Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    There were a lot of errors in the earlier tests on the blindscan that worked. There were a lot of transponders that were found that got rejected, but I think it was throwing out the duplicates the 10750 lnb was making. Will be glad to check it and maybe do some tweaks when you change the lnb to universal. Let me know how it works!

2. Thanks Babadem thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    For Octagon users:
    The Blindscan plugin has been updated with new menu options. A thread that tries to explain the new menu items, plus some suggested settings is in the link:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Thanks ViP3R, Babadem thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the blindscan problem with the 10750 lnb will continue into 2020.

This is ridiculous and shows a lack of concern for the SF8008 product by Rick Caylor. There needs to be someone actively working on issues like this or they will not be fixed. No one seems to be doing that. IF some receivers are scanning correctly, but others are not, then posting the antenna settings File by everyone involved might help pinpoint the problem, or at least show what does work and what does not! If everyone is using the exact same settings, the exact same receiver, and the exact same image, then the results ought to be the same.

Rick Caylor probably ships the enigma2 boxes with OpenATV image because that is what they had when he purchased them. Taking a receiver out of the box, flashing it, then returning it to the box for shipment takes time. Rick Caylor probably does not want to do this or has not taken the time to research enigma2 images and see what works best in North America.

The OpenATV image, and some other images have a poor Blindscan or Service scan right now. OpenATV is a great image, but it is lacking in the Blindscan and Service scan areas. Why a North American seller wants to ship a box with an ATV image that has a slow scan installed is beyond me. North America needs a decent scan, so shipping the SF8008 with SatDreamGr or OpenVix image would make more sense.

Posted below are screencaps showing the scan times using different images. The 10750 Blindscan can be fixed in the SF8008 for ALL users, but proper efforts need to be made for this to happen.

117w OpenATV Scan Test

117w SatDreamGr........................................ ..117w OpenVIX
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

101w OpenATV Scan Test

117w SatDreamGr........................................ ..117w OpenVIX
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

97w Ku OpenATV Scan Test

117w OpenVIX..........................................1 17w SatDreamGr

Scan reports for these tests are attached. You may use notepad++ or similar to view them, or change the extension from .xml to .txt and use a text editor or wordpad.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by el bandido; 02-01-2020 at 08:47 PM.

6. Thanks eastof111, Babadem, mountaineer thanked for this post
    Likes Babadem liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tested the "Circular LNB" Blindscan feature on the Octagon SF8008 Dual Turner, on OpenVIX Image, using files "plugin.py" and ServiceScan.py sent to me by El Bandido.

Note: (1) OPenVIX doesn't not have lib64, but a "lib" folder.

(2) The file "plugin.py" was copied to "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan" and I didn't change the already existing file plugin.pyo. Meaning I didn't overwrite it.

(3) The file "ServiceSan.py" was copied to "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components" and I didn't change the already existing file ServiceSan.pyo. Meaning I didn't overwrite it.

After adding "plugin.py" and "ServiceSan.py", I rebooted and scanned using the "Circular LNB" KU settings and it worked.

I noticed an extra option in Blindscan that says "Enter 4 Digit NWS Code for Scan Report = KATL". I understand that's for Weather related Scans.

Tested settings for KU Circular LNB, Universal LNB and CBand, so far so good. I particularly like the break down of TV and Radio channels found after BlindScaning. I also appears this version of Blindscan finds more transponders that he stock.

Instructions from El Bandido:
    Load these two files in a VIX and test blindscan using the Circular setting.

Download VIX.zip (24 KB)

plugin.py = /usr/lib64/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan
    ServiceScan.py = /usr/lib64/enigma2/python/Components

Reboot box after installing these two files and then test blindscan.
    Needed Files: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

See some Screenshots Below:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AZBox Me, Edision OS Mio 4K, Octagon SF8008, and TBS 6903-X. DG-380 Motor on 1.2M Geosat Pro. 3ABN Dish @30.0°W. 2nd 1.2M looking @103.0°W KU-Band. 12FT Paraclipse Dish looking from 37.5°W to 111.1°W.

8. Thanks el bandido, mountaineer thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you post a screenshot of the about pafe for the same image?
    Why does it show results for 30w C band when it looks like you scanned 30w Ku band???

10. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
    Likes Babadem liked this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Can you post a screenshot of the about pafe for the same image?
    Why does it show results for 30w C band when it looks like you scanned 30w Ku band???
    I see what you're saying now. I'm confident of my settings, but don't know why it labels 30.0W as C-Band Satellite. See Blindscan progression screenshots.
    AZBox Me, Edision OS Mio 4K, Octagon SF8008, and TBS 6903-X. DG-380 Motor on 1.2M Geosat Pro. 3ABN Dish @30.0°W. 2nd 1.2M looking @103.0°W KU-Band. 12FT Paraclipse Dish looking from 37.5°W to 111.1°W.

12. Thanks el bandido, mountaineer thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What results do you get using these settings?
    LOf/L=10750
    LOF/H=10750
    Threshold=10750
    22KHz Tone=OFF

Does the C band id go away when you use these settings, and do these settings work now?
    Does the box scan correctly on Tuner A?

14. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    What results do you get using these settings?
    LOf/L=10750
    LOF/H=10750
    Threshold=10750
    22KHz Tone=OFF

Does the C band id go away when you use these settings, and do these settings work now?
    Does the box scan correctly on Tuner A?
    Using the above parameters, it didn't find anything. I'm yet to test Tuner A.

16. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Using the exact same Vix plugin, these settings work for the MIO4K:
    LOf/L=10750
    LOF/H=10750
    Threshold=10750
    22KHz Tone=OFF

30w showing up in the scan as a c band satellite is due to the satellites.xml file. 30w is not defined as a ku satellite in that file, so the default when nno band is assigned seems to be C band.

Pli blindscan plugin is built a bit different than the Vix or OE alliance plugin. I will change the code in the PLi plugin to equal the SF8008 code in the Vix plugin. Perhaps making that change will allow the SatDreamGr image to blindscan in the SF8008 as it is based on PLi.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

18. Thanks Babadem, mountaineer thanked for this post
  19. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made some changes to the SatDreamGr plugin, based on the working Vix plugin.
    Please try the attached plugin in SatDreamGr image using the Circular antenna setting, which should be the same one used in Vix.

Note: Attached plugin file will not work in Vix image!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

20. Thanks Babadem, mountaineer thanked for this post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast