Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    What image is installed in the MIO? (Main Menu--->About)
    LO/L, LO/H and threshold all at 10750 will work. You may also use Circular lnb setting in Non-TNAP images, or I think Standard lnb setting in TNAP images.

Blindscan is your best friend right now. Blindscan is the best way to check for signals when aligning a dish imo.

Most likely, The lnb is fine, and I would not worry about replacing it.

Transponders 12145v and 12182v are very strong on 103w. They are also DVB-S, which explains why you only get these two transponders.

You do not have a motor installed, correct?

For a fixed dish, Without a motor:
    Try to make the signal "Bigger" on either one of these transponders . Lnb skew is important, so get a signal and very slowly rotate the lnb a bit.Understand where the lnb is skewed before you rotate it so you may return it to its original position if needed. Try skewing the lnb in the opposite direction as you may have skew reversed.

Slightly pull/push on the right, left, top, and bottom of the dish while watching the signal meter. Does the signal improve or get bigger when you do this?

You are just barely on this satellite. Here are some screencaps from a 1.2 meter dish and Edision receiver. The signals on your dish when tuned will probably be slightly less.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, that makes sense (mostly). What I thought was a half decent signal your screenshots show clearly isn't lol.

I'm using OpenPLI 7.3 but have multi boot with TNAP and whatever TNAP is based on, can't remember off the top of my head.

This: "Transponders 12145v and 12182v are very strong on 103w. They are also DVB-S, which explains why you only get these two transponders." I don't understand. Should I not also be able to pick up the DVB-S2 transponders like the two clear ones on this sat?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Continue to use whatever image and settings that produce a signal. I do not suggest changing images until the dish is aligned.

Transponders 12145v and 12182v are very strong on 103w. They are also DVB-S, which explains why you only get these two transponders.
    DVB-S2 require more signal. You do not have enough signal to receive these transponders right now.
    DVB-S2 8psk Requires more signal than DVB-S2.

To put it another way, You have a very poor or weak signal for this satellite. DVB-S requires the lest amount of signal. You should get the DVB-S2 transponders once the dish is better aligned.

5. Thanks Doug_M thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a chart. DVB-S is not shown here:

Standard Modulation FEC C/N [dB]

DVB-S2 QPSK
    1/4 -2.4
    1/3 -1.2
    2/5 0
    1/2 1
    3/5 2.2
    2/3 3.1
    3/4 4
    4/5 4.6
    5/6 5.2
    8/9 6.2
    9/10 6.5
    DVB-S2 8PSK
    3/5 5.5
    2/3 6.6
    3/4 7.9
    5/6 9.4
    8/9 10.6
    9/10 11
    DVB-S2 16APSK
    2/3 9
    3/4 10.2
    4/5 11
    5/6 11.6
    8/9 12.9
    9/10 13.1
    DVB-S2 32APSK
    3/4 12.6
    4/5 13.6
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes Megatron817 liked this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had a chance this evening to go try tuning again. I set my tuner to 12182 V and then did my best to get a stronger signal (azimuth, elevation and skew). The mounting pole that came with my dish was a thinner diameter than the mounting plate on my roof and I didn't want to put a second plate in. I had to drill another hole in the pole to mount it and it "works" but it isn't completely rock solid. It does have a bit of play when I'm moving the dish around. So I think I'll bite the bullet and put up a pole in a concrete base in my back yard (I have lots of room for it). Anyway, I did get the signal a little better. 53% SNR. Still only good enough to get the two DVB-S transponders but at least this time when I did a scan it found all channels on 12145V and pulls them in clearly. This is enough of an improvement to motivate me to dig that hole in the back yard and plumb in a mounting pole lol.

9. Likes Megatron817, el bandido liked this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few fractions of an inch or a couple millimeters of movement will destroy or degrade satellite signals.
    Make sure the pole is straight or plumb om all sides before pouring the concrete. A leaning mounting pole can be made to work for a single satellite, but the elevation will not be correct. A leaning mounting pole cannot be used for a motor without great headaches. Pay close and precise attention to the way the mounting pole is installed.

There is an android app that I use for dish alignment. You may want to try it as it has a talking signal meter.

11. Thanks Doug_M, ViP3R thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123