Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    All of the Robbie Strike videos I have seen advertise for Tek2000. So there is probably a relationship.

2. Thanks norman881 thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    "Is he the guy that actually RUNS Tek2000?"

Must be, he's always happy.......
    Lol, I think he's just high on something.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

4. Likes el bandido liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Shipping is another reason I would buy from the U.S. or North America if the price is reasonable.

Another version of the dual feedhorn is available on Ebay for about twice the money of AliExpress. The origin of the ebay piece is China.
    More than likely, there is only one or two lines that produce these feedhorns & lnbs. Then different labels (if any) are put on the parts. Doing it this way makes it seem like there is more variety or different brands, but in reality they are all the same parts. Cheap Vodkas are done in a similar fashion. A batch of cheap Vodka is made, and then the bottling assembly line is stopped as needed for label changes. So there are many different labels of cheap Vodka that is actually the same batch.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You seem to know an awful lot about vodka!!

click click b00m

6. Kiss My Ass el bandido You Kissed My Ass for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This lnb and feed combination is a Poor Performer on my c band dish. I lose at least 2db in snr. Some of the weaker transponders over the Atlantic will not lock with this lnb and feed combination.

I will try something else. Either the feed is bad, or the lnbs are bad. Then again, possibly both could be bad.
    My plans include getting some decent brand name lnbs and another feed for c band in the future. Maybe we can install a mix of the cheap China parts alongside the good brand name parts and see how things work.

I do not recommend the feed and lnbs shown below. They performed very poorly on my dish. Ample time was used to install and test this lnb/feed.

Last edited by el bandido; 10-21-2020 at 09:58 AM.

8. Thanks MikeB, Megatron817, ViP3R, mc6809e, eastof111, mountaineer thanked for this post
    Likes mountaineer liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    2021 Is the year for upgrading my lnb feeds.

Performance of the cheap China feed is questionable. I have purchased a couple of Norsat 8115 DRO lnbs, and will install them on the cheap China feed as a measure of performance. DRO lnbs have performed well for me over the years and I see no advantage to using PLL lnbs. DRO lnbs generate less noise than the PLL type, which means extra circuitry or more electronics are needed in the PLL types. A commercial grade PLL lnb will require roughly twice the power needed for a commercial grade DRO lnb. IF I was looking to lock transponders with extremely small symbol rates, then I would pay the extra monies, and do what was needed to provide power for the PLL lnbs. I do operate PLL lnbs on my fixed 2.4 meter ku dish, and have not noticed any increase in performance on satellite television transponders as compared to the Norsat DRO lnbs they replaced.

Is the China feed any good??? We will see...

10. Thanks Megatron817, stephan94, MikeB, rrob311, mountaineer thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't wait to hear of the results eb. I have a motor control for polarity and skew on my feedhorn and I just put one cheap dmx211 lnb on it. One of them had a frequency drift out of the box. Haven't really had anything to compare it to.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

12. Thanks el bandido, mountaineer, ViP3R thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems the seller was and is advertising lnbs that he does not have. I got a message stating the 8115 lnbs had been discontinued for years, and were replaced with the 5150 pll lnb. So I settled on a pair of 8000ri lnbs instead.

The 8000ri lnbs have a range of 3.625 GHz to 4.8 Ghz and will give me the extended range of c band frequencies which is already in use. To me, it sorta made sense to try this model since we are losing the bottom part of c band to 5G networks. $331.00 is the total price for a pair of 8000ri lnbs shipped. We will see...

14. Thanks Megatron817, ViP3R, rrob311, mountaineer, skink thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Code will have to be added to the blindscan plugin for the 5750 l.o. frequency that the 8000ri lnbs use. I do not mind adding the code, but I am a bit upset with this seller. First he advertises a lnb he does not have, and tries to sell a different one instead. Then the 8000ri lnb was advertised to be in New York, but is being shipped slowly from Washington State. I am not impressed with this guy at all...

16. Thanks Megatron817, ViP3R, mountaineer, skink thanked for this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A proper dual polarity c band feed was ordered from SATELLITE ENGINEERING GROUP or SEG today. Talk with the sales rep led to a discussion about lnbs where I found two things about the Norsats I ordered. (1) The lnbs were reasonably priced as compared to other sellers in the professional satellite industry, and (2) The Norsat lnbs shipping from Washington State adds legitimacy to the seller as that is a known shipping location for Norsat. Granted, the Ebay seller is a reseller, but I personally would probably have a hard time buying directly from Norsat at discount prices for a 2 lnb purchase.

Now comes the question of WHY the cheap Made in China feed performs poorly against a lnbf? Since we now have cheap parts, and not so cheap parts, maybe we can find out? One thing I have noticed is most lnbf for c band are shipped with a scalar that is designed for a much higher frequency than the lnbf is designed for. This is easy to see when a scalar ring designed for 3.4-4.2 GHz is set alongside a scalar that ships with most lnbf's.

Lower frequencies require longer antennas, so the thickness or how tall a scalar ring is and the distance between the rings inside the scalar will dictate the frequency it is designed for. I will try to get some pictures to show the difference between a scalar ring that is designed for our satellite tv frequencies as compared to one that is not. It looks like the lnbf manufactures save money by making their rings smaller, which saves a bit on material. How much this effects our signals is questionable.

My guess on the China feed as to why it is a poor performer is the probes on the inside that dictate Horizontal or vertical polarity are cut wrong. I base this on what I have seen with the China made scalar rings. Perhaps the probes inside the feed were cut shorter to save a bit of material, which in turn moves the effective range of the feed up a GHz or two? This is only a guess, but after thinking about their scalar rings, cutting the probes a bit short sounds like something they would do.

18. Thanks Megatron817, ViP3R, mountaineer, skink thanked for this post
    Likes mc6809e, MikeB liked this post
  19. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some scalar ring pictures. The brown or tan ring came with a lnbf. The white or light colored ring was originally installed on a c/ku satellite dish in the mid 1990's. There are many differences in these two rings such as height, distance between the rings, and diameter. The differences are small and would need to be measured in millimeters. The differences are much larger when considering the operating frequencies of around 4 GHz. It is easy to see the China scalar ring costing less money to manufacture as less material is used.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

20. Thanks stephan94, Megatron817, ViP3R, mountaineer, skink thanked for this post
    Likes mc6809e liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast