1. Collapse Details
    TNAP 3.2 Blind Scan Of Closely Spaced Frequencies With OS mio+
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hi,

Using a mio+ with TNAP 3.2 image, the blind scan on 95W seems to be variable. For quick successive blind scans it sometimes registers frequencies, other times it misses some of them. This satellite has quite a few closely spaced frequencies with 4MHz or less separation between them, some with low SR or 1036, others with SR of 3303.

Are there any settings that can be adjusted to improve the success rate of the blind scan? I use an EBS Pro scan with a TBS6903 card as the reference guide, it seems to register most frequencies.

2. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817, ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A TBS6903 card could be thought of as a plug-in type tuner that costs around $300.00 U.S. The MIo+ is fta receiver. So you are comparing a high priced tuner to to a fta receiver that costs around $200 U.S.

Anyway, I have done many scans of 95w, and I understand what you are talking about. Lots of times, it may be possible to get different transponders by setting the low symbol rate to 1 and scanning, then change the low symbol rate to 2 and immediately scan again. It would be nice if the Mio+ could find all the transponders on 1 scan as it does in 2 for this satellite. The pandemic has caused a decrease in transponders on this satellite too.

I do not know if many improvements can be made in this area. The Mio receivers seem to have respectable scans when compared to other fta receivers, but they are not high priced tuner cards, and really cannot be expected to scan as well as a tuner card.

What channels does the Mio miss that the tuner card gets? Please provide details, and maybe some sort of a pattern will appear that can be improved on. Logging transponders really does not mean anything as compared to logging transponders that have services.

T2MI drivers for the Mio seem to scan better than non-T2MI drivers. But the T2MI drivers confuse services on transponders around 4 MHz apart or less which is why I do not use them. Edision has done a lot of work on the tuners, and puts effort into blindscan performance. If a pattern of what is missed or other information can be provided, then Edision may be able to improve the blindscan further. The developers do not have direct access to the 95w satellite!

Recent kernel and tuner upgrades seem to help my scans of 95w. At the moment, stability is not where it should be, and some things are not working correctly. Maybe in another 3-4 weeks, these upgrades can be put into an image for North America and you can see if anything has improved. But finding a pattern or logging what is being missed is important. Telling us a tuner card outperforms a fta receiver does not help much without the detailed information of what is missed.

Attached are a few scan logs of 95w. They do not really tell us much because they have not been compared to what was found at the same time using a different receiver or card. But they do show what I think is a respectable blindscan of a difficult satellite using a fta receiver. Use notepad++ or similar to view them, or change the extension to .txt.
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. Thanks ViP3R, pa28pilot thanked for this post
    Likes Megatron817, pa28pilot liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the detailed reply.

An example from today, active now is the 3904V, SR3303 signal from 95.0W. It registers OK in a transponder scan as a unique frequency but when a channel scan is performed it gets bleed over into it from 3908V, SR3303. This results in two channels of the same name on 3904V and 3908V, the source of which is 3908V and the true signal from 3904V is lost.

6. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post a screenshot of the About page (Menu--->About).
    Those transponders work fine for me as shown below.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Attached Files Attached Files

8. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Post a screenshot of the About page (Menu--->About).
    Those transponders work fine for me as shown below.

I will have to flash TNAP 3.2 back on to the mio+, I flashed it with another image to see if it gave different results.

10. Thanks Megatron817, ViP3R thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by clubfoot View Post
    I will have to flash TNAP 3.2 back on to the mio+, I flashed it with another image to see if it gave different results.
    You can put up to four images on multiboot in the mio4k and mio4k+. This makes it faster for comparing images. Only TNAP comes with the NO T2mi driver module preloaded and in the downloadable plugins only TNAP 3.2 you can change the t2mi module. look in extra. There's NO-t2mi and t2mi.

12. Thanks el bandido, stephan94, ViP3R thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron817 View Post
    You can put up to four images on multiboot in the mio4k and mio4k+. This makes it faster for comparing images. Only TNAP comes with the NO T2mi driver module preloaded and in the downloadable plugins only TNAP 3.2 you can change the t2mi module. look in extra. There's NO-t2mi and t2mi.

I will try to flash the TNAP 3.2 image back into the mio+ in one of the multiboot slots. After a quicj search of the forum I think I have the correct procedure, could anyone please confirm?

1. create a folder named downloaded_images on the root of a FAT32 formatted USB drive
    2. copy the zipped image file named tnap-3.2-osmio4kplus_multiboot_ofgwrite into the folder named downloaded_images
    3. put the flash drive in usb slot of the mio4k
    4. menu sequences of menu --> setup --> software management --> Flash online --> press ok button to view the downloaded_images folder --> press ok button to open the downloaded_images folder and view the file named tnap 3.2 osmio4k_multiboot_ofgwrite.zip -> press green button to flash --> select slot 1,2,3 or 4

Once I have the TNAP 3.2 back in the mio+ I will upload a screen grab of the About page

14. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That sequence seems to be correct. Try it and see.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by clubfoot View Post
    I will try to flash the TNAP 3.2 image back into the mio+ in one of the multiboot slots. After a quicj search of the forum I think I have the correct procedure, could anyone please confirm?

1. create a folder named downloaded_images on the root of a FAT32 formatted USB drive
    2. copy the zipped image file named tnap-3.2-osmio4kplus_multiboot_ofgwrite into the folder named downloaded_images
    3. put the flash drive in usb slot of the mio4k
    4. menu sequences of menu --> setup --> software management --> Flash online --> press ok button to view the downloaded_images folder --> press ok button to open the downloaded_images folder and view the file named tnap 3.2 osmio4k_multiboot_ofgwrite.zip -> press green button to flash --> select slot 1,2,3 or 4

Once I have the TNAP 3.2 back in the mio+ I will upload a screen grab of the About page
    Just make sure there's enough empty space left on the usb drive, so it can unpack the file during installation.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

17. Thanks ViP3R, el bandido, clubfoot, Megatron817, mc6809e thanked for this post
    Likes clubfoot liked this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I have got the mio+ back with the TNAP 3.2 image on it and did the software updated from the feed. It now shows no updates available. Returning to my comment about the blind scan functionality of the TNAP 3.2 image there is an example today on 95.0W. Frequency 3992V, SR3303, FEC 5/6, 8PSK will scan in on a blind scan in transponder scan mode but when I go to scan in the channel it misses it.

A mio+ running OpenViX connected to the same dish and scanned at the same time locks and stores the channel.

The channel is named Delaware HD Media and is different to the Delaware HD Dirty channel on 3984V. This feed will be active for the next 5 hours if anyone wishes to check it out. I have attached the Info screen of the mio+ that was requested earlier in this topic.

19. Thanks Megatron817, stephan94 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast