Threaded View

1. Collapse Details
    Stuck on Boot Image!
    Post Thanks / Like
    HELP!

I just setup a 955q ATSC dongle, and was looking for where the epg.dat file was located through my network connection to the MIO. Somehow, a folder called init.d ? I think it was got swiped and accidentally moved to /root/etc/enigma2

I don't think it belongs there though, but I'm not sure where it belongs. Anyway, I have now rebooted, and the Mio won't even boot past the EDISION screen! It's just stuck there.

What do I do now? I can't even access it via the network anymore, not even with PuTTY!

I even tried doing a force reload with the NA SDGr image on my usb thumbdrive, and it won't even load that. Holding down the RCU Menu button and booting up doesn't do anything either.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, I got it to do something. I stuck a thumbdrive in usb1 that has a full backup from some time ago. I held down the RCU Power button, and plugged in the Mio. It came up to a menu saying it "detected a new version, do you want to restore to the new version now"? "Press and hold the OK button in 10 seconds"

I did that, a scroll goes across the screen and the drive light flickers for a bit like it's trying something, but it just comes up and stays on the EDISION screen with boot on the lcd, and nothing else.

It does not show up on my router anymore like it used to.

So, it's not bricked, it just won't boot all the way, but I'm not sure how it can be recovered. There are 3 other valid images on it, but I'm not sure how to get to them, so one of them would boot instead.
    Last edited by MikeB; 04-20-2019 at 12:34 PM.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31