Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Excellent!
    I guess you understand telnet, and you can see the system files for the receiver on your computer when it is connected and working correctly?

2. Thanks Titanium thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Excellent!
    I guess you understand telnet, and you can see the system files for the receiver on your computer when it is connected and working correctly?
    Yes I can. I have been seeing conflicting readings that tell me that I should not be connected while I am connected. I am glad that I have TNAP-1 working fine. I look forward to trying your new image too

4. Thanks ViP3R, Titanium thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try changing the wireless files. Put the old TNAP into the new TNAP and see if that fixes the problem.
    Here is how to do that:
    The WirelessLan folder is located at: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins in the receiver's files.
    Boot into the old TNAP and swap them. If you boot into the new TNAP, you may not have an internet connection between the computer and receiver.
    To complete the swap, the new TNAP system needs to be mounted.
    Telnet to the receiver, then mount the slot the new TNAP is in. Use One of these commands to do that, depending on the slot number.
    mkdir /media/slot4 && mount /dev/mmcblk1p9 /media/slot4
    mkdir /media/slot3 && mount /dev/mmcblk1p7 /media/slot3
    mkdir /media/slot2 && mount /dev/mmcblk1p5 /media/slot2
    mkdir /media/slot1 && mount /dev/mmcblk1p3 /media/slot1

The new TNAP system files will be mounted in /media/slot[1-4] of the receiver's files
    Now you may transfer the old WirelessLan folder to the new TNAP.

You may also want to swap the wlan.ko from the old TNAP to the new one. This file is located at: /lib/modules/5.5.0/extra. Your folder may be 5.4.1 as 5.5.0 is the new kernel, which I do not think you have. So swap one folder and one .ko file. Then boot into the new TNAP and see if the wireless works correctly.

6. Thanks Titanium, norman881, mc6809e thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will give this a try. If it saves me a start over, it will be worth it. Thank you!

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are many settings files that are in our feeds. They should be removed because we cannot see the satellites these setting files were made for. I plan to remove these as part of a clean-up.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

A settings file will most likely contain Favourites, a main channel file, and also a few or a lot of channel bouquets.
    I have custom made a settings file, and have it installed in the receiver as shown below.

Settings files in North America could benefit the users in the same way as it does in Europe. I have seen some great channel editing that others have done, and these channel edits could be shared by making settings files.

The picon files that we have in the feeds should also be eliminated in a clean-up because they are not really useful in North America.

I can add picon files and setting files to the feeds if someone wants to make them.

Setting Files, Picon Files, and Plugins with an .ipk extension can be added or taken away from the TNAP feeds.

9. Thanks mc6809e, stephan94, ViP3R, Titanium thanked for this post
    Likes Babadem, norman881, MikeB liked this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    There are many settings files that are in our feeds. They should be removed because we cannot see the satellites these setting files were made for. I plan to remove these as part of a clean-up.

A settings file will most likely contain Favourites, a main channel file, and also a few or a lot of channel bouquets.
    I have custom made a settings file, and have it installed in the receiver as shown below.

Settings files in North America could benefit the users in the same way as it does in Europe. I have seen some great channel editing that others have done, and these channel edits could be shared by making settings files.

The picon files that we have in the feeds should also be eliminated in a clean-up because they are not really useful in North America.

I can add picon files and setting files to the feeds if someone wants to make them.

Setting Files, Picon Files, and Plugins with an .ipk extension can be added or taken away from the TNAP feeds.
    I like to see Picons options avaialble.
    AZBox Me, Edision OS Mio 4K, Octagon SF8008, and TBS 6903-X. DG-380 Motor on 1.2M Geosat Pro. 3ABN Dish @30.0°W. 2nd 1.2M looking @103.0°W KU-Band. 12FT Paraclipse Dish looking from 37.5°W to 111.1°W.

11. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R, Titanium thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Skins can improve the look of the receiver menus, and at the same time, add other options such as weather forecasts.
    Some skins are "lite", meaning the files needed to load it are not large, and or it does not take a lot of resources to operate.
    Some skins load everything they need to operate at the time of install, while other skins expect you to install additional files or plugins in order to get all available features.

The skin named PD1LOI will display the weather, and also install the weather plugin that it uses.

Other skins will need the MSN weather plugin. So you can end up with multiple weather plugins installed in the receiver.
    Some skins will install files that will clash with other skins when they are installed.

For the above reasons, not many skins will be installed by default in enigma2 images. We will try to select a nice, useful skin for TNAP default, and supply other nice skins in the feed, which the user will have to download and install.

13. Thanks Babadem, mc6809e, stephan94, ViP3R, Titanium thanked for this post
    Likes Babadem, norman881 liked this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a hiccup tonight. My channel list got corrupted and the network connection changed from wifi to ethernet. I had to reload the channel list and reset the network connection.
    Microwave techs are fully deviated.

15. Thanks el bandido, Titanium thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will add 2 channel types to the TNAP code, which will allow the ZNS channels on 87w and some of the c band channels on 101w to scan in normally instead of scanning in as "Unknown Types".

# type 1 = digital television service
    # type 4 = nvod reference service (NYI)
    # type 17 = MPEG-2 HD digital television service
    # type 22 = advanced codec SD digital television
    # type 24 = advanced codec SD NVOD reference service (NYI)
    # type 25 = advanced codec HD digital television
    # type 27 = advanced codec HD NVOD reference service (NYI)
    # type 2 = digital radio sound service
    # type 10 = advanced codec digital radio sound service
    # type 31 = High Efficiency Video Coing digital television

service_types_tv = '1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:(type == 1) || (type == 17) || (type == 22) || (type == 25) || (type == 31) || (type == 134) || (type == 195) || (type == 0) || (type == 11)' # Added type == 0 Added type == B
    service_types_radio = '1:7:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:(type == 2) || (type == 10)'

17. Thanks ViP3R, Babadem, mc6809e, Titanium thanked for this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A plugin will be available in TNAP that will allow automatic switching between two ATSC tuners. This means you can run two separate antennas, and have the receiver automatically switch between them. I thought about changing the names of Terrestrial and cable to ATSC-1 and ATSC-2 as shown below. I do not see any real benefit in doing this right now, so I will leave the names alone, keeping Terrestrial and Cable names. These names can be changed later if needed.

if unsigned_orbpos == 0xFFFF: #Cable
    service_name = _("ATSC-2 or Cable")
    addCableAndTerrestrialLater.append(("%s" % (service_name), service.toString()))
    elif unsigned_orbpos == 0xEEEE: #Terrestrial
    service_name = _("ATSC-1")

19. Thanks stephan94, Titanium thanked for this post
    Likes Babadem liked this post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast