Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    What happens when you use the other tuner for blindscan? Try setting a satellite up on it and blindscan it.
    Same failure rate as Tuner 1. This applies to CBand and KU Band. Please, see attached Debug file and some screenshots.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    AZBox Me, Edision OS Mio 4K, Octagon SF8008, and TBS 6903-X. DG-380 Motor on 1.2M Geosat Pro. 3ABN Dish @30.0°W. 2nd 1.2M looking @103.0°W KU-Band. 12FT Paraclipse Dish looking from 37.5°W to 111.1°W.

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem here looks to be in the drivers, which Octagon will need to fix. Good Luck With That!

We can try moving the drivers from the old image to the new image as a test, but doing this could lock the image, and you would need to reflash it.

4. Thanks Babadem thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem here looks to be in the drivers, which Octagon will need to fix. Good Luck With That!

We can try moving the drivers from the old image to the new image as a test, but doing this could lock the image, and you would need to reflash it.
    It's worth a try. Thanks!
    AZBox Me, Edision OS Mio 4K, Octagon SF8008, and TBS 6903-X. DG-380 Motor on 1.2M Geosat Pro. 3ABN Dish @30.0°W. 2nd 1.2M looking @103.0°W KU-Band. 12FT Paraclipse Dish looking from 37.5°W to 111.1°W.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try moving the Octagon-blindscan executable located in usr/bin from the old image to the new image. Verify the file permissions are 766 after moving this file. Reboot box and test.

Second would be to take ALL the drivers from the extra folder in the old image located /lib/modules/4.4.35/extra. Move all of those files to the new image and Reboot the box. Restarting enigma2 Will Not work with either one of these transfers. Either reboot or remove power after transferring these types of files.

7. Thanks Babadem thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will try those suggestions and report my findings. Did you say permissions of 766 and not 755?
    Last edited by Babadem; 09-24-2019 at 01:55 PM. Reason: modified response

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    766. Octagon-blindscan is an executable. That should be the only file needing permissions checked or changed.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

10. Likes Babadem liked this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try moving the Octagon-blindscan executable located in usr/bin from the old image to the new image. Verify the file permissions are 766 after moving this file. Reboot box and test.

Second would be to take ALL the drivers from the extra folder in the old image located /lib/modules/4.4.35/extra. Move all of those files to the new image and Reboot the box. Restarting enigma2 Will Not work with either one of these transfers. Either reboot or remove power after transferring these types of files.
    None of the options worked. The first option did a quick scan and failed to find transponders. A combination of options 1 & 2 froze the receiver. I did a reinstall to regain access to the receiver.

12. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Working Vs. None Working BS Files
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have attached files from the working blind scan Image and Non Working latest Image for your review.
    Attached Files Attached Files

14. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does C band blindscan????

I checked your attachments. More or less, what you need fixed is Closed Source, and will require the manufacturer to fix.

Here is what makes blindscan run in the blindscan plugin for your receiver:
    if getBoxType() == 'sf8008':
    self.frontend and self.frontend.closeFrontend()
    cmd = 'octagon-blindscan %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d'
    That code is found and is correct in the other blindscan plugin versions you have posted, and that I have downloaded. So you are left with a issue in the 'octagon-blindscan executable, or the driver(s).

Here is a thread about updates for the SF8008 drivers:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Driver updates are a good thing when they solve problems, but that is entirely too many updates. It shows a lack of coding skill or hardware problem. Rick Caylor stopped having updates posted at his site for unknown reasons, but that many updates in a few months time just does not look good for the team doing them. You are welcome to post in that driver thread for the SF8008, or post at the Octagon website. Good Luck with getting it fixed!

I would also suggest getting an universal type lnb if that is possible because doing that may help you more than anything else with SF8008 in the short run.

16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does C band blindscan????

I checked your attachments. More or less, what you need fixed is Closed Source, and will require the manufacturer to fix.

Here is what makes blindscan run in the blindscan plugin for your receiver:

That code is found and is correct in the other blindscan plugin versions you have posted, and that I have downloaded. So you are left with a issue in the 'octagon-blindscan executable, or the driver(s).

Here is a thread about updates for the SF8008 drivers:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Driver updates are a good thing when they solve problems, but that is entirely too many updates. It shows a lack of coding skill or hardware problem. Rick Caylor stopped having updates posted at his site for unknown reasons, but that many updates in a few months time just does not look good for the team doing them. You are welcome to post in that driver thread for the SF8008, or post at the Octagon website. Good Luck with getting it fixed!

I would also suggest getting an universal type lnb if that is possible because doing that may help you more than anything else with SF8008 in the short run.
    That's the route, I'm headed. Thanks for your help.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast