1. Collapse Details
    New linux kernal and issues with Hauppauge 950q
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hello all,

Updated my current images (OpenPLi, OpenVix) to the newest images dated 7/22/19. After updating, the ATSC Hauppauge 950q no longer functions. I have heard this is a known issue, but wanted to also report it here.

I am presently trying to roll back to an older image to rectify the issue, but I'm getting an error when trying to download plugins. Something about "the kernel has changed and is no longer compatible, please upgrade."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In a cow pasture somewhere on the MO/KS state line
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ku: GeoSat Pro 1.2m & 90cm dishes, two 76cm Winegard dishes,
    Amiko Mini HD.265, Edision OS MIO 4K, 3 Roku sticks, Pioneer AVR,
    RCA ANT751R OTA antenna + CM-7777HD preamp, HDHR2-US, Dell HTPC

2. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817, eastof111 thanked for this post
    Likes rayydio liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anytime there is a kernel change, the ATSC drivers for Hauppauge and other plugins in general may not function or may not function correctly. Some drivers (ATSC and other), and plugins may require updates after a kernel upgrade. It is a good idea not to update the fta receiver unless you know why you are updating it. Some enigma2 images are experimental in nature, and issues may occur after updating. It is wise to make a complete image backup before updating any image.

There are different images, and you do not say which image you are trying to restore. The differences in kernels should not stop an image restore. Will be glad to help you get it going again if you can post a bit more about what you are trying to do, and maybe include a screenshot of any errors.

4. Thanks MikeB, rayydio, Titanium, eastof111 thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What started it all was when I upgraded to the latest version of OpenVIX (5.2.045). I periodically check the Software Update menu from within the GUI; if there are incremental updates I take them. This time, the receiver said a new image flash was required.

After flashing the update, the 950q no longer appeared in the tuner menu.

It appears that OpenPLi has released a patch for their image today; I installed their latest image and my tuner is now functioning again.

Guess I just have to wait for a VIX patch
    In a cow pasture somewhere on the MO/KS state line
    Ku: GeoSat Pro 1.2m & 90cm dishes, two 76cm Winegard dishes,
    Amiko Mini HD.265, Edision OS MIO 4K, 3 Roku sticks, Pioneer AVR,
    RCA ANT751R OTA antenna + CM-7777HD preamp, HDHR2-US, Dell HTPC

6. Thanks el bandido, eastof111 thanked for this post
    Likes rayydio liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OpenVix is based on OE Alliance, and operates a bit differently than OpenPLi based images. OpenVix looks after the user and suggests a flash where most Pli based images leave that decision up to the user. OpenVix does not release experimental updates to the public, so you usually will not have any problems at all updating from them.

Other OE Alliance images may have experimental updates such as OpenATV, which updates almost every night. OpenATV will have the latest updates, but they also may have the latest bugs or errors. Image Update Problems are rare, but they do happen more often in experiential type image updates as compared to images such as VIX that group or beta test before releasing.

If a full image backup is done before updating, then almost any image update error can be immediately corrected by reloading the full image backup.

8. Thanks rayydio, Titanium, eastof111, chewie thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    My 950q plugged into the osmio4k died yesterday even though I didn't do any recent firmware updates. It happened after uploading an edited scan list. The light was on but nobody was home. lsusb doesn't see it either. After unplugging it and re-inserting the light no longer comes on. It doesn't work on any of the 4 images that I have loaded. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the driver and still doesn't work. "It's dead, Jim". I guess if there's no fix for it then I'll have to go spend more money and get a 955 and hope that it's supported for more than a few months. It looks like Hauppauge no longer supports the 950 also. I tried to make it work on Ubuntu Bionic desktop but it won't work there either even after adding the PPA.
    Microwave techs are fully deviated.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please post the Telnet output from your receiver using the following commands.
    lsusb
    uname -r

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    root@osmio4k:~# lsusb
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0781:5575
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 2040:7200
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
    root@osmio4k:~# uname -r

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    2040:7200 = 950Q
    So the device is recognized.

Which image are using with a 4.20.0 kernel? That would be an old image.

13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is the telnet output of opkg list-installed?

14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The original TNAP is when I first noticed this but I lost terrestrial TV on OpenPLi, SatDreamGr 6, and OpenATV also.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast