1. Collapse Details
    Amiko A3 recovery
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Happy Victoria Day weekend.I got around to trying to recover my A3 receiver and I didn't see the receiver go through the recovery process.Now all I have is a blank tv screen and the receiver with boot on the box.Is there anyway to load from a computer to the receiver through the USB to the mini USB connection?Thanks for your help.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skink View Post
    Happy Victoria Day weekend.I got around to trying to recover my A3 receiver and I didn't see the receiver go through the recovery process.Now all I have is a blank tv screen and the receiver with boot on the box.Is there anyway to load from a computer to the receiver through the USB to the mini USB connection?Thanks for your help.
    IF you did a recover on it, it likely booted up to a video setting your tv set can't handle. If it's plugged into your router, try typing it's IP address into your browser, to get into the WebIF screen. If you can, you can reset to 1080p/60 or whatever you need.

Here's all the guides on the A3:

Code:
    http://www.freeskysatuk.tv/amiko-a3-helpguides.html
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

3. Thanks el bandido, skink thanked for this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried numerous times and one time the picture appeared with the icon showing the rotating arm winding down as it says it was wiping out the (nand?).then it stopped before the completion.I am not sure if the mini SDHC is faulty,but when I checked the files on it,the computer told me the files were corrupt.I am not able to reformat the card because it is saying the files are protected.I am going to get a new card and try again,if it doesn't work then I will drop kick the SOB to the curb.

5. Likes MikeB, el bandido liked this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried numerous times and one time the picture appeared with the icon showing the rotating arm winding down as it says it was wiping out the (nand?).then it stopped before the completion.I am not sure if the mini SDHC is faulty,but when I checked the files on it,the computer told me the files were corrupt.I am not able to reformat the card because it is saying the files are protected.I am going to get a new card and try again,if it doesn't work then I will drop kick the SOB to the curb.BTW the link you posted Mike doesn't seem to be current.Thanks for the help.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, IF you decide on buying a new receiver that's a MUCH better worthy receiver than the A3, check out the Edision OS MIO 4k receiver that Titanium sells at his store. It does all the things the A3 promised to do, and is a very good choice.

I own one myself, and though I had quite the learning curve with it at first (it's running Enigma2), it's a fantastic receiver, and does ALL the things I've been waiting and hoping for, for many years.
    My name is Mike.

8. Thanks skink thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have unfortunately purchased an Octagon SF4008 when they first came out.I have looked at the Edison and may pull the trigger.Thanks

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd sell the Octagon while it's still worth something, and get the Mio instead. Or, use the Octagon for now, and hold out a bit longer for the Mio+, which is said to be coming out soon, and it'll have TWO satellite tuners. Though I can't tell you if Titanium will also sell those over here.
    My name is Mike.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Mio+ is still in development and no samples are available until it moves into production. There has been no indication from Edision of a release timetable, but have been promised a sample when it is available.

I would be hesitant to refer a STB that we know nothing about other than it will be a dual tuner with one tuner slot swappable.

12. Thanks ViP3R, eastof111, rayydio thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post