Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    YouTube Plugin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    When trying to use the YouTube plugin any search yields an error: There was an error in creating entry list! Doing some internet research prompted me to create an API key, client id and client secret but I don't know where to input these. It suggests it goes in a YouTubeUi.pyo file but again, I can't find out where it would belong in the file. I'm using TNAP.

Does anyone have some suggestions or instructions on what I have to do?

Thanks.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    HI, what you will have to do is uninstall the youtube plugin and download and install the IPK youtube plugin.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] That will give you the youtubeUI.py for editing in usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/youtube.
    Edit with notepad++ look for the API_key somewhere around line 130 I think.

3. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Megatron817,

Thanks for the information. I found the latest file on the internet using your link but don't know how to download it to the box. Can I put it on my computer and FTP it into the box? If so, where does it go?

Also, I'm hoping I can use the Text Edit program on my Mac otherwise I will have to dig out my failing Windows laptop and edit it there.

I'm using SatdreamGr 6 the TNAP that came with the box and I think it is v3.0.

Carl

5. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes FTP the IPK to the tmp folder then telnet command is
    opkg install /tmp/*.ipk
    After IPK is installed you can FTP in and get the YoutubeUI file from usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/youtube
    Text editor should work for editing then replace file with FTP and full reboot when done.

7. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now I'm getting frustrated! I deleted the old YouTube plugin and lost the OpenWebif in the process in addition to Software Manager and Weather MSN. The warning is SystemPlugins/SoftwareManager; Extensions/OpenWebif and Extensions/weatherMSN (No module found web or web.client for the weather). When I try to download the Open Webif plugin, I get an error:
    *opkg_prepare_url_for_install:Couldn't find anything to satisfy 'enigma2_plugin_extensions_openwebif'.
    I thought I could just restore a backup but I'm having problems with that too. I'm able to access the files using the FTP and see that the YouTube is actually gone. My next problem will be how to use the telnet command!
    I wish there was some kind of manual with basic instructions for this receiver.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's not fun when things go bad but you could just start over with fresh clean install or is your backup a full image backup or just a settings backup?
    You say you deleted the old youtube plugin. Was that done with the remove plugins "red button" in the plugin browser? Can't just delete it with FTP.

10. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I deleted the plugin using the red button in the browser.
    The backup folder I have is fullbackup_osmo4k and that has a folder with the date of the backup, 20200703. I tried to reload it using the backup plugin but did not have success.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds ok. With BackupSuite press blue button "Restore backup" open usb folder, open fullbackup_osmio4k folder, open 20200703 folder, highlight or go to osmio4k folder then press green button to run flash,press ok then Standard root and kernel , press ok. That should work, I never have had a backupSuite issue.

13. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that worked like a charm. Many thanks, Megatron817! It's easy when you know what to do. Originally I got as far as the 20200703 folder and when I added your step to go to the osmio4k folder it all fell into place. Now I'm back to working on my YouTube plugin.

Carl

15. Thanks Megatron817, ViP3R thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    My YouTube plugin was an older version. I replaced it with a new version and found out now the YouTubeUi.py does not have to be edited, now there is after the install a YouTube key file in etc/enigma2 where your personal api can be added in. But for now the latest ipk YouTube plugin is working without adding api key credentials.

17. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast