Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Happens with some services here too. I just keep an eye on the service scan and if nothing scans in I use signal finder and put in the Transponder info and scan it again if there is a signal found.

2. Thanks clubfoot thanked for this post
    Likes clubfoot liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron817 View Post
    Happens with some services here too. I just keep an eye on the service scan and if nothing scans in I use signal finder and put in the Transponder info and scan it again if there is a signal found.
    I tried the signal finder option in the TNAP 3.2 image, it locked the frequency OK but when I scanned the channel it found nothing. Other receivers lock this channel OK and give a picture. An identical mio+ running OpenViX locks the channel OK with a picture as does another make of receiver running OpenATV. All receivers attached to the same dish.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by clubfoot; 09-14-2020 at 11:12 AM.

4. Thanks Megatron817, el bandido thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that frequency slow to lock with Tnap and signal finder? If so might try adjusting the frequency down or up by one number and see if the lock is faster then rescan the transponder.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron817 View Post
    Is that frequency slow to lock with Tnap and signal finder? If so might try adjusting the frequency down or up by one number and see if the lock is faster then rescan the transponder.

I had previously tried a manual scan using an offset on the frequency both above and below the centre frequency, no channel lock. I think there may be some parameter in the ts stream that TNAP 3.2 is not coping with when it comes to locking the channel. The transponder part of the scan is OK, it is the scanning of the channel where the issue lies.

This is not the only time and only frequency where this issue has occurred. I posted the details today as the frequency was going to be active for around 5 hours after I posted which might have given a window of opportunity for others the check it out.

7. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only difference in the 2 images is the tuner drivers.
    Please let us know when you find another transponder like that. Thanks.

9. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the feed may be back tomorrow...

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Looks like the feed may be back tomorrow...

Same again, scanned in as the frequency then failed to scan in as the channel.

There are two Delaware frequencies currently active on 3984V (Dirty) and 3992V (TVG BU). The 3984V frequency scans in as the channel with TNAP 3.2 but the 3992V frequency fails to scan in as the channel with TNAP 3.2 Another mio+ receiver running OpenViX scans both frequencies in as the channel.

It is a TNAP 3.2 issue, hopefully it can be resolved in the new image?

12. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What version of OpenVix??? (Menu--->About)

OpenVix (ver.39) misses 3984, then duplicates 3988 and 3992
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

TNAP 3.2 and TNAP 4 scan 3984, but miss 3992. A manual scan of 3993 will get the channel in either of these images.

For what it is worth, these two channels are showing basically the same thing. It would be nice if this issue could be fixed. However, I do not know if it will be fixed, or if it is fixed, how long it will take. For the current time or as a work-around, you can view the 3992 channel by doing a manual scan 1 MHz higher.

14. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    1:00 AM Is Not the best time to scan this satellite, and the weather is not the best.
    Anyway, I made a few adjustments and the results are shown below. Further tests are needed before Victory or Success can be declared.
    Attached Files Attached Files

16. Thanks Megatron817, clubfoot thanked for this post
    Likes clubfoot, MikeB liked this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    1:00 AM Is Not the best time to scan this satellite, and the weather is not the best.
    Anyway, I made a few adjustments and the results are shown below. Further tests are needed before Victory or Success can be declared.

Is there a way to force the channel scan to narrow the frequency range it uses when scanning? This might prevent bleed over from adjacent close frequencies.

Most of these close frequencies on 95.0W are 4MHz apart with a bandwidth of approximately 3.6MHz. If the channel scan could reject bleed over from an adjacent frequency by using a limit of +/- 1MHz of the locked transponder frequency it might limit the bleed over and improve the channel locking? Obviously if the tuner hardware is the limiting factor then it may not be possible?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast