Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    ftp interrupts streaming
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    While streaming a satellite program and simultaneously transfer a file, the stream is interrupted multiple times. TNAP 3.2
    Microwave techs are fully deviated.

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What satellite channel is being streamed when the file is being transferred?
    What size file is being transferred, and how long does the transfer take?
    How is the network configured or setup? Is the network Hardwired or Wireless? It might be a good idea to describe the network in detail if it contains more than 1 router, 1 computer, and 1 fta receiver.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    For what it is worth using the MIO+,
    I just transferred a 1 Gig. size file at 6.9 MB/sec while streaming ABC-10 at 95 west without any issues. I do have what some would consider a complex network that consists of cabling and wireless routers, spread out over a distance of about 100 meters. If needed, I can try from the maximum distance that my network covers. It works for me, so we need to see why it does not work for you.

5. Likes MikeB liked this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    What satellite channel is being streamed when the file is being transferred?
    Doesn't matter which program is being streamed. It has happened on 97W, 99W, and 101W. I haven't tried streaming off of other satellites while transferring a file.

What size file is being transferred, and how long does the transfer take?
    It's 2 GB, takes about 5-10 minutes to transfer.

How is the network configured or setup? Is the network Hardwired or Wireless? It might be a good idea to describe the network in detail if it contains more than 1 router, 1 computer, and 1 fta receiver.
    Everything hardwired except for laptops. Both PC and osmio4k are attached to the same router which is the primary router (Netgear R7800) in a WDS setup (1 WAP and 4 stations - 5 GHz - some are configured with a 2.4 GHz AP with different SSID - all routers are Netgear R7800). QoS is not used. Router firmware is dd-wrt. There are 2 osmio4k receivers, 4 PC's (not necessarily online at the same time - all hardwired to a router), 4 laptops (usually only 1 online but sometimes 2 or 3), 3 smartphones (all online most of the time - 2 are Samsung, 1 iphone), 2 Android TV boxes, 1 Ring doorbell (the only 2.4 GHz device), 4 Roku's hardwired to routers, 2 bluray players (hardwired to a router but normally turned off), 1 smartTV (Vizio, hardwired to a router). No IoT devices. Most devices connect via my personal wireguard VPN but not all. WPA2/AES. I think that's everything.

7. Likes el bandido liked this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have a collection of items in your network That is an impressive collection of pieces!

That list is too complicated to look at as a whole. It needs to be dissected into smaller parts or segments. Get a small segment working correctly, then add the other pieces one at a time, and test for problems after each item is added.

One problem in a setup such as yours is DHCP, or the assigning of ip addresses to the devices. If more than One of those items is assigning ip addresses, then you can have connection or connectivity problems.

Where does the internet come in? Which device supply's internet to these devices?
    Which device is in charge of assigning ip addresses?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only one router assigns LAN IP addresses, DNS, wireguard server. All known devices are assigned it's own IP address from a static leases file based on mac address. All others get a random DHCP server assigned IP address, of course, from just one router. There isn't any duplication of IP addresses. All the routers are connected via 5 GHz WDS network - only one WDS AP with 4 stations.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a question: Why is QoS turned OFF, or not used?

I have a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router running regular Netgear firmware, and turning QoS off, or even setting it manually reduces my internal LAN speed WAY down on file transfers (1-2~mbs per second). Setting QoS to automatic, results in those same speeds going up to 9-12Mbs per second...
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

11. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where can I find a complete manual for these routers? I do not know if what I looked at is correct.

Interesting reads for me on this subject here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I had a lot of setup problems with my network. The solution for me was to deactivate DHCP on all of the routers and access points. Then use one Linux computer to control the ip assignments for all devices that connect to the network. My network will completely collapse if the Linux computer goes offline. No devices can connect to the network without the Linux computer online because nothing else is allowed to control the ip addresses. My network is built out of old, cheap parts, but it works great unless the single Linux computer that controls the ip's goes out.

I have had problems with connectivity when setting up bridges, and my best luck with daisy chaining or using multiple routers and access points in one network is to keep the setup as simple as possible.

13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where can I find a complete manual for these routers? I do not know if what I looked at is correct.

Interesting reads for me on this subject here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I had a lot of setup problems with my network. The solution for me was to deactivate DHCP on all of the routers and access points. Then use one Linux computer to control the ip assignments for all devices that connect to the network. My network will completely collapse if the Linux computer goes offline. No devices can connect to the network without the Linux computer online because nothing else is allowed to control the ip addresses. My network is built out of old, cheap parts, but it works great unless the single Linux computer that controls the ip's goes out.

I have had problems with connectivity when setting up bridges, and my best luck with daisy chaining or using multiple routers and access points in one network is to keep the setup as simple as possible.
    Right here for mine:
    Code:
    https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r7000.aspx#docs
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what is wrong with this site but I keep getting a "Token expired" message and end up having to log out and back in. Anyway......

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    I have a question: Why is QoS turned OFF, or not used?

I have a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router running regular Netgear firmware, and turning QoS off, or even setting it manually reduces my internal LAN speed WAY down on file transfers (1-2~mbs per second). Setting QoS to automatic, results in those same speeds going up to 9-12Mbs per second...
    Because it interferes with a setting that allows the router to operate above 300 Mb on the WAN port.

15. Thanks MikeB thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast