1. Collapse Details
    Stuck on Boot Image!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    HELP!

I just setup a 955q ATSC dongle, and was looking for where the epg.dat file was located through my network connection to the MIO. Somehow, a folder called init.d ? I think it was got swiped and accidentally moved to /root/etc/enigma2

I don't think it belongs there though, but I'm not sure where it belongs. Anyway, I have now rebooted, and the Mio won't even boot past the EDISION screen! It's just stuck there.

What do I do now? I can't even access it via the network anymore, not even with PuTTY!

I even tried doing a force reload with the NA SDGr image on my usb thumbdrive, and it won't even load that. Holding down the RCU Menu button and booting up doesn't do anything either.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, I got it to do something. I stuck a thumbdrive in usb1 that has a full backup from some time ago. I held down the RCU Power button, and plugged in the Mio. It came up to a menu saying it "detected a new version, do you want to restore to the new version now"? "Press and hold the OK button in 10 seconds"

I did that, a scroll goes across the screen and the drive light flickers for a bit like it's trying something, but it just comes up and stays on the EDISION screen with boot on the lcd, and nothing else.

It does not show up on my router anymore like it used to.

So, it's not bricked, it just won't boot all the way, but I'm not sure how it can be recovered. There are 3 other valid images on it, but I'm not sure how to get to them, so one of them would boot instead.
    Last edited by MikeB; 04-20-2019 at 12:34 PM.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just press the menu button over and over, don't hold it down after a power cycle and you will get the blue boot selection screen.

3. Thanks MikeB, rayydio thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB, rayydio liked this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron817 View Post
    Just press the menu button over and over, don't hold it down after a power cycle and you will get the blue boot selection screen.
    OMG, that worked! I was now able to boot to slot2, which is the "test" NASDGr image I got from EB a month or so ago, to test new drivers for the Movies! / Start channel swap issue.

Thank you so much! I guess my next step is to reflash slot 1 again? I'm a bit gun-shy right now though, lol

Or maybe now that it's back on the network, I can just somehow copy a version of the init.d folder from slot2's image, to slot1's image? How do I get to another images folders, when booted into a different image?

I do have PuTTY loaded on my pc, and could copy a folder over through that, if somebody can lead me through what steps I would take? I just don't know how to get to another slots image folders.
    Last edited by MikeB; 04-18-2019 at 11:57 AM.
    My name is Mike.

5. Thanks Megatron817, rayydio thanked for this post
    Likes rayydio liked this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think you can get to the other slots while booted in another. That's why it is good to backup the image regularly so a reflash will get it back going.
    The EPG .dat is stored in flash and is not written to the HDD until a restart if you have the Location of the EPG Cache file set save to the HDD.
    Openpli and Satdreamgr The HDD is seen as /media/usb. Openatv and other OE images The HDD is seen as /media/hdd.
    If you want EPG .dat saved to HDD on Satdreamgr change the location in the EPG settings. /media/usb/epg.dat
    When the option is Highlighted press TEXT on the remote to use the virtual keyboard.

7. Thanks MikeB, rayydio thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    El Bandido once mentioned in a thread that there is a way to copy files between images. However, he didn't say how, and I haven't as of yet figured out how to do that myself. Since this folder appears to be important to the boot process, I prefer not to guess and try to do it blindly.

So, I'm going to wait for a bit to see if he posts about it. Otherwise I'll have to just reflash over that slot as a last resort. I'm in no hurry for now.
    My name is Mike.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    About the only way to brick a MIO is to destroy the bootloader. That would be similar to destroying the BIOS in windows.
    nit.d Belongs in /etc
    FTP to the box and move nit.d from /etc/enigma2 to its correct location (/etc)
    REBOOT.

10. Thanks MikeB, rayydio thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    About the only way to brick a MIO is to destroy the bootloader. That would be similar to destroying the BIOS in windows.
    nit.d Belongs in /etc
    FTP to the box and move nit.d from /etc/enigma2 to its correct location (/etc)
    REBOOT.
    That's just it, I'm presently booted in slot2 thanks to Megatron's post above, and that has the test version of SatDreamGr that you gave me last month, and the "bad image" is in Slot1. How can I get to that slots file structure if it won't even boot by itself, or come up on the network so I could FTP to it? Is there anyway to do that beyond just reflashing over it?
    My name is Mike.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does not matter if it boots 100% or not. FTP should be available.
    Boot back to that slot and fix it. Give it a minute or two after it boots for ftp to work. FTP usually works, even when the word "boot" is displayed, but it may take a couple of minutes for ftp to become active.

13. Thanks rayydio thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    With the init.d folder in etc/enigma2, ftp will not work. Let me see if there is a different solution to fix this issue.

15. Likes MikeB liked this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    mount slot1 while booted in slot2
    With PuTTY type

mkdir /media/slot1
    mount /dev/mmcblk1p3 /media/slot1

Then use FTP and goto media folder and see if slot1 is there.

17. Thanks MikeB, el bandido, rayydio thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast