes on the TV watching experience. Not going to play with either the skins or picons for now and want to get better knowledge using the various editors and how to telnet and/or FTP.

Would like to figure out why my channel names and edits for channels keep reversing back to original scans. Think it has something to do with satellites.xml.

Would like to find a few plugins like the virtual keyboard and get better information on the plugins that are out there.

Happy Testing!!!

12. Thanks ViP3R, el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You want to set "Disable background scanning" to "Yes". Default is NO.

In NA SatDreamGR image, it's located in:

Menu/Setup/System/Customize and it's turned OFF by default. I have now turned it ON, and hit the green button to SAVE. Now my channels don't suddenly rename themselves back to just transponder frequencies and such. That is, the few that were doing this now and again.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

14. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you are getting un lost CP..

click click b00m

16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Disabling background scanning will not allow information on the transponder to update. This can be good or bad, depending on what you are trying to do.

For those that are wanting to customize channel names, it is better to copy the satellite to a bouquet, then edit the channels or services in the bouquet as you see fit. Set a shortcut key on the remote to call the bouquets. IMO, it is better to do it this way than to disable background scanning, which can cause other issues.

17. Thanks MikeB, ViP3R thanked for this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Disabling background scanning will not allow information on the transponder to update. This can be good or bad, depending on what you are trying to do.

For those that are wanting to customize channel names, it is better to copy the satellite to a bouquet, then edit the channels or services in the bouquet as you see fit. Set a shortcut key on the remote to call the bouquets. IMO, it is better to do it this way than to disable background scanning, which can cause other issues.
    I saw a channel rename itself from the custom name I gave it in my saved Favorite list for satellite 97w. It did this while I was watching! This is one of those channels that normally scan in as just transponder frequency and such for a name. It was right after I had slightly tweaked to the West and resaved the position for that sat on my Gbox, but I didn't also do any sort of rescan. It somehow must have done it all by itself, and it updated the favorites name for just that channel. Real odd.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

19. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast