Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The dish is a Prodelin 3.7 meter. Link: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I modified a plate to give a bit of circular polarity. The only place I found Nasa was 45 west, and did not find any channels on the high band that was 4K. 40.5w scans found only one transponder above 4200MHz.
    Scan logs for the various satellites are attached. All of these scans were done with the new feed and lnbs. The logs may be viewed with Geany, Notepad++ or similar. They may also be viewed with any text editor by changing the file extension from .xml to .txt.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Thanks skink, rrob311 thanked for this post
    Likes skink liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking at the source I was using as a reference of those 4K feeds and it is dated 2019 and I checked Lyngsat and it shows the channel you found el bandido out in that extended C band range,but no 4K feeds.Maybe they are gone?

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno.
    There are transponders in the extended c band frequencies at 40.5w, 61.0w, and 65w. I think those three satellites are the only ones with transponders above 4200 MHz. I did not find 4K on any extended transponder.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    The dish is a Prodelin 3.7 meter. Link: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I modified a plate to give a bit of circular polarity. The only place I found Nasa was 45 west, and did not find any channels on the high band that was 4K. 40.5w scans found only one transponder above 4200MHz.
    Scan logs for the various satellites are attached. All of these scans were done with the new feed and lnbs. The logs may be viewed with Geany, Notepad++ or similar. They may also be viewed with any text editor by changing the file extension from .xml to .txt.
    I have a dish and receiver fixed on the NASA channels at 127W, transponder 3920 V. THey have a UHD channel in Mpeg 4 UHD.

7. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. We know about NASA at 127w. The references about Nasa were made to the Atlantic satellites.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

9. Thanks ViP3R, Terryl thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd scan 40W but I have a super volcano in the way, cant see anything beyond 50W, darn mountains.

11. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Elbandido, concerning your 8000ri lnbs:
    How well do they perform with a low stability of +/- 500 kHz and Temp of 20 K?

I understand about better stability and lower temp numbers. I just don't understand what is actually necessary for our viewing needs. We don't do radio, data, or feed hunting. We do want all video formats when available.

I'm considering purchasing a Norsat 8525RF DRO lnb BUT the low stability is +/- 500 kHz and Temp of 25 K.

We discussed this before but I'm still concerned about pushing enough power for 5150RF's (PLL) on my systems. (5150RF DOES have better specs) I want to avoid a powered multi-switch.

For those who missed the old discussion at LFTA:
    I previously had switching problems using lnbf's on two C band dishes with multiple receivers. I purchased 2 cheap dual lnb feed horns with lnbs upon Elbandido's suggestion several months ago. My switching problem was solved. As expected, the Chinese lnb's were low quality. They function to some extent but are periodically failing. Of the four: 2 are still usable - 1 is dead - 1 (spare) still works but weak/slow to receive signal. So far I have bought 2 cheap used lnb's for replacements. I'm ready to step up my game on the next purchase.

El bandido, thanks for the previous advice... and for any future advice.

Any one else have any thoughts?

13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Norsat 8000ri lnbs perform just fine. The only complaint I would have about them is they are not quite s sensitive as I would like, but you are going to trade a little bit of sensitivity for the extra frequencies above 4200 MHz. A more sensitive lnb would also have a narrow frequency range if all other things were equal. The 8000ri lnbs have performed exceptionally well on all frequencies that I have tested including some radio transponders with a small symbol rate around 350.

We are constantly lied to when it comes to consumer lnbf's. The noise floors given for a lot of them are not realistic, and some of the other performance specs of lnbf's seem to reflect 'wishful thinking" than true specifications that are the result of controlled lab tests. Norsat specs showing a stability of +/- 500 kHz and Temp of 20-35 K is fine for the wide signals that we use in fta. The only way a pll lnb will help is when the signal is weak and narrow. A pll lnb will not help much if any on a weak signal with a symbol rate of around 1000 or higher.

PLL lnbs generate more noise when compared to a dro lnb, so more filtering is required in a well designed pll lnb which means more current is needed. A pair of Norsat dro lnbs will usually draw 250 milliamps or less , which is fine for our fta receivers. A pair of PLL Norsats may draw 500 or more milliamps which is the reason for a powered switch, or multiple receivers running to the same multi-switch and powered On at the same time.

Your mileage may vary, and opinions may vary. But I say get a decent set of Norsat or other quality made lnb for your system and enjoy the results. Consumer pll lnbs are more of a gimmick and an opportunity to sell something new than anything else. DRO lnbs work just fine for our fta satellite signals unless you are after data signals or very low symbol rates.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

14. Thanks armadillo_115 thanked for this post
    Likes armadillo_115, mc6809e, lme liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234