1. Collapse Details
    Unable to read a USB stick and need help
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I recently purchased an Edision Mio OS Mio 4K Plus and it had TNAP 3.2 loaded when I received it.

While this might be a hardware issue with the receiver, I'm posting this here in case it's something having to do with TNAP.

It was recommended to make a backup before getting too far with configuring and using the receiver so this is the first thing I'm doing before I get too far.

I took a fresh out of the package USB stick and put it in the Edision and did a filecheck status and got an error:

Error: e2fsck -b 32768 <device>

/dev/sda1 contains a vfat file system labelled 'STORE N GO'

--------

I used the harddisk initialization feature of TNAP and the filesystem check works but I can't read the USB stick in Windows 10 to copy a text file to the drive in order to do the backup.

The seller tells me Windows 10 should prompt me to repair the drive, but all Windows 10 does is prompt me to format (not fix) the drive and when I FAT32 format it and stick it back in the edision, I get a filesystem check error again.

I hooked up an ethernet cable and updated TNAP and I still have the same issues after the update.

Any suggestions of things to try so that the USB stick is readable in both the edision and windows 10? Thanks.

2. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello & Welcome to Legit!
    What is the make/model of the usb drive? The receiver is working if it reads the usb and shows
    /dev/sda1 contains a vfat file system labelled 'STORE N GO

Format the usb drive using FAT 32 in Windows 10, and all should be OK .
    If the FAT format fails, then the problem may be in the usb drive.
    You may also try to format the usb drive to Linux using the MIO, and then format it to FAT32 in Windows.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Thanks ViP3R, mc6809e thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    What is the make/model of the usb drive? The receiver is working if it reads the usb and shows
    /dev/sda1 contains a vfat file system labelled 'STORE N GO
    I've tried three different USB sticks because I thought it was odd the edision was having problems with FAT32 formatted drives. This Store N Go is a verbatim 4GB stick. The others were a sandisk 8gb stick and a kingston 16gb stick. All FAT32 fresh out of their packages because i used windows 10 to check them when the filesystem check gave an error.

Format the usb drive using FAT 32 in Windows 10, and all should be OK .
    After taking a couple of the drives and doing a system/settings/(advanced?)/harddisk/initialization within the edision/tnap 3.2, the drives passed the filesystem check but were not readable in windows 10. Windows 10 told me the disk needed to be formatted to be usable so I used windows 10 to FAT32 format the sticks.

Plugging those back into the edision, there is the filesystem check error again.

I even tried a FAT32 format of a stick using my chromebook as the seller suggested to use a different computer to format the stick.

I should also add that on the filesystem check of a FAT32 drive, the gas guage gets to 25/100 before coming up with the e2fsck error info.

If the FAT format fails, then the problem may be in the usb drive.
    with three different drives, i'm not so sure. the same behavior happens the same no matter if I'm using the edision's USB1 port or USB2 port.

Are there any special FAT32 format options I'm supposed to be using when I format using Windows 10. There is an allocation size option, quick rather than detailed format option and I think a few other things.

You may also try to format the usb drive to Linux using the MIO, and then format it to FAT32 in Windows.
    I have already tried this if it is doing the harddisk initialization option in the edisio, trying to read it in windows 10 then having to FAT32 format it to make windows 10 able to read it.