1. Collapse Details
    OS mio 4K & Kodi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I had a bit of time to test Kodi on the OS mio 4K using the VIX image. Kodi v18.1 "Leia" is the latest version that I use on my NVIDIA SHIELD . Vix are one step behind with krypton 17.6 .

Krypton is still solid to use use. I have used Kodi for years and on cheap Chinese Android boxes there were many problems. Once I got the NVIDIA SHIELD it was night and day. Maybe comparing the OS Mini to the NVIDIA SHIELD is a bit unfair? But it's not, because the OS Mini handled the Kodi plugin almost the same as the shield, speed is a little slower on the OS Mini, but not by much at all.

Setting up your movie library can be confusing with Kodi, but you get the hang of it pretty quick.
    On my shield I have a terabyte WD drive for my media. The OS mini would not recognize the drive and I wondered why. hooked it up to my Unbuntu to check it is in Fuse format so I understand why.
    I used a 32gig Lexar usb with a format of Ext4 and transferred some movies to test that, worked fine.

I didn't have a ton of time on this so it's fairly short. The point is that the Edision OS mio 4K and Kodi get along just fine, If I didn't have the shield it would be my all in one box.

I tried to grab some screenshots with OpenWebIf, but it does not seem to work while using the Kodi plugin, so my apologies for my cell pictures..

As long as your box is connected to the internet your movies or shows or music information will be downloaded from the movie database and IMDB if you set this up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

click click b00m

2. Thanks Megatron817, Titanium, MikeB, el bandido, eastof111 thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post