Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    The Cobaltfhd skin is very nice, and fun to use because of the many different features that it has.
    Cobaltfhd could really use some additional work, so it is labeled as "experimental" in our feeds

Thanks for finding this skin!

To update the feeds in the receiver, run Software update, which is: Menu--->Setup--->Software update or run opkg update in terminal.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Note:
    To install this skin, you will first need to delete all other skins except the Pli skin. To delete skin plugins or other plugins, go to the plugins menu and press the red remote button. Doing this will give you the plugin removal menu.
    I can't get this skin to install. I'm running TNAP 3.2 on my OS MIO 4k and uninstalled all skins but the Pli skin and the Emergency skin, I can't find a way to uninstall the Emergency skin.

When I try to install it it tells me that there is no packages installed or something on that order. Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks
    Edision OS Mio 4K, Invel DVB 3612, 12ft Conifer Mesh Bud, DMX 741 LNBF, V-Box 7 Positioner, Thomson Saginaw Actuator, Primestar fixed at AMC21, Channel Master CM-7000.

2. Thanks el bandido, stephan94 thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    When a skin fails to install the first time, it will display the reason it did not install.
    When a skin that has failed to install previously is installed again, it will give the no packages installed message.

Telnet may be used to force install some things, and at times, telnet will give more information about what is happening. The receiver does not tell us much about skin or plugin installs except for the first install attempt.

A complete image backup should be made before installing skins as a precaution. If you have a backup, reload it and go through the process of installing Cobaltfhd again. Except this time, remove bitrate viewer under extensions in the plugin removal section. Remove the Glamour skin and any other skin that you have installed. The PLi skin may stay and does not need to be deleted. After these removals have been done, install Cobaltfhd. Let me know if you have any issues.

4. Thanks stephan94, Megatron817, ViP3R thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by navagator View Post
    the Pli skin and the Emergency skin, I can't find a way to uninstall the Emergency skin.
    When I try to install it it tells me that there is no packages installed or something on that order. Is there anything else I need to do?
    Hello

There is also a plugin that can help uninstall: IPK-uninstaller
    you can not only uninstall the plugin (you can do it using the plugin browser / quick menu), but also all kinds of packages.
    it may not be something that every user needs, but if so, you can install it yourself.
    You have to be careful when using this plugin, you have to know what you are doing.

wish you have a nice day and keep healthy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Edision OS mio4K with TNAP-5 ; Channel Master 1,80 ; TBS6983
    LNB Ku Band . LNB KA Band 18200-19200 /21200-22200,LNB C band

6. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817, ViP3R, eastof111 thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always make a full image backup before installing anything.

If a skin fails to install, the reason why will be listed as seen below.

If you try to reinstall the skin, you may get this message:

The easiest way out of this is to:
    (1) Make notes of why the skin failed to install.
    (2) Load the backup image that was made before the skin was installed.
    (3) Remove the packages or items that caused the skin installation failure.
    (4) Install the skin and carefully check for errors .

Here is a successful install:

There are ways to do this without installing the backup image, but you will need to understand the basic receiver files, be able to use telnet, and have notepad++ or equivalent installed in your computer.

8. Thanks stephan94 thanked for this post
    Likes stephan94 liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Always make a full image backup before installing anything.

If a skin fails to install, the reason why will be listed as seen below.

If you try to reinstall the skin, you may get this message:

The easiest way out of this is to:
    (1) Make notes of why the skin failed to install.
    (2) Load the backup image that was made before the skin was installed.
    (3) Remove the packages or items that caused the skin installation failure.
    (4) Install the skin and carefully check for errors .

Here is a successful install:

There are ways to do this without installing the backup image, but you will need to understand the basic receiver files, be able to use telnet, and have notepad++ or equivalent installed in your computer.
    Unfortunately I made a new backup after I tried to install Cobalt. Could I just install a fresh multiboot version of TNAP 3.2 and then try again? I currently have TNAP 3.2 in both slots 1 and 2. I could load a fresh version in slot 2 and try to install Cobalt in that slot. I currently use Blue Shadow FHD in slot 1 and I'm pretty happy with it. I plan to load a different image of some kind in slot 2 eventually.

Thank you for your help.
    Edision OS Mio 4K, Invel DVB 3612, 12ft Conifer Mesh Bud, DMX 741 LNBF, V-Box 7 Positioner, Thomson Saginaw Actuator, Primestar fixed at AMC21, Channel Master CM-7000.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you can do that. OR you can fix the current image if you understand the use of telnet and can edit a simple text file.

The Cobaltfhd skin is complex. Some modifications were done so we could use it. At some point in the future, I would like to do more mods to make this skin easier to load.

11. Thanks ViP3R, Titanium, stephan94 thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went ahead and installed a new version of 3.2 and followed your instructions and it installed fine. I believe I prefer the Blue Shadow though, it's a little easier for me to see. The text seems to be a little bit smaller on the Cobalt skin.

Thank you for your help.

13. Thanks el bandido, stephan94 thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234