1. Collapse Details
    Edision osmio 4k wifi issue
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The osmio 4k has dual band wifi (2.4/5 GHz radios) but of the 4 images that I have installed, only one (OpenATV) will list 5 GHz access points. There is a workaround for the other 3.

1. telnet and login to the box
    2. if you know the ssid of your 5 GHz AP and encryption passphrase, edit /etc/wpa_supplicant.<interface>.conf
    #WPA Supplicant Configuration by enigma2
    ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
    eapol_version=1
    fast_reauth=1
    ap_scan=1
    network={
    ssid="whatever_it_is"
    scan_ssid=1
    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    proto=RSN
    pairwise=CCMP
    group=CCMP
    psk="whatever_it_is"
    }

Of course, the above file was already created on my box with a 2.4 GHz access point - I don't know if it already exists on a new install. If not already present you should be able to create the file using a text editor and then copy and paste and edit it to use your ssid and psk key (aka encryption passphrase).

3. Reboot and you'll be connected to your 5 GHz AP - worked for me on all three images.

Anyway, the firmware should be updated to scan and list the 5 GHz AP's. The firmware should be fixed to provide proper information on the wifi networks that are detected instead of listing an encrypted network as open (i.e. Encryption: No) and with a valid signal level instead of -256 dbm, also. And the statistics don't give a bitrate either.
    Microwave techs are fully deviated.

2. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R, Megatron817 thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido, MikeB, Babadem liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eelstrebor View Post
    The osmio 4k has dual band wifi (2.4/5 GHz radios) but of the 4 images that I have installed, only one (OpenATV) will list 5 GHz access points. There is a workaround for the other 3.

1. telnet and login to the box
    2. if you know the ssid of your 5 GHz AP and encryption passphrase, edit /etc/wpa_supplicant.<interface>.conf
    #WPA Supplicant Configuration by enigma2
    ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
    eapol_version=1
    fast_reauth=1
    ap_scan=1
    network={
    ssid="whatever_it_is"
    scan_ssid=1
    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    proto=RSN
    pairwise=CCMP
    group=CCMP
    psk="whatever_it_is"
    }

Of course, the above file was already created on my box with a 2.4 GHz access point - I don't know if it already exists on a new install. If not already present you should be able to create the file using a text editor and then copy and paste and edit it to use your ssid and psk key (aka encryption passphrase).

3. Reboot and you'll be connected to your 5 GHz AP - worked for me on all three images.

Anyway, the firmware should be updated to scan and list the 5 GHz AP's. The firmware should be fixed to provide proper information on the wifi networks that are detected instead of listing an encrypted network as open (i.e. Encryption: No) and with a valid signal level instead of -256 dbm, also. And the statistics don't give a bitrate either.
    My ARRIS private network Router has 5g wifi and every image I have installed shows the 5g wifi never had to do any of that. Thanks for the info, someone may need it.

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post