Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Wouldn't it be easiest to load/replace the image I have with the newest version of TNAP-2?

Things I have changed on my own since getting started:
    1st - I used dreamboxedit and loaded my list (I use with all my enigma2 receivers) onto the mio...
    I noticed a corruption @ 91.0w, where it somehow reversed the C & ku, by placing each's channels onto the other
    confusing me a little bit, but I got them working
    2nd - I loaded Open PLI on slot 2
    It works well....
    Edit: but the open pli doesn't let me access the other receivers through the network either?

Al
    Last edited by voomvoom; 12-13-2019 at 11:35 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. You may reload the image with the latest TNAP-2, and dvbsnoop should work. You may also install dvbsnoop on the PLi image in slot2
    The enigma2 folder that is located in /etc of the receiver contains your information for antenna setup and channels. You may get the enigma2 folder from your receiver, install the newer image, then delete the existing enigma2 folder in the newer image and replace it with yours. Doing it this way requires no setup on your part, except for deleting the original enigm2 folder, and installing yours. But before you can delete and install the folder, enigma2 operating system must be stopped in the receiver. You do this by telenet, using the command init 4. Transfer the folder, then restart the enigma2 system in the receiver using telnet command init 3.

It takes 3 files to successfully transfer channels. They are: lamedb, lamedb5, and the original satellites.xml file that was used to create the channel list. I suspect the TNAP satellites.xml was slightly different, and this is why you had problems with the channel list transfer. I prefer manually transferring files as opposed to using Dreambox Control Center or a Channel Editor because I like to see and control what is being transferred instead of having some program transfer the files for me.

You should be able to access the other receivers through the network, but you may have to set the proper share permissions for the folder(s) in the receiver(s) or computer(s) that you want to share. Doing a Network Search should provide a list of what is connected to the network as shown below.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where can I find the latest version of TNAP-2?
    The one I see listed in Firmware folder has TNAP-2 multiboot.zip
    Wouldn't I want to put a full.zip, if there is one? Onto slot1.

Thanks again!
    Al

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are two types of images for the mio receivers. They are emmc and multiboot.
    The emmc type image can only be loaded from usb and automatically installs into multiboot slot 1.
    The multiboot image can be loaded using the receiver's men, and can be installed into any multiboot slot (1-4).
    The multiboot image for TNAP-2 can be found in the link in post#1 of this thread.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, so I will put the multiboot image for TNAP-2 on my slot 1.

And, to clarify my thinking, I assume it's not good to put an emmc image onto sots 2-4?
    I have looked around for images for the mio and have found only 2 specific to multiboot (TNAP-2 & Open PLI)
    Others I've found for the mio have been emmc or usb....
    I also have an sf4008 & sf8008, for these there are images found specific for backup, which I have used on the multiboot...
    That being said, I'm sure I have put regular images on the Octagon multiboots? Which at times has worked and other times crashed.
    So, I guess the/my question is:
    Is it OK to put a regular emmc image on multiboot slots 2-4?

Thanks,
    Al

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Multiboot for the Octagon receivers will probably be different than the mio receivers. So do not confuse the multiboot methods between the different models and brands. Multiboot Does work the same for the mio/mio+ receivers, To avoid confusion, we should only discuss multiboot for the mio+ in this particular thread.

The emmc image cannot be installed in any slot for the mio+ receiver except slot 1. The emmc image contains the information for all 4 slots so it can only be installed by usb into slot 1.

OpenVix, OpenAtv, and others are OE Alliance images. These image types will have the emmc and multiboot files in the same folder. This explains why these images are much larger. The emmc file may be included with an image that is to be installed in multiboot, provided the images for multiboot are also included. So OE Alliance images may be loaded as emmc or as multiboot. I usually delete the emmc image from the OE alliance before sending them to the downloaded_images folder that is required for PLi based multiboot installs.

7. Thanks voomvoom thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the files that are included with an OpenVix image download:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The emmc.img file is for usb loading into slot1.
    The image version file contains information about this particular image.
    The kernel.bin file is used by the emmc image and the multiboot image, so it is common to both.
    The noforce file gives you the option to load the emmc image or not. Change this file name to force, and the emmc image will automatically load when the usb is inserted into the receiver is Rebooted or the receiver's power is removed, then re-applied.
    The rootfs.tar.bz2 is for multiboot, and is not needed for emmc installation.
    The splash.bin file will remove the Edision logo that you see at first boot, and replace it with a logo for OpenVix that will be seen at boot by every image in the multiboot slots. This splash.bin file can cause confusion to some users and may be deleted if desired.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like your import may have messed up some of the antenna settings? We can probably straighten them out, but if they work for you like that, then maybe we should not mess with them. Would need to know how your satellite antennas are set up and the switching details to straighten it out.

TNAP images have a satellites.xml file in the /etc/enigma2 folder. The enigma2 folder you sent does not have a satellites.xml file in it. There is also a sf4008 file in your enigma2 folder which should not be in there for use with the mio+

If all you want is dvbsnoop to work, then I can install your files in an updated image and upload it. Or you may do the same thing.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    It looks like your import may have messed up some of the antenna settings? We can probably straighten them out, but if they work for you like that, then maybe we should not mess with them. Would need to know how your satellite antennas are set up and the switching details to straighten it out.
    I'm happy with my sat list, it's working OK for me. As far as setup, I use dual lnb's with multi-switches and 1x8 diseqc switches, but I'm OK with how it's working for me.

Thanks,
    Al

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    TNAP images have a satellites.xml file in the /etc/enigma2 folder. The enigma2 folder you sent does not have a satellites.xml file in it. There is also a sf4008 file in your enigma2 folder which should not be in there for use with the mio+
    As I mentioned in post #10 above, I had a problem getting the enigma2 file to upload to the forum, Thinking it might be a file size problem, I removed the timers.xml file 1st and it still would not upload, then I removed the satellite.xml file and tried again, then it loaded. Don't know that the file size was the problem, but it loaded on the 3rd attempt? The 2 files I removed are in the enigma2 file. When I renoved them, I saved them in a new folder. I've thried several times to upload that zipped file to this thread and it's not happening? No need to put them in a new built enigma2 folder, cause they are in the one on the mio. So....

Thanks,
    Al

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast