Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Executable files pretty much have the most rights of any file in the receiver.
    Running multiple executable files at the same time may cause issues or problems that would not normally be seen.
    Some common executable files in the enigma2 receiver are:
    WEBif
    NTP Time
    Blindscan

The Mio/Mio+ receivers could be considered to be miniature computers. The Mio/Mio+ receivers do not have a complete set of resources that would be found on the average home computer. The user that limits the amount of executable files being ran at one time may have less problems as compared to the user running multiple files that are executable. Here are the permissions of the 3 common executable files mentioned above:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Your console output will look like this when polling the webif every 3 seconds:
    [eConsoleAppContainer] Starting /usr/bin/grab

Let's say we start a blindscan while the webif is polling every 3 seconds. Then we have 2 executable files running.
    Let's say the time is set to poll every five minutes, and it polls in the middle of the blindscan. Then we would have 3 executable files running for a short period.

Users that have the least amount of executable files running at the same time can be expected to have less issues or problems when compared to users that run multiple executable files at the same time. Blindscan is a fragile process, and it does not take much to disrupt it.

If you understand how your receiver works and use good judgement, you should have less problems or issues with it.

2. Thanks Megatron817, MikeB, stephan94, Titanium, mc6809e thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a file available to download that can be placed on a USB stick to flash the most recent multiboot image version of TNAP4?
    The multiboot file in the image section is with a date before the new fix was implemented.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What date are you talking about?
    What fix are you talking about?
    What is the build date of your image in the receiver? (See Menu--->About)
    Thanks.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    What date are you talking about?
    What fix are you talking about?
    What is the build date of your image in the receiver? (See Menu--->About)
    Thanks.

I am referring to the fix that you said was implemented in the last week regarding the plugin that was not configured correctly. You refer to it in post 11, page 2 of this topic
    I downloaded the multiboot file from the image topic and if I unpack it to check the file dates they are dated 22nd December 2020, dated before the fix you referred to above.

I have the TNAP-4 test image on my mio 4K at the moment and wished to update it to the latest release version.

6. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe we can sort this confusion. But we need to discuss or understand how the system works.
    There are images that are installed in the receiver.
    There are Plugins that are installed in the receiver.
    Images and Plugins are two separate things. But an image may contain Plugins.

Images can be updated
    Plugins can be updated.
    Updating an image does not necessarily update the Plugins because Plugins and images are pretty much two separate things. You can update the Plugins without having to change or physically update the entire image.

Plugins for images that are used at home can be installed on a computer in the home, provided the Plugin Folders are configured for the receiver to use them.
    TNAP Plugins are uploaded to a server, so almost anyone can use them. The Plugins for TNAP may be updated or changed without updating or changing the entire image. However, the Plugins List in the receiver needs to be updated so the receiver will know Exactly what is available on the Plugin Server.

To update the TNAP Plugins List in the receiver, run software update, which is: Menu--->Setup--->Software update. Or in terminal type opkg update . Doing either one of these options simply updates the Plugin list for your receiver. A Plugin list is created when the image is installed in the receiver on the first boot that has an internet connection. So if the Plugins on the internet server change, the receiver may not be able to "see" them until the Plugins list is updated (Menu--->Setup--->Software update).

For the issue mentioned in post#11, The two plugins were built wrong, which allowed the Plugins to be installed in the receiver, but would not allow them to be easily deleted from the receiver. This is why reinstalling the image was suggested. These two plugins are fixed now, so updating the Plugins List (Menu--->Setup--->Software update) will ensure that your receiver can "see" them in the Downloadable plugins(Menu--->Plugins--->Press Green Remote Button). If either of these bad Plugins were installed before they were fixed, then a reinstall of the image should fix them.

Reinstalling a TNAP-4 image is easy, providing the receiver is connected to the internet. To Reinstall with internet connection:
    (1) Insert usb drive in the receiver that has a decent amount of space on it.
    (2) Select the Proper image from Flash image (Menu--->Setup--->Flash image).
    (3) Select the proper slot, with backup
    (4) Start the image Flash.

This automatic reinstall procedure usually takes around 5 minutes. All you need to do at this point is wait for the receiver to reboot and reinstall the backup, which may or may not include downloading items from the internet. If a slot is selected that does not have "with backup", then no backup will be downloaded from the receiver. However, an older or previous backup may be installed if one is available in the receiver usb or hdd drives.

8. Thanks ViP3R, stephan94, MikeB, mc6809e, Titanium thanked for this post
    Likes norman881 liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have attached a couple of files that are used to determine what Plugins are available, and how the Plugins that are available compare to those that are in the receiver. Almost all of the updates for the image can be in .ipk, which is the common Plugin format.

Here is our example:
    Package: enigma2-plugin-extra-no-t2mi-module
    Version: 5.9.0
    Description: no-t2mi kernel module
    Section: devel
    Priority: optional
    Maintainer: devs
    License: CLOSED
    Architecture: all
    OE:
    Source:
    Size: 79230
    Filename: enigma2-plugin-extra-no-t2mi-module_5.9.0_all.ipk
    MD5sum: d11a4f31ac95b3f37eb9209fff0896d5
    SHA256sum: 9b89b6d614f620658a1701cffd1a34a87455c9ffc249c8543a a6f56c435a5310
    If I open a Plugin up and change some files or modify it, then the SHA256sum and/or MD5sum values may change. The receiver has a Plugin list(s) that contains the MD5sum values. You may view these lists in /var/lib/opkg/lists of the receiver files.

This is why when you update, add, or change a Plugin, Software update needs to be ran in the receiver.
    If we want to update the entire image, we build it, delete the current .ipk files that are on the server, then upload all of the updated ipk files to the server. To see the updates, run Software update in the receiver.
    If we want to update Plugins only, we build them, upload the desired Plugins (.ipk files) to the server. To see the updates, run Software update in the receiver.

More or less, all software update does is read the Plugin list(s) from the server, and compare the list(s) to what is supposed to be loaded in the receiver. If a new version of a Plugin is available, then Software update will list the update(s) and gives the user the option to update.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

10. Thanks stephan94, Megatron817, MikeB, ViP3R, mengram, mc6809e, Titanium thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anybody been able to get the Freearhey 1.7 plugin from the feed (in Extensions) to work on the latest TNAP 4.0 update? I just (2/16/21) did a "Software Update" to the latest updates, which loaded, rebooted, and seem to be successful. I then tried to load the Freearhey plugin and when you go into it, it just shows the top splash screen with nothing else. There's no iptv feeds that show. If you hit the green button, it brings up a fault screen, which says it'll reboot the receiver, which it then does.

I uninstalled it for now, as it's not critical for me for it to work, BUT, it is on the feeds, and doesn't seem to work.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

12. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Run Software update, then install the 1.8 version in feeds.
    The 1.7 version should be deleted from the feeds. I will try to remember that.

14. Thanks MikeB, Megatron817 thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Run Software update, then install the 1.8 version in feeds.
    The 1.7 version should be deleted from the feeds. I will try to remember that.
    That one works, thanks!
    My name is Mike.

16. Thanks Megatron817, el bandido thanked for this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the Export function still doesn't work with 1.8. It doesn't cause a lockup like 1.7, it just doesn't do anything as far as I can tell, but I guess it's not critical.
    My name is Mike.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast