Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Thanks, I have it all recovered now!
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

2. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido, Megatron817 liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EB, gave me the info p3 is slot1. athoik gave the mount info. Just rewrote it so you could understand how.
    I learned someting new myself. Thanks!

4. Thanks ViP3R, MikeB, rayydio thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I learned a few things myself with this:

1: ALWAYS have another good image in another slot.
    2: Be VERY careful mucking around in the Mio's file structure through Network Neighborhood, especially if you have a touchy laptop trackpad.
    3: MENU button on the RCU can recover from an apparent corrupted image. Just press it multiple times while re-powering the Mio from the adapter.
    4: ALWAYS have a reasonably current image backup, and KEEP TRACK of which thumbdrive has the backup image you need!

#3 alone could have got me up and running in a few minutes, versus hours of trying everything else.
    My name is Mike.

6. Thanks ViP3R, el bandido, rayydio, Megatron817 thanked for this post
    Likes rayydio liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    My OS Mio 4K is stuck in boot. I have tried to reinstall the most current image from a hard shutdown and it still get stuck in boot mode.
    Used the advice above about repeatedly hitting the menu button to get to the slot selection blue screen. Doesn't matter which slot I choose it remains in boot "lockup".

Any advice to get me going would be appreciated.

8. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817 thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dkendrick59 View Post
    My OS Mio 4K is stuck in boot. I have tried to reinstall the most current image from a hard shutdown and it still get stuck in boot mode.
    Used the advice above about repeatedly hitting the menu button to get to the slot selection blue screen. Doesn't matter which slot I choose it remains in boot "lockup".

Any advice to get me going would be appreciated.
    ALL slots have this issue? Did you actually have other known-good (before this) images in any of the other slots? Can you post a photo of the exact "boot mode" screen you are seeing?
    My name is Mike.

10. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817 thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you get the usb image to flash or is the mio going straight to boot stuck?

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me explain further.....

I am using a Edision OS Mio 4k (Not the "+" model). This is one of the 4 Mios I have so I am reasonably accustomed to the workings therein.

When I plug the unit into 12VDC for a hard boot, it will recognize the usb dive with the TNAP files and go through the flash installation. After completion of the flash install, the Edison logo appears on the TV screen for an extended period of time. Eventually the TV display goes blank (black screen). The unit still shows boot in the STB display window but there is no other evidence of the boot completing.

I never get to the North Amercian Boot Screen. I cannot access any of the menus because the machine never comletes the boot process.

13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me explain further.....

I am using a Edision OS Mio 4k (Not the "+" model). This is one of the 4 Mios I have so I am reasonably accustomed to the workings therein.

When I plug the unit into 12VDC for a hard boot, it will recognize the usb dive with the TNAP files and go through the flash installation. After completion of the flash install, the Edison logo appears on the TV screen for an extended period of time. Eventually the TV display goes blank (black screen). The unit still shows boot in the STB display window but there is no other evidence of the boot completing.

I never get to the North Amercian Boot Screen. I cannot access any of the menus because the machine never comletes the boot process.
    What happens IF you try to access the receiver through the WebIF screen? Perhaps it's simply booting to a frequency your tv set can't handle. It so, you can change that from the WebIF screen, because in that case it's actually up and running.
    My name is Mike.

14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The image flashes fine. I get the progress screen for the flash install. Then goes to boot and stays there.

15. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The image flashes fine. I get the progress screen for the flash install. Then goes to boot and stays there.
    Try to access it through the WebIF screen. Seriously, you need to try things and post results, not just tell us "it doesn't work". IF you've already tried that in the WebIF, you haven't told us you have and what happened. Have you ever even used the WebIF screen? All you do is bring up a web browser, and type in the IP address of the MIO on your lan.
    My name is Mike.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast