what is it for?
    how does it work?
    do you need a sundtek tuner to use it?
    Thanks..!!

Al

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Sundtek Control Center Plugin is only useful for Sundtek usb devices. I have some of the Sundtek devices, and had this plugin installing as default for my use. This plugin should be removed from default install as no one can use it unless they have Sundtek usb devices.

6. Thanks voomvoom thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Video bootlogos can also be available in TNAP-4 images. A video bootlogo will play a short video that can be viewed while the receiver is booting instead of the single picture we have now. A video bootologo will take a bit more space, maybe anywhere from 2-10 MB as compared to about half a MB for a boorlogo picture. I can put up a test image with bootlogo video if someone wants to test it.

8. Thanks Megatron817, ViP3R thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello El Bandido, I would like to know if this new version of TNAP has already solved the problem that arose when scanning sat with tp at less than 4Mhz, where it took the tp as repeated, for example the sat 101w SES 1.

I have an Edision Os Mio Plus 4K

Thank you very much and sorry for the English, I use google translator

10. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes.
    Sat 101w SES 1, C band will scan correctly.
    Transponder spacing is set to 2MHz in TNAP.

12. Thanks stephan94, MikeB thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    DVB Driver Update is available online.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

14. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a bit of information about receiver time.
    TNAP-4 is based on OpenPLi.
    OpenPLi images seem to favor the time being set by the satellite or terrestrial transponder (Transponder Time).
    North America does not have many satellite transponders that the correct time can be gotten from as compared to Europe.

TNAP-4 will show more favor towards Internet time as compared to previous versions of TNAP. Transponder time will still be available for those that do not have the receiver connected to the internet, but the SystemTime default for TNAP-4 will be NTP (Internet).

Flashing TNAP-4 and then restoring settings, or using previous settings file(s) may change the default setting of TNAP-4 SystemTime.
    The NTP sync in SystemTime has been set to 5 minutes by some users as a way to fix time sync problems or issues. The receiver code looks at transponder time, and may "dump" or reset the time under the right set of conditions. I am very reluctant to change or adjust the dvb time settings or its logic as it may cause unseen problems.

TNAP-4 will attempt to check and/or set the Internet time during boot or a restart of enigma2. These extra time checks should give a more accurate time overall, and avoid the time being reset to 1970 or some other weird time during boot, providing an internet connection is available. These extra Internet time checks are embedded in the code and are not part of the SystemTime plugin. These extra checks should not bother a receiver that is set to Transponder Time.

My suggestion for setting the time in TNAP-4 is simple: Provide the receiver with a wired or wireless internet connection, verify the timezone is correct, and make no other adjustments. The Internet time check comes when the wireless Internet should be up and working.
    For systems without an internet connection: Change the SystemTime plugin setting "Sync time using" to "Transponder". Then set the receiver to boot to a channel that has the correct time, such as a Terrestrial channel or Heroes on 101w c band.

Geolocation is ran during setup to help set your time zone correctly. Geolocation Is Not supposed to be ran again after setup.

More or less, Connect the receiver to the internet, verify the timezone is correct, and forget about the receiver time. The correct default for SystemTime in TNAP-4 is shown below. If for some reason the time is not correct, A Reboot of the box should fix it. We will see...

TNAP-4 time updates are not available online, and an image containing them has not been publicly uploaded. TNAP-4 test version #3 or higher will have time updates. The receiver has a decent internal clock, but it is not battery powered. Checking or setting the time every 5 minutes should not be needed.

16. Thanks Megatron817, mc6809e thanked for this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    TNAP-4 also includes a program to test net speed. Most incorrect time issues in North America can probably be traced to a bad, poor, or erratic internet connection. This net speed program has been added to verify a decent. Internet connection.

18. Thanks Megatron817, 172, mc6809e, ViP3R thanked for this post
  19. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Edision MIO receivers use epoch time. More information on this can be found in the link.

Edision MIO receivers contain a Real Time Clock (RTC). RTC information may be found in the link.

A forced time sync was added to enigma2 code to assist receivers without a RTC some 12 years ago.

I think the forced time sync is what has been causing time issues for some users. My MIO always has the correct time, but it is mainly on ATSC channels, where the correct time is transmitted in the stream. My MIO+ is used for different things, but I have seen time issues with it on occasion. Most users in Europe will have the correct time in their satellite transponder streams, so this explains why there are not many time complaints from them.

North America needs a fta receiver that can keep the correct time regardless of what is happening with the receiver signal. Our options are:
    (1) Connect the receiver to the Internet, and sync with Internet time.
    (2) Set the receiver to boot on a channel that has correct time, and sync with the time that is in the stream.
    (3) Set time manually.

One thing we do not need is forced time syncs that were mentioned earlier because the MIO receivers seem to have RTC capability.

As a test, and As an example, I left the MIO receiver on a dead channel to see how the time would react. It should be noted that this test was done After the forced time syncs had been removed from enigma2. The SystemTime plugin was set so it would not sync for days. Here are the results of this test:

A channel was selected that was dead, or without signal.

Settings in SystemTime plugin were set so the time would not sync during this test.

The receiver was not touched for several hours, and the receiver maintained correct time.

The time was synced to check accuracy.

It looks to me that the time sync amounted to about half a second. Given that the amount of time for the test was over 6 hours (6X4=24), I would guess the receiver time might be off by a second or two in a period of one day. If this is a true test, and it holds, how often would we need to sync the time?

So more or less, code introduced 12 years ago to satisfy receivers without RTC is causing time problems in North America today. At least that is the way it looks to me. The MIO receiver should not have to be synced several times a day in order to keep correct time. They are built better than that.

As to why some have time problems, and others do not, It is the way the receiver is set up, and how it is used. We will see about fixing this time issue in TNAP4 since the problem seems to be better understood.

20. Thanks ViP3R, Megatron817, MikeB, Titanium thanked for this post
    Likes GFM liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast