1. Collapse Details
    How do I align a dish with a dual LNB?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hi,

I'm starting out with a Shaw Direct elliptical dish and their 75E dual satellite LNB. There are four feeds coming off this LNB, two for what is marked as SAT A and two for what is marked as SAT B. The LNB's are approximately 4 degrees apart in order for the dish to be tuned to Anik F1 and F2 at the same time.

What I haven't been able to figure out from the manuals I've found online is when aiming the dish and tuning in a satellite (mine is way out of alignment) does one aim for F1 or F2 and does that correspond to SAT A or B on the LNB?

Now obviously I won't be aiming at F1 or F2 for ku band FTA. But I still need to wrap my head around this. If I wanted to tune in 97 West and 101 West, which one do I tune to, and using which LNB, A or B?

Cheers,
    Doug

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, to properly align a dual LNB (or more) dish, you set the dish to look in-between the two satellites, for 97W and 101W you take and deduct 97 from 101 and divide by 2, this gives you an offset of 2 degrees, you then set the dish to 99 degrees.

As to what satellite to tune up on, look at the programmed switch settings you have for the #1 Diseqc switch for the first LNB for what ever satellite. (Diseqc port #1= 97W?? or Diseqc port #1= 101W??) Then pick a transponder on that satellite that is in the open.

And if you need to adjust one or the other LNB for a satellite, remember that the signals are criss-crossing each each other, the LNB for 97 would be on the right hand side of the LNB mount, and the LNB for 101 would be on the left. (looking from behind the dish)

3. Likes Doug_M liked this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, that makes sense, thanks. I’ve got a meter coming, I’ll give it a shot when that arrives.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are those the lnb that you were using to watch Shaw? If so, they are circular and cannot be used for fta. You would need to purchase a linear lnb.
    Last edited by Costactc; 07-05-2020 at 02:29 PM.

6. Thanks el bandido, Terryl thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes that would be a problem...But, why do they list the Shaw transponders on F1 & F2 as H & V and not R & L like Dish or Bell, or did something get changed and never got updated??

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to be a Shaw customer years back, it was called something other but cannot remember the name. My lnb were circular, been a while maybe they changed to linear.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think (StarChoice)Shaw had a lnb that was both linear and circular polarities?

10. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes Costactc liked this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be like the invacom quad, 2 ports for circular and 2 for linear. Been too many years since the StarChoice days.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Shaw LNB's do both horizontal and vertical, they're not circular. Still, I'll be replacing the dish and LNB with a 36 or 39 inch FTA dish and LNB down the road.

13. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shaw does use linear.

The Shaw Direct 75E (37") elliptical satellite dish is used to receive Shaw Direct (formerly Star Choice) satellite TV.

This is the official 75E (37") elliptical satellite dish used for the reception of Shaw Direct satellite television in ANYWHERE in Canada. This antenna is designed for the reception of all 3 Shaw Direct satellites at 107.3°W & 111.1°W in linear Ku-Band (11.7-12.2 GHz).

For sure I would get a bigger dish at least a 39 inch..The invacome quad is still a nice lnb if your going to have a motor, but due to the weight of the lnb a good brand dish is needed. the cheap ones with a quad will shake all over the place with a good wind.

click click b00m

15. Thanks Costactc thanked for this post
    Likes Doug_M liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast