1. Collapse Details
    How do I setup an automated EPG downloader for ATSC OTA guide info, instead of just limited PSIP?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Ok, I have a Hauppauge 955Q ATSC USB tuner for my Mio. It automatically downloads PSIP guide data by itself, which is only good for like 24 hours. To do that however, you MUST click on each channel every 24 hours, and sit on it a little while to get it to load new data. IMO, that's too much work.

I found this program: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] which you can download, and once you have an account at Zap2it.com for your local channels, running that program script will log into your account to that internet guide, download 7 days of guide data, and automatically create an 'xmltv.xml' file. I'll attach a copy of that file here if you want to look at it. Notepad++ works fine.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

How would I integrate this into the Mio's ATSC guide, so it could do this download and load this in place of the PSIP guide? Is it possible, or is there a better way to do it? Or at least enough hints to maybe figure it out?

I'm still running NA SatDreamGr image.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MikeB; 04-23-2019 at 05:42 PM.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This question would probably be best answered at the OpenPLi forum. Be sure to include the attachment if you decide to post at that site.

4. Thanks MikeB thanked for this post