Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    How can it be a 39" dish when these are the measurements???
    Marketing. Like when they say a hard drive is 500 gb but it is really 488 gb.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryl View Post
    Dishpointer doesn't tell all, try the one I posted at the bottom, it is an active footprint map, scroll to the end of the TP list at the top and select the Ku band beam for Galaxy 19, then zoom into your location, this will give you the estimated signal levels, all angles and elevations and estimated dish size for your location, you may be on the boundry of a signal level transition, this could affect the reception.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Neat site. I am on a transition boundary, or pretty close to it. Shows me as 46.1 dBW and needing a 31.5" dish.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay so I said I wasn't going up on the roof because of the heat, lol, but I did. Things I tried, three different coax (already up there from previous Shaw Direct install). Nothing. Tried to tune 99W. Nothing. Used the SignalMeter app that works with Enigma boxes. Nothing. Used the OpenWebIf signal finder. Nothing.

I know you have to be precise when tuning a dish, but is it normal to get absolutely nothing on the signal finder? I mean if you're close shouldn't you get at least some jumping on the meters? All they've ever looked like for me is as if I don't even have the coax plugged into the STB.

4. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, thanks for everyone's help and input. I do appreciate it.

6. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    All of your pictures look correct, and Normal for a satellite dish with no signal being received from the satellite.
    Also, your setup should be fta receiver ---> satellite dish. No switches, splitters...etc should be installed between the dish and receiver.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, that's good to know. I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait for that V8 satellite receiver/finder to show up lol.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you getting any DC voltage out of the receiver or sat finder???? It doesn't look like your LNB is getting power....Maybe????

Even with the LNB sitting on a work bench you should get some type of reading,(very low readings) can you try a short piece of coax right from the receiver directly to the LNB??? On a work bench as a test...Quick way to see what going on.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can give that a try. Will have to wait until tomorrow though as it is raining today.

EDIT: I just took a multi-meter to the coax connection on the back of the STB and I'm getting 19V or 13.9V depending on whether I had the signal finder on an H or V transponder.

11. Likes Terryl liked this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK those look good.....How about out at the dish??? When it's not raining that is, disconnect from the motor and see whats out there.

13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,

So my GTMEDIA V8 Finder little box came. Needed programming for NA sats. I put in a few and got up on the roof today. Didn't have too much luck. I pointed the dish at 97 west and started moving the azimuth and elevation. I eventually managed to peak a signal at 70%. A blind scan found a few encrypted channels. So I thought hmm, maybe I'm not on 97 but something else. It was starting to get hot and I'm already sunburned from watching my son's double-header ball game yesterday lol. So I tightened bolts up and went inside.

I switched to my Edision MIO and long story short, it is 103 West I'm on and all I can get is the PowerVU Fedex channels (signal, not actual decoding obviously) on transponder 12182 V. The signal is:

AGC: 74%
    SNR: 36% and 4.6 dB

and the screen says LOCK. I can scan, clear and re-scan the 6 PowerVU encoded channels repeatedly. However, moving down in frequency in the transponders and I get zero on everything. Then next transponder down is 12145 V and I get nothing. Then on other occasions it comes in fine with similar signal strength (and lock) as the first transponder. None of the horizontally polarized transponders come in at all.

I've got LO/L, LO/H and threshold all at 10750. The first time I got the lower freq vertically polarized transponder to come in was when I switched threshold to 12200 (after google and reading some random fta forum post). I though aha! That's it. But none of the horizontally polarized transponders came in. Then when I went back to 12145V it too was dead. But 12182V is always there.

I've got the signal finder parked on 12145V and it is periodically coming in and going dead and again when it comes in the signal is around 75% and it gets a lock.

So I think the lnb is junk. I'm going to look for another one to purchase. Any recommendations?

14. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast