1. Collapse Details
    need replacement antennas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I'd like to replace my 12 footers since I can't find anyone to cut mesh at a reasonable price. But it seems like TEK2000 is the only dealer with affordable satellite antenna prices but I've read about how difficult it is to assemble and align the antennas. Meanwhile, my hail damaged dishes still pull in enough signals that are worth watching until I find a suitable solution. Windy and/or snowy conditions are a bigger issue now. Too bad the services aren't moved from C-band to Ku since Ku dishes are smaller, cheaper, and one-man installation.
    Microwave techs are fully deviated.

2. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like "used" or "previously owned" commercial dishes, but have been told they are hard to find in some places. You will just have to look and see what is available in your area. Or buy new from DH Satellite, Alibaba, Ebay, or Tek2000.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well the main channels on "C" band would be OK if they were moved to "Ku" band, if it were not for the excessive rain/snow fade problems with the higher frequency's, the lower frequency 3 to 4 GHz band has less problems with the rain.

NBC has found this out when they moved their East/West feeds to SES 3 "Ku" band, some areas had to go to much bigger dish's then planned.

Are the damaged dish's aluminum mesh or steel?

If the damage is just dents in the mesh, a form could be made and using a rubber faced hammer, the dents can be pounded out, this would be a two man operation.

If big holes in the mesh then it's a new section, but I have successfully stitched up some rips in a mesh dish, and also stitched in a patch or two and it went well, the saftey tie wire used for aircraft nuts is 30 to 40 gauge stainless steel, this works well for stitching both aluminum and steel mesh.

5. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Paraclipse is steel but the KTI is aluminum. They both have rips in multiple panels. I'm surprised that I'm getting as good a signals as I'm getting. I have insurance but the adjuster didn't seem to be willing to include funding for replacement. I don't want to buy used but new 12 footers are pricey. TEK2000 seems to be the cheapest. I looked at having mesh cut but the cost is more than what a new TEK2000 would cost.
    Microwave techs are fully deviated.