Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Cheap C Band Dual Feedhorn (AliExpress)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I need a cheap lnb for a c band dish install, and decided to try the dual feedhorn arrangement that is currently sold at AliExpress. An order for this dual lnb feedhorn was placed yesterday. My cost for this dual lnb feedhorn including shipping was $60.26 and is supposed to include to c band lnbs.

It is interesting to note that Tek2000 sells a China dual lnb feedhorn with lnbs included. Tek2000 wants $266.00 for their version of the China dual lnb feed horn which is $200.00 more than a comparable setup from AliExpress. I do not mind paying a bit more for the product if I can buy it from a North American vendor, but I will not pay 4 times the price, which is what Tek2000 wants.

The drawback to buying from AliExpress is the shipping time that usually takes a month or longer. First, you place the order, and then it may take several days for the vendor to get paid. Shipping does not occur until the vendor is paid. Most items purchased from AliExpress are shipped by ePacket, and may take a month or longer to arrive.

Most c band satellite systems in North America will use a lnbf for c band. The difference between a lnb and a lnbf is the lnbf has the feedhorn built into the lnb whereas the lnb has no feedhorn. So the c band lnb system I will be getting from AliExpress should consists of 4 parts which are: the dual lnb feedhorn, two c band lnbs, and a scalar ring.

I do not expect to see much if any performance advantages when using the dual lnb feedhorn as compared to using a lnbf. The reason being is that both the dual lnb feedhorn and any lnbf are cheap parts. All of the fta satellite dishes that report the best performance are using the dual lnb feedhorn on satellite systems that are capable of receiving two polarities at the same time. But the satellite systems that have the best performance are using parts that cost five or ten times what I paid for the AliExpress package.

Here is what I purchased from AliExpress:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here is what Tek2000 wants for the same or similar products Without Shipping Costs:

I will compare the dual feedhorn to a lnbf when the product arrives. Most likely, this will be a month or more. I also suggest to avoid purchasing anything from Tek2000 due to high product cost. Everything they sell is overpriced and usually over-rated. These Are Not Commercial Feeds, but Tek2000 has them listed as such.

2. Thanks Megatron817, ViP3R, 172, jdelanos73, skink thanked for this post
    Likes rrob311, armadillo_115 liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've ordered multiple times from Ali Express. Shortest shipping time for E-packet to Michigan, was 7 days! Longest was 3 MONTHS! Average is 1 month.

So, you just never know.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shipping is another reason I would buy from the U.S. or North America if the price is reasonable.

Another version of the dual feedhorn is available on Ebay for about twice the money of AliExpress. The origin of the ebay piece is China.
    More than likely, there is only one or two lines that produce these feedhorns & lnbs. Then different labels (if any) are put on the parts. Doing it this way makes it seem like there is more variety or different brands, but in reality they are all the same parts. Cheap Vodkas are done in a similar fashion. A batch of cheap Vodka is made, and then the bottling assembly line is stopped as needed for label changes. So there are many different labels of cheap Vodka that is actually the same batch.

6. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shipped with a note from the seller:
    Dear friends,your goods have been shipped within the specified time and are being transported normally.We will continue to track the logistics information.If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, we will provide you with the must satisfactory solution,if you are satisfied with our products,please give us a five-star praise.
    Due to the epidemic situation, the country has strict control andslow logistics. Please wait patiently. If you have any questions, please contact me at any time.
    Have a good day!
    This type of shipping ends up in the U.S. Postal Service which has been intentionally wrecked. I expect a long wait...

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A year ago, before the pandemic, I ordered an item from China. It arrived in LAX quite quickly, but for some unknown reason, it was transferred to a postal station in NYC. Finally received it. But, it was a long wait.

9. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The item has arrived without lnbs.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

An order for (2) 8 dollar lnbs from the same place has been placed.

This feed seems to be identical to what Tek2000 is selling. But the Tek2000 feed is a hundred dollars more which is ridiculous.

The Tek2000 salesman made a video about this feed and it can be seen in the link below. Comical for me

11. Thanks norman881, Megatron817, ViP3R, MikeB, pa28pilot thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is he the guy that actually RUNS Tek2000?
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who really knows? Tek2000 Is very secretive, and you have no idea who you are really doing business with. No phone number. No physical address....etc. Shady!

14. Likes MikeB, ftaal liked this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Is he the guy that actually RUNS Tek2000?"

Must be, he's always happy.......

16. Likes el bandido liked this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is Robbie Strike, the happy satellite nerd. He has lots of videos on his YouTube channel.

18. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast