1. Collapse Details
    Trouble Flashing TNAP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hi all,

I just got a shiny new OS Mio 4K (non-plus model) delivered today. It came from Germany and has openATV installed. I've got it up and running with the correct resolution for my TV (60Hz etc) and it will power on or restart with no problems. But I can't figure out how to flash TNAP.

I downloaded both TNAP 3.2 osmio4k_usb and osmio4k_multiboot_ofgwrite. I have a FAT32 formatted 8gb flash drive. First I put the osmio4k folder, extracted from osmio4k_usb, onto the flash drive. Then I plugged it into the Edision box and powered it on. It just booted up to openATV in the usual manner. I tried again but while holding down the menu key on the remote. It got to where it says "boot" on the front panel and never went any further. Second I tried the same with the osmio4k folder from the osmio4k_multiboot_ofgwrite archive and same results.

Either this box doesn't like my flash drive or clearly I'm doing something wrong (probably the latter lol).

2. Thanks Megatron817, el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have to make a folder on the USB named downloaded_images. Put TNAP in that folder.

4. Thanks Megatron817, el bandido, ViP3R, MikeB thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This will be for Openatv flashing.Format the flash drive then create a folder on the drive named images then put the zipped multiboot Tnap3.2 in the images folder. Do not extract it needs to be zipped. The flashing tool will do the extracting. Put flash drive in back of the mio4k press menu go to setup/Software management/Flash online press ok should see a Downloaded images folder press ok to open will see tnap 3.2 osmio4k_multiboot_ofgwrite.zip
    Green button to flash pick a slot 1,2,3 or 4

6. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes norman881 liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Norman. Unfortunately it made no difference whether I had the osmio4k folder in downloaded_images or the multi boot zip file. Same behaviour.

Also, in setup flash images it only ever shows openATV files from online.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That worked Megatron, thanks! Now the fun begins....

9. Thanks Megatron817, ViP3R thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad that Megatron817 was able to help you. I overlooked the OpenATV issue. Have fun!

11. Thanks Doug_M thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like my LNB may be bad. I've had it since ~2003 (Shaw Direct quad LNB). We got rid of Shaw Direct a couple years ago for Bell Fibre. A little while later I bought a cheap used Viewsat and tried it out with the Shaw dish and LNB but had no luck. Didn't pursue it further. Then about a month ago I tried realigning the dish for Shaw. Just to tune it in and see of I could even get 299. I'm no expert by any stretch but I did my very first install of Starchoice back in '99 with no problems. But I couldn't tune the satellite (F1 or F2). I thought I was doing something wrong. Now with the Edision I can't tune in 97W. For a minute there I had a signal (36%) on 97W but with a transponder freq 10740V that isn't listed for 97W. So I thought maybe I was tuned to a nearby satellite. Tried moving the dish around (it's on the roof but a lower side-roof on the house so it isn't too bad to get at) but had no luck. Then I couldn't even get that 10740V transponder at all anymore. There's 3 cables coming from the LNB, I tried them all in case one was bad. Moved the connections around to different outputs on the LNB etc. Nothing.

I'd planned to replace the dish and LNB with a proper FTA one later but I guess that's looking like sooner lol.

13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What transponders (if any) does a blindscan return?

14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    None. It found "something" at 10740V which is not listed for Galaxy 19 or any of the sats near that. But that was just once. When I went to the signal finder and plugged in 10740V I got a signal (only time) that was about 33%. I hopped up on the roof and moved the dish slightly and the signal got stronger (36%). Then I ran a blind scan. As was just trying to tune the satellite I had blind scan set to clear on each run. After this particular blind scan ran it found nothing. Not even the 10740V. And I couldn't get the signal showing in the signal finder anymore. This is why I think the LNB is bad. Dead is more like it. If I had a helper who could bang on it while I watched the TV for a signal I bet it would work some times and not others lol.

15. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post